Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #121
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Gorilla Unit 33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
hey gorilla unit where did you get your fender tubs?
J-Tuned Motorsports
Mike Fagan - Fabricator
484-614-8595 ask for Jim tell him LJ sent you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
no, a swirl pot needs to be higher than the highest water level the coolant reserve does not need to be as it is insufficient in removing air pockets from the cooling system.
ok that make sense, i just wasnt too sure about the ps resi. I know that shit can be tricky sometimes.

On to other news, i was shooting to have my car finished and running by next weekend to be at the D1 event @ englishtown but i slipped up today working and almost cut my finger off. I should have stiches but i dont have insurance so im fucked. Anyway i cant solder or really do most of the work it would take to get my car done with one hand, so unless i find some really helpful dependable friends over night or some really good meds that will keep me coherant enough to do this shit its not hapening.
Gorilla Unit 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #122
driftertim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
driftertim is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to driftertim Send a message via MSN to driftertim
Really sorry about your Finger man, be careful. I grew up in Sherman Oaks Cali n now im in Montreal Canada. Doing a similar tuck on my Coupe here. Thanks goodness for our Medical system because it doesnt cost a dime. If anything come over here for a visit stay with me n I'll take you to the hospital. I think I need some help with my wire tuck once I get more into finding out what I do and dont need. I was able to disassemble the 2 fuse boxes in the engine bay, pull everything inside through the Big hole on the LH- side and its all sitting on the floor of the passenger side. I removed my A/C system but im debating on keeping the heater core. I think that will open up some more space to put all that 6 feel of wiring/ loom. Correct me if im wrong but besides the Horn/ lights markers, CAS, MAF what else needs to be extended? Many thanks for such an amazing write up and inspiring work. I hope your digit feels better soon.

Cheers,
Tim
Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #123
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Next time i anything hapens major, i might take you up on that offer, you will just have to pick me up from the airport with a wheel chair lol.

Now the only way i would ever take my heater core out is if you never ever plan on driving it in the cold, or if it was strictly a track car. I know i know the turbo may keep the temps up on the driver side since the exhaust comes right down by your feet but dude your in canada it gets cold there, just like it does here in PA if not colder. Now to the extension question you had. I extended all my wires because i tucked my whole harness, with another OEM Harness so all the wires are the same color.

My plans for the next few days are as follows. Pressure washing my bay in the morning. I should be done painting my bay and all the wiring/soldering tomorrow. Hopefully drop the motor in early thursday morning, connect everything make sure it runs, install clutch and trans. Then on Friday get my header connected into the rest of the exhaust all ready for Saturday HOPEFULLY D1!!!!1!!...

Thanks to OBEEWON stopping by giving me verbal influence today lol, JC8898 for helping me tape off the bay today!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #124
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Glad this thread is still attracting attention. I should have my interior wiring/security system finished in the next few days, I'll show ya what a 'real' tucked harness looks like lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftertim View Post
Really sorry about your Finger man, be careful. I grew up in Sherman Oaks Cali n now im in Montreal Canada.
FAIL.

Anyway, you should really cut that mess of wire and re-solder the wires you need. Depending on where things are positioned, you may end up extending/shortening every wire, it's an undertaking.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #125
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Ok so i woke up a little late yesterday and didnt get to pressure washing as early as i wanted to but at the end of the day im happy. I know i have a near impossible deadline, to some people but i know i can still reach it right now. Sand down, grind away any surface rust, seam sealed a little bit more, primed, sanded some more, and then lastly primed with high temp flat black primer.

This morning i figure on spraying three coats of high temp high gloss black and then finishing cleaning and painting the one side of my motor that i haven't gotten to yet :/. Install the thermal intake manifold gasket and then refer back to my JDS performance video to double check all my hose running on the under side of the intake manifold. After that install my steering rack bushings and then my motor mounts, drop the motor in and continue to hook everything up in hopes that it runs…. UP WITH HOPE…. down with…. well… nothing just fucking need to drive this thing god damn it!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:17 AM   #126
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dude, i didnt know you had a thread on here.

I wasn't able to pick my car up last night so it might be tonight. I'll keep you posted though. Looking good. Are you going to mask the cowl and spray all the way up to the top?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #127
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post

I wasn't able to pick my car up last night so it might be tonight. I'll keep you posted though. Looking good. Are you going to mask the cowl and spray all the way up to the top?
Im actually removing it right now... updates in a lil
Old 09-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #128
RP El Fresco
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
RP El Fresco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
signal light malfunction

hey Bro i having some problems with my left corner turning signal for my silvia and i was wondering if you can help me out. the problem is that the light only works when the lights are off but when i turn on my headlights it stops working.
RP El Fresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #129
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP El Fresco View Post
hey Bro i having some problems with my left corner turning signal for my silvia and i was wondering if you can help me out. the problem is that the light only works when the lights are off but when i turn on my headlights it stops working.
sorry cant help you i dont have a sil front end.... look on Nico they normally have good write ups but it sounds like you have something hooked up wrong...

im getting BEEEAAATTTT....

Dinner break; cooked steak and dogs for the people that helped!...

Engine bay is done...

Bolted up my manifolds...

Motor and trans are together...

Under coated my tubs and the rest of my wheel wells...

PD REP!!!!

PD REP!!!!

In the morning:

REPLACE OIL PAN GASKET (almost forgot!!!) and filter...

Install Sard thermostat and outlet pipe...

Replace water pump belt...

Dropping in my motor and trans...

Relocating my ps resi...

Solder all the wires correctly... (smelly240)

----248 Cam install possibly?----

Install new Valve cover...

Fill up with fluids, coolant/water and oil...

Start the engine make sure it runs---- MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!

Re-Install Stealth Fab Front upper strut bar...

Re-Install dash and front end...

Start up and drive open header to J-Tuned to get a flange welded to the rest of my exhaust to bolt everything up...

-?-?-?-?-?-?-Ready for the ride to D1-?-?-?-?-?-?-?

Anyone got the day off tomorrow lol ? Im beat...

BIG THANKS TO Jim from J-Tuned for the help and trans bolts!!! ALSO BIG THANKS TO NICK (240_fun) for coming all the way from NJ just to help...

Old 09-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #130
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post

its my thread not his!!!!threadjacker
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #131
arabtitalator
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
arabtitalator is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hpipro4 do you have any shots of your center console like head on, looks so clean - props man looks freaking gorgeous.
arabtitalator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #132
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabtitalator View Post
Hpipro4 do you have any shots of your center console like head on, looks so clean - props man looks freaking gorgeous.
like this???

Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #133
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
dude why is your center console like bright diarreah brown?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:24 AM   #134
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
dude why is your center console like bright diarreah brown?
i painted it flat brown...was going to get a blk center console but dude flake on me!!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #135
arabtitalator
Leaky Injector

arabtitalator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
like this???
Thats exactelly what i was looking for! Thanks, and for the dash if you wanted it black why dont you just paint it with some vinnyl rattle can spray?
arabtitalator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #136
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
hpipro4-

im a little confused as to what you did here. why did you still keep the stock fuse block by the drivers foot? did you just move the 2 fuse boxes from the engine bay underneather the dash? i am thinking about completly rewiring my entire car but really not sure if i want to take the task on. also with the a/c is it only one relay that runs the a/c system?

thanks
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #137
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Man View Post
hpipro4-

im a little confused as to what you did here. why did you still keep the stock fuse block by the drivers foot? did you just move the 2 fuse boxes from the engine bay underneather the dash? i am thinking about completly rewiring my entire car but really not sure if i want to take the task on. also with the a/c is it only one relay that runs the a/c system?

thanks
my main task was to only re-located fuse/relay boxes from bay to cabin except w/o using the bulky boxes instead i use aftermarket fuse panel i got from egay and just place most of the relays behind glove box.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #138
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
my main task was to only re-located fuse/relay boxes from bay to cabin except w/o using the bulky boxes instead i use aftermarket fuse panel i got from egay and just place most of the relays behind glove box.

i see. so with that small fuse block that you got from ebay you used that to power the relays that were in the engine bay. i think i got what you did then.

thanks
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #139
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Man View Post
i see. so with that small fuse block that you got from ebay you used that to power the relays that were in the engine bay. i think i got what you did then.

thanks
yeah pretty much and replace all the fusible links with fuses! and i had extra spaces to add my alarms/power door/fan controller/etc fused power wires...
Old 09-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #140
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
teamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have to say that you guys trying to do this in the car are crazy! I pulled out all my wiring in my 89 coupe so that I can paint the whole car so I will be removing all the extra wiring and putting the fuse boxes up under the dash when its all done.

Started unlooming things last night and it seems like it won't be too bad outside the car, but dang it looks like it sucks inside the car.
teamsprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #141
HaloHaloStyle

HaloHaloStyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice install
HaloHaloStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #142
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloHaloStyle View Post
Nice install
u a pinoy?
Old 10-31-2009, 03:36 PM   #143
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Hey guys! I have a 90 recently just installed coilovers and am having some issues with the wiring rubbing against the tires. I have never had to do a wire tuck before and am not really sure where to start. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Please no negative replies
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #144
Genovese.Jr
BANNED

Genovese.Jr is an unknown quantity at this point
that dash kills it
Genovese.Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #145
Brew

Brew is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is one I did back in the spring.

Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #146
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

mine still lookin fresh!!!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #147
jiggs
Zilvia Junkie

jiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choicesjiggs has made poor choices
^^^ more pics mann, its too sickkk
Old 11-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #148
EchaKqulo
Leaky Injector

EchaKqulo is an unknown quantity at this point
+1

I want to see more pics too!!!
EchaKqulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #149
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
when you did the wire wrapping with the chinese finger trap looking material(the actual name escapes me) did you cut plugs off and re solder them or just stretched it around it? I've got some sitting in my room for when i wanted to tuck mine but didn't do it because i wasn't trying to cut all my connectors off and have to go back and re solder them back on.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #150
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
^^^ more pics mann, its too sickkk
pics of bay??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchaKqulo View Post
+1

I want to see more pics too!!!
ill post some suspension mods n bay n interior pics in a few....

Quote:
Originally Posted by punxva View Post
when you did the wire wrapping with the chinese finger trap looking material(the actual name escapes me) did you cut plugs off and re solder them or just stretched it around it? I've got some sitting in my room for when i wanted to tuck mine but didn't do it because i wasn't trying to cut all my connectors off and have to go back and re solder them back on.
yea i had to cut, de-pinned, soldered n re-pinned. took out the entire harness separated everything and labeled this and that where i cut em....time and patient my friend...