Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #1831
Redstar
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Redstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
+1

I have been driving on stretched tires for a little over 33,000 miles and have not had a single issue with a tire blowing out or anything. Granted, I did get some bubbles on the front tires but that was unrelated to my tire stretch.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #1832
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
this thread makes my 215 45 17 feel like its factory spec on my 9inch wide.
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #1833
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
this thread makes my 215 45 17 feel like its factory spec on my 9inch wide.
my 215/35 on my 9 inch wide would agree. lol
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #1834
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I ran one set of 205 45's on a 10" wheel daily driving at 60psi for over a year. I never once had a single issue or even had to add air. I don't give a shit even if it was unsafe.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #1835
Breitling
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Breitling is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
255.35.18 runflat on 18x11.5

96 lbs of pressure to get it to stay....

Ls460, 240sx, Super Avenger, Chronofighter, Navitimer
Breitling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #1836
lbs_ft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
lbs_ft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
Do you actually race your car though? If not, then why run what people on the track do? Do you have a cage in your DD as well?

Stretched tires can cause separation of the sidewall to tread interface, most notably when the tire pressure drops. However, the stiffer sidewall comment is somewhat correct... obviously the less sidewall flex, the better the cornering, but I think all of you in here do not push the limits of your tires such that you have to worry about flex. Mostly nowadays, you guys do this for looks and e-nut riders.
I do track it when I can afford to - drifting, that is, not racing. Loads of people at the track run stretched tires, me included, but not many people have cages at the events I attend, me included.

Stretched tires are obviously not your thing. That's awesome, good for you, I respect your opinion.

I like them. I'm not trying to impress anybody. I think they look tits, and the ladies love em. If you ask me, I'd say I've got my priorities in order.
lbs_ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #1837
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
I'll leave you all to talking about your popped collars, dubstep, skinny jeans, and stretched tires.

i wish i could fit that quote into my sig.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #1838
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbs_ft View Post
the ladies love em.
If you're getting chicks because of your early to mid 90's nissan and the apparent tire stretch, then perhaps you should reevaluate your life and/or the ladies you choose... Unless you're 16 and you're getting chicks who are sub 16 because you have a car, then you're golden.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #1839
Marc Anthony
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Marc Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What are you doing in this thread?
Marc Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #1840
lbs_ft
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
lbs_ft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
If you're getting chicks because of your early to mid 90's nissan and the apparent tire stretch, then perhaps you should reevaluate your life and/or the ladies you choose... Unless you're 16 and you're getting chicks who are sub 16 because you have a car, then you're golden.
Holy shit, if I'm getting chicks because of my early to mid 90's Nissan and the apparent tire stretch, what could possibly need re-evaluating? bwahahaha

All that means is that my car does all the same things your car does PLUS the ladies love it.

That is some undeniably flawless logic right there, read it and weep.
lbs_ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #1841
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
My car only attracts dudes.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #1842
Benedict
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Benedict is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you don't like stretched tires then why are you wasting your time and ours by posting this crap in the stretched tires thread? Shut the fuck up and leave.

215/35/18 Kumho Ecsta AST 18x10
Ran this setup for about 2 years including track days and cross country road trip.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #1843
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^^win.

and why yes....yes my car does attract women....they are all over 16...and they have big titties.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #1844
tqstarburst
Zilvia FREAK!

tqstarburst is an unknown quantity at this point
new sig right there ^ lol.
tqstarburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 AM   #1845
240Cali
Premium Member

240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-s130 View Post
My car only attracts dudes.
+1 my gf hates it -.- lol
Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #1846
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody have pics of RPF1 18x10.5 +18 setup on S14? I want to see how a 18" aggressive setup would look. Please post up!!
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #1847
qwerty
Leaky Injector

qwerty is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
ok then, what benefits are there in stretching tires on street cars?
that's right, there are none.
Quote:
Certainly that is subjective. I guess I'm from the school of thought that you modify your car to make it better. Lots of people here today obviously don't follow that.
from The Ultimate Guide to Suspension and Handling: Part Five, Adding Negative Camber

This illustration shows the tire profile distortion typical of what happens under side load. This is not exaggerated. On the track it can be much worse to where the tire actually runs up on the sidewall and half the inside tread lifts off the ground. Negative camber counteracts this.

This picture really shows why negative camber helps grip. Look at the heavily loaded outside front wheel of this Sentra. The tire is so distorted, it is practically rolling over and the rim is almost hitting the ground. The tire's outside shoulder is loaded heavily and the inside of the tread is lifting off the ground. Effectively only about half of the tire's contact patch is being used. The result, a big loss of grip and grinding understeer.

simply to say, less sidewall flex means less tire distortion when cornering. i agree some people over do it tho
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #1848
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just buy the picture of side wall flex. No one runs more than a 40 series when stretching...not a lot of room for flex there. The only downside to stretched tires would be the fact that the tire can come unbeaded, but my 255/35 on my 10.5 I have put through hell cornering and track...never had any issues.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #1849
s13_rb25
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13_rb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Fake wheels... check.
Stupid tire stretch... check.
Lame signature quote... check.

Having your tire pop off driving down the road putting your life and the lives of others in danger... priceless, for everything else there's DerpaCard.
Lmaoooo. Too funny. I dont really have room to talk as im running Grids. But hey im not stretching my tires. But my fake wheels spin in a circle perfect and they hold my car up and i like the way they look. Mission accomplished. Dude with the p45's, put a 235/40 on it. it looks better and handles better.
s13_rb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #1850
The Dude
Zilvia Junkie

The Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
from The Ultimate Guide to Suspension and Handling: Part Five, Adding Negative Camber

[IMG]
This illustration shows the tire profile distortion typical of what happens under side load. This is not exaggerated. On the track it can be much worse to where the tire actually runs up on the sidewall and half the inside tread lifts off the ground. Negative camber counteracts this.

[IMG]
This picture really shows why negative camber helps grip. Look at the heavily loaded outside front wheel of this Sentra. The tire is so distorted, it is practically rolling over and the rim is almost hitting the ground. The tire's outside shoulder is loaded heavily and the inside of the tread is lifting off the ground. Effectively only about half of the tire's contact patch is being used. The result, a big loss of grip and grinding understeer.

simply to say, less sidewall flex means less tire distortion when cornering. i agree some people over do it tho
Increasing tire pressure on a lower profile tire will give you the same thing with the added benefit of having a larger contact patch since you have a wider tire. That, and you can lower your tire pressure and have a decent ride when on the street.
Hell, even the Formula Drift guys don't stretch their tires like you guys do. So if you say it's for anything other than looks you're kidding yourselves.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #1851
mattheripper
Leaky Injector

mattheripper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Increasing tire pressure on a lower profile tire will give you the same thing with the added benefit of having a larger contact patch since you have a wider tire. That, and you can lower your tire pressure and have a decent ride when on the street.
Hell, even the Formula Drift guys don't stretch their tires like you guys do. So if you say it's for anything other than looks you're kidding yourselves.
I'm kidding myself that it even looks good. But I don't care. I heard someone say, "They only person your car impresses is you" and that's the way it is in here obviously and the way it should be.

But when people start saying, "oh its so dangerous" "oh no scary, his wheel could fall off". Freak go join some Mom group against drunk driving, that's shits way more retarded and everywhere.
mattheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #1852
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

vipergtsr1000hp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFIVEBETA View Post
Anybody have pics of RPF1 18x10.5 +18 setup on S14? I want to see how a 18" aggressive setup would look. Please post up!!

235/40/18 on 18x10.5
vipergtsr1000hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #1853
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Take this rant to the loud noises section.

Quote:
Alexi: First of all, why this look? It’s obviously not finished yet, is it?

Kawashima: No, it’s not finished! As for the look, there’s three main points of the way modified cars should look (in Japan), and that’s onikyan (cambered wheels), tsuraichi (tyres just barely inside the guards) and hippari (stretched tyres). I wanted to make a car that took all of those things to the furthest point I’ve ever seen them done.

Alexi: You’ve been getting a lot of attention overseas recently even though the car is nowhere near finished, but there have been quite a few comments that have been rather negative.

Kawashima: Really? Well, that doesn’t really change what I do. When I came up with the idea for this look, I knew that a lot of people were not going to like it, however the people who actually do like it are going to absolutely love it, and that’s good enough for me.

Alexi: How do you get those tyres to fit like that?

Kawashima: The inner side of the tyre is beaded as normal, and it has 600kPa (almost 87psi) of air to keep the outer tyre bead on the rim. I drove it here on Friday night from Tokyo on the expressway like this.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #1854
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
What the fuck happened here. I've driven on stretched tires for ages, never once have I had a problem due to stretching.

Can all the pussies that are afraid of stretching disperse to somewhere else?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #1855
vipergtsr1000hp
Zilvia Junkie

vipergtsr1000hp is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
What the fuck happened here. I've driven on stretched tires for ages, never once have I had a problem due to stretching.

^^^^^^^
yes what he said. never had a problem with stretched tires before.

i had a 215/40 on a 17x10

and a 225/40 on a 18x10.5

i think it all depends on your driving style. avoid any big potholes lol.
vipergtsr1000hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #1856
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
If there was a bill going through congress that prevented the act of tire stretching, I would sign that shit in a heartbeat. Now I'm not talking about mild stretches, I'm talking about the morons who go way above and beyond the level of acceptance, which would be easy for law enforcement to spot on the road as well.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #1857
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
beyond the level of acceptance
Do you have a chart for this?
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #1858
The Dude
Zilvia Junkie

The Dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post

Yes, the only reason for someone to not want to stretch their tires is that they must be a pussy. Nice logic.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #1859
JFoxx
BANNED

JFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choices
zilvia = one giant pissing contest.....
JFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #1860
DeleriousZ
Zilvia Junkie

DeleriousZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Holy shit you guys, why don't you go bitch in your maximum tire threads where someone else gives a fuck? We're in here because we like stretch, we don't come to the max tire threads and bitch about it being too meaty do we?
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote