Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #15301
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for considering to answer my question guys...

Not to sure but let's assume it's all stock. Not my car but I did the work and feel horrible that the pads/rotors siezed up...Everything was tighten and done correctly

Go off:
stock everything
Hawk pads
CZP rotors

thanks again
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #15302
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post

Not to sure but let's assume it's all stock. Not my car but I did the work and feel horrible that the pads/rotors siezed up...Everything was tighten and done correctly

Go off:
stock everything
Hawk pads
CZP rotors

thanks again
What? Ok look 30 mm rotors are used for z32 brakes or gtr brakes in the front. Some people opt for z32 fronts or gtr fronts and stock rears because there's a lot more work to swap rears out. Bigger brakes means you need a bigger master cylinder. 15/16 or 17/16 are the common swaps from z32 cars.

Now how is it seizing? Is it seizing just driving? Is it seizing with the slightest brake application? Need more info for us to help at all. Assuming something is gonna make us give you the wrong solution and you will fuck it up even more or worse put the person who's car your working on in danger.
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #15303
mrevan94

mrevan94 is an unknown quantity at this point
brake lights, s13 hatch

Aight. Welll I've been having a problem with my brake lights. I found out that everytime I put a fuse in it would pop.. the oe ones are 20a.. and like an idiot I put a 30a in.. on the way home smoke started commin out of my dash.. so I know I messed up there and messed up something I shouldn't have.. I know I have a short somewhere but after I put that fuse in I don't think I can just fix it by finding the short. Correct? But anyway I've Bern driving with no brake lights for too damn long now and all my friends are tired of it when we go cruise or go somewhere but could I just hardwire my switch to maybe my ignition or something so ithey would work and would bypass all the Bs or would that give the tail lights too much power and blow them. Thanks guys.
mrevan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #15304
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevan94 View Post
Aight. Welll I've been having a problem with my brake lights. I found out that everytime I put a fuse in it would pop.. the oe ones are 20a.. and like an idiot I put a 30a in.. on the way home smoke started commin out of my dash.. so I know I messed up there and messed up something I shouldn't have.. I know I have a short somewhere but after I put that fuse in I don't think I can just fix it by finding the short. Correct? But anyway I've Bern driving with no brake lights for too damn long now and all my friends are tired of it when we go cruise or go somewhere but could I just hardwire my switch to maybe my ignition or something so ithey would work and would bypass all the Bs or would that give the tail lights too much power and blow them. Thanks guys.
Obviously you fucked the power wire for the brake lights. The wire for the pedal is just a signal wire for a relay that takes power from a juicier wire (the one you just melted the insulation off of) and puts it to the tail lights. Buy a relay and make another circuit for it
Old 11-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #15305
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty sure stock brake master. Brakes are z32 30mm fronts and stock rear. Hawk HPS pads and centric rotors.

Brake pedals got super soft and brakes were locked too.

thanks again Dev71893 for any input
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #15306
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Pretty sure stock brake master. Brakes are z32 30mm fronts and stock rear. Hawk HPS pads and centric rotors.

If you bled the brakes properly, and upgraded the fluid to a Dot 4/5, you shouldn't be having any soft pedal issues. With a higher pressure fluid, the oe master will work fine. Were the rotors machine cleaned on a rotor machine before installation or cleaned of any manufacturing coatings? This ALMOST sounds like new pads on preservative coating. The pads heat up the preservative coating and BAM seized brakes!

I know on my car I simply spec'd the stock rotors and added stoptech pads with upgraded fluid and they freakin STOP

Z32 swap is simple enough, and if everything is clean, aligned, and installed correctly there should be no problem except a lighter pedal if upgraded fluid is not used on oe master
Old 11-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #15307
dankd

dankd is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedriftbadger View Post

Tuck it. It takes like 20 minutes if you're slow. Or spend hours piecing your harness back together when the tire eats it and leaves you stranded. Your choice. I feel like you haven't rolled your fenders either, so do that too. Where in florida are you
I will agree to this, Just got in the 240 game, and bought my first coupe with the chassis harness eaten up by the tire...lol
dankd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #15308
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:

I would at least run a 15/16 master. Fluid flush yes but do NOT put DOT 5 brake fluid, that has silicone and has no business in our cars. Again need more details man. Idk what your saying. When you apply the brakes the pedal is super soft but they just stay locked? Where the calipers just reused without a rebuild?
Old 11-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #15309
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Does anyone know if there is a difference between a automatic or manual transmission s14 ka24de ac bracket ?

Im looing through ebay for one , but some adds say they are for an auto tranny and some say for a manual tranny , while some do not mention any of the two.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #15310
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:

Go off:
stock everything
Hawk pads
CZP rotors

thanks again
Where the Calipers already on the car? Are both sides locking or just one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a difference between a automatic or manual transmission s14 ka24de ac bracket ?

Im looing through ebay for one , but some adds say they are for an auto tranny and some say for a manual tranny , while some do not mention any of the two.
All S14KA (and late S13KA with the R134a compressor) base brackets are the same. They have a trapezoid pattern where it bolts to the block and the cmopressor pattern is a perfect rectangle

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #15311
Kanto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Kanto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just got a oem momo steering wheel from Japan. They had to remove the airbags to get it shipped. Is it possible to remove the one in my current oem s14 wheel to the momo?
Kanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #15312
IceCream

IceCream is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone tell me what the drivers door pocket called, that sits over the master control window switches?? im in need of one and dont know whats it called
IceCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #15313
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

You might just have the wrong pads and/or rotors. Put the stock rotors back on and see if it goes away. With the piston completely retracted the clearance between the pads and rotor should not be tight at all, actually not even touching, or just barely touching. The fact that it was a tight fit tells me either you have the wrong parts, or the caliper is seized so bad it won't retract far enough to fit the new pads.
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #15314
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
does anyone know what happened to jesse streeter?
Old 11-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #15315
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
1991 Hatchback SE.

So after a year with my viper alarm
my passenger door doesn't unlock, but it locks.

I hear the black box humming at the kick panel when locking but not unlocking.
Does anyone know if I need to install actuator or do I just replace that black box?
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #15316
IceCream

i would like to know if i have a cracked block or head, when i am having water come out where the cam is? i have drained the oil/water added new oil and im still getting lots of water still coming out
Old 11-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #15317
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
i would like to know if i have a cracked block or head, when i am having water come out where the cam is? i have drained the oil/water added new oil and im still getting lots of water still coming out
What do you mean by "having water come out where the cam is"?

From the ports?

Inside the valvecover?

???????????????????????????????????????????

What engine????????????????????????????????????????

Your description is far too lacking to answer your question...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #15318
titopr06
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (68)
titopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nicetitopr06 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
anyone know if s15 ganadors will fit an s14?
titopr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #15319
IceCream

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
What do you mean by "having water come out where the cam is"?

From the ports?

Inside the valvecover?

???????????????????????????????????????????

What engine????????????????????????????????????????

Your description is far too lacking to answer your question...
its a 90 240sx with the ka24de, single cam... yes inside the valve cover, yes i believe the ports, its mixing in with the oil after dropping the oil drain bolt which pretty much all that came out was water

yeah i no it was lacking stuff, just wrote it really fast sorry
Old 11-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #15320
shanelach
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shanelach is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anybody have any idea where I can find a gp sports windshield banner? Or a good image of one?
Old 11-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #15321
s13Breh

s13Breh is an unknown quantity at this point
would a s14 sr20det greddy pully kit fit on a s13 blacktop? And s13 pulley kit to s14?
s13Breh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #15322
SkyS13Walker

SkyS13Walker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SkyS13Walker
Does anyone know the thread pattern on the the megan test pipe.. lost the bolts amd need a replacement

Love her like ya bitch and i aint talkin about ya girl
SkyS13Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #15323
RichardDUONG10
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (23)
RichardDUONG10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
anyone with a tomei short shifter out there, i need the height meansurements of the metal collar.
RichardDUONG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #15324
Chronicle
Leaky Injector

Chronicle is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay, so I've got a base S14 with 4 lug hubs. I've been looking at the idea of using Q45 brakes and just redrilling rotors. What I've read from here and here is that all I need for the front brakes are the Q45 calipers, rotors and pads. All I have to do is redrill the rotors, cut the dust shield and bolt in.

I can't seem to figure out if I can use Q45 brake parts for the rears. Is it the same "redrill and go" procedure, or am I missing something?
Old 11-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #15325
DialedLife
Zilvia Member

DialedLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Chronicle, instead of refilling the rotors to 4 lug, redrill the hub to 5 lug. I've been driving mine for a few months and haven't had any issues. Jaysgottareptop has a DIY on here.
DialedLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #15326
Chronicle
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DialedLife View Post
Chronicle, instead of refilling the rotors to 4 lug, redrill the hub to 5 lug. I've been driving mine for a few months and haven't had any issues. Jaysgottareptop has a DIY on here.
Redrilling the hubs sounds like a terrible idea. It just sounds like they'd be extremely fragile. If they're working well for you, what do you do with your car? How much power are you putting out?

EDIT: I found the DIY, and noticed you can't do this to the rears. That would just lead to more inconsistencies. If I was that worried about moving to 5 lug, I've buy new S14 hubs.

And my original question is still open. Can I use the Q45 rear brakes on my S14?
Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #15327
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanelach View Post
Anybody have any idea where I can find a gp sports windshield banner? Or a good image of one?
look for it, if not then look for the design and he can make it for you.

Acromann Online Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
Okay, so I've got a base S14 with 4 lug hubs. I've been looking at the idea of using Q45 brakes and just redrilling rotors. What I've read from here and here is that all I need for the front brakes are the Q45 calipers, rotors and pads. All I have to do is redrill the rotors, cut the dust shield and bolt in.

I can't seem to figure out if I can use Q45 brake parts for the rears. Is it the same "redrill and go" procedure, or am I missing something?
drilling the rotor to 4 lug would be best and, i wouldnt go q45 rear, just keep stock rear with the z31 caliper bracket to let you use a bigger rotor in back or run aggressive pads.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #15328
Chronicle
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
drilling the rotor to 4 lug would be best and, i wouldnt go q45 rear, just keep stock rear with the z31 caliper bracket to let you use a bigger rotor in back or run aggressive pads.
So, Z31 caliper bracket, but stock calipers allows for rotors that are thicker or have a larger diameter? Which rotors would work well for that setup?
Old 11-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #15329
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
anyone know the thread pitch of s14 differential cover nuts. Just the nuts that bolt the cover to the subframe. Id pull my cover but id rather not drop the diff out now that the subframe and everything else is back in(i lost my original nuts).
theboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #15330
DialedLife
Zilvia Member

DialedLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Chronicle,
My car is stock dualcam. I drift it a few times a month, and drive it every other day. I did it because I'm broke. If you're not worried about going 5 lug then forget it. I did it because I had some nicer 5 lug wheels. I'm 5 and 4 lug haha.

Also, the hubs are really thick metal, and the holes are spaced when redrilled.
DialedLife is offline   Reply With Quote