Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nicelyphe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
SR ECU's..Possible differences..

Alright I've done a bunch of searching, and just can't find a definite answer for this..and I understand this has been covered before. But no thread explains a definite answer.

I'm running a blacktop sr, it came with a 62 ECU, which everything felt right and I had no issues, Until water destroyed it..As you can see here.

ImageShack Album - 5 images

Well I needed the car ASAP and my buddy only had a 63 for me to buy. I've been using this ECU for the past few days and it just doesn't feel right for one. When under steady load, or just driving in general it feels like its holding back, then it just gains its power and shoots off. Hard to explain, I'm sure you all understand lmao.

Also get a gassy smell from exhaust that I never got with the 62. Believe I could be running a bit rich with this ECU, sadly no wide band, and no smoke from the exhaust. Rarely ever has a backfire, but when I downshift or have the car under load with no throttle it has that srt4/subby muffled popping sound. Also never did this previously.

Now to the point..I've from several diff comments that the 62/63 make no difference besides being from an automatic and having that idle hang, which I haven't experienced. Have read the 63 has more of a conservative timing..Also read the 63 has a different fuel map than the 62 does.

Also I know this is in the "Chat" section.
Nicelyphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links