Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
Sills
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Sills is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jdm S14 to Rb20 Wiring

Hey everyone, im having an extremely hard time finding any useful information for my swap wiring. Im going from a jdm 1997 S14 SE with an Sr20de engine to a Rb20Det engine.

The jdm S14s seem very hard to find wiring pinouts for (I know there out there, Ive found a few) but the fact that its a de engine seems to make this even harder.

If anyone has done the swap wiring or seen any good guides please lead me to useful information?

Ive got the Rb20det (R32) harness as well as my S14 Sr harness both out of the vehicles.

Does anyone know the differences (if any) between the usdm s14 harness and jdm one? Is the Ka harness completely different?

Im assuming ill take the ecu plugs from the Rb harness, then find a pinout, and match the wires to the pins on the S14 harness and use the s14 harness with rb plugs? Does anyone know which actual "connectors" on the harness I will need to swap? Will I have to touch the plugs that control my S14 interior powers, or just the ones which control the engine?

Any help is very appreciated. Please dont tell me just to buy a wiring specialties harness, Id love to but id rather learn to do this, save the money, and have the satisfaction of doing it myself.

Ill check the thread frequently, any insight is very appreciated. I can definitely provide pictures of any parts of the harness if necessary!
Sills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
SidewaysS13ka
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
SidewaysS13ka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
hey man i recently put an rb25 in my buddies coupe and did it with a WS harness and still had to do a little bit of wiring, but i have the r33 rb20/25 pdf on my laptop if you want it pm me your email. its the whole manual translated to english. i forgot where i found it, but pm and let me know. as for the jdm sr harness/usdm and ka s14 one they arent much different, besides a few plugs, dont quote me on that, you will just have to do a lot of cross referencing. i doubled checked and the pdfs i have on laptop are 90 s13, s14 sr20det, and r33 r20/25 like i said if you want them pm and i can email them to you.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:05 PM   #3
Sills
Leaky Injector

Sills is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysS13ka View Post
hey man i recently put an rb25 in my buddies coupe and did it with a WS harness and still had to do a little bit of wiring, but i have the r33 rb20/25 pdf on my laptop if you want it pm me your email. its the whole manual translated to english. i forgot where i found it, but pm and let me know. as for the jdm sr harness/usdm and ka s14 one they arent much different, besides a few plugs, dont quote me on that, you will just have to do a lot of cross referencing. i doubled checked and the pdfs i have on laptop are 90 s13, s14 sr20det, and r33 r20/25 like i said if you want them pm and i can email them to you.
That would be sweet! Do you know if it will be the same as an R32 Rb20 pinout?! Also are you aware of if the Sr20de/det harnesses have any major variances?
Sills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
YEAH1374

YEAH1374 is an unknown quantity at this point
also in need of that guide

Would you be able to send that to me some way. i cant get my s14 - rb20det wiring right. its frustrating me to a point of redicoulousness.
YEAH1374 is offline   Reply With Quote