Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
Casperjay
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Casperjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
CA Ca18det not starting!

Ok so here's the deal I just recently finished cleaning up and redoing my ca18det swap into a s13 vert. Good every thing hooked up and ready to go... And it won't start! Just cranks and cranks and cranks, It's getting fuel and spark and has good compression. I did some reading and I figured I'd do a ecu diagnostic, and I threw a cas code.. I pulled it out span the lobe and the injectors clicked. So it should mean its working? So I pulled the coilpacks and double checked for spark.. Found out the coilpacks to cylinders 2 and 3
would spark once then wouldn't spark again, while cylinders 1 and 4 are sparking constantly. I have no idea what the hell is going on and would
appreciate any help

Oh! Idk if its any help but before I pulled the motor to clean everything up I kept blowing alt fuses, not knowing that my alternator was grounding out on its self. It stopped running at the same time. I blew the first one.
Casperjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links