Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #17731
TunanS14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
TunanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymatic View Post
so I just got my 98 kouki about last week. when I bought it, the guy said that the only problem was that my front o2 sensor burned out (which I changed 2 days ago). but then the CEL was still on, which I found odd since that was the only flaw with the car. I went to a friend, who's a mechanic, told me that the tranny has been switched from automatic to manual. He said that the CKP sensor has been modified, it had a washer and tape for some reason so it could fit in the tranny which, he installed a new one for me. And, the downstream o2 sensor has been converted to an upstream and also burned out (idk why lol.) I also replaced the o2 sensor near the catalytic which was the converted one. Still, the CEL is on. My car also doesn't have a neutral safety switch. Any reason why my CEL is still on and how can I take it off? Thank you!
Check to make sure you are running the correct ECU. A lot of times people don't care to swap the Auto ECU with the correct 5 speed ECU. Same thing happened in my '96. The Auto ECU will throw a code since there obviously isn't an auto-trans in the car anymore and it's searching for the corresponding sensors. JimWolfTechnologies.com has a list of appropriate ECU's you can use for reference.

Last edited by TunanS14; 01-10-2015 at 11:09 AM..
TunanS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #17732
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Ya ever hear of anyone buying replacement bearings in a hub for a 240? No sir. All 240 hubs come with bearings in them, to include the Ichiba's we put on a hatch, the ones we put on a coupe, and the set we put on a 4 lug zenki. The reason it is cheaper to buy a new hub is because trying to replace the bearings costs as much or more

Thanks for your reply. Tell me where is this new hub with bearing that cost just as much? Timken front bearings are $50 ea and rears are $100 ea. I only use timken bearings, because I have had good success with them in all my previous cars. Besides I have arp studs on my hubs so I don't really need a new hub.

Anyone with more knowledge know if oem bearings work with ichiba front and rear hubs?
Old 01-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #17733
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
In all the conversion hubs I've used I've been able to replace the bearings with OEM or Timken replacements.

I run rear OEM hubs because they last longer than the conversion hubs.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #17734
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't understand why you would buy aftermarket rear hubs.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:34 PM   #17735
dirtychubbs

Trader Rating: (0)
dirtychubbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
are the kouki bumper extension brackets needed to put on the 180sx front bumper? or will it fit fine with just my pig nose brackets?

im talking about these things:http://www.frsport.com/Nissan-62293-...t_p_32852.html

edit: and where can i get the nissan emblem for the front bumper? ive googled and everything i found was like over 30$ +shipping which imo is ridiculous.

Last edited by dirtychubbs; 01-10-2015 at 09:00 PM..
dirtychubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #17736
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anybody tell me how to properly embed photobucket videos?
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #17737
TunanS14
Leaky Injector

TunanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know what I need to do to become a vendor here on Zilvia? I am not looking to do a group buy or advertise. I can't find any information about the subject. (Yes, I have ready contacted admin/mods/RJF... No reply)
Old 01-11-2015, 12:48 AM   #17738
killer240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
In all the conversion hubs I've used I've been able to replace the bearings with OEM or Timken replacements.

I run rear OEM hubs because they last longer than the conversion hubs.
Cool. Thanks. I will be getting my timken bearings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
I don't understand why you would buy aftermarket rear hubs.

I didn't feel like going to the junkyard and pulling out a set of hubs and nobody was selling OEM hubs at that time.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #17739
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Tell me where is this new hub with bearing that cost just as much? Timken front bearings are $50 ea and rears are $100 ea. I only use timken bearings, because I have had good success with them in all my previous cars. Besides I have arp studs on my hubs so I don't really need a new hub.

Anyone with more knowledge know if oem bearings work with ichiba front and rear hubs?
Attempt Two:
Ichiba Hubs USE NISSAN Bearings, ie, OE bearings. That work for you?
Old 01-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #17740
overdueBlaSiaN

overdueBlaSiaN is an unknown quantity at this point
Welded diff supporting mods

should I wait for my coils or should I install my welded diff now with my tokico shocks and lowering springs?
Or does this not even matter?
I just want to go drift
overdueBlaSiaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 04:43 PM   #17741
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdueBlaSiaN View Post
should I wait for my coils or should I install my welded diff now with my tokico shocks and lowering springs?
Or does this not even matter?
I just want to go drift
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #17742
killer240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Attempt Two:
Ichiba Hubs USE NISSAN Bearings, ie, OE bearings. That work for you?
Not sure if your being sarcastic. Thanks anyway
Old 01-12-2015, 07:12 AM   #17743
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
Not sure if your being sarcastic. Thanks anyway
a little? All I did was check Ichiba to see what they used for bearings and it was right there...Nissan bearings, or oe. if you would like sarcasm, I could try a little harder for ya though
Old 01-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #17744
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
a little? All I did was check Ichiba to see what they used for bearings and it was right there...Nissan bearings, or oe. if you would like sarcasm, I could try a little harder for ya though
the bearings ichiba uses are NOT OEM factory bearings, theyre crap chinese OE style replacement bearings (big difference between OE certified and OE "style"). why do you think ichiba conversion hubs are so cheap?

perhaps instead of being a smart ass to people in the future, you can forgo the attitude as you never know when someone will come along and shut you down because your providing information that is wrong! copy and paste isnt always your friend pumpkin...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:08 PM   #17745
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
alright so i recently installed a walbro 255 fuel pump for my ka24de. also installed a new fuel filter. a little bit after that, one of my fuel injectors wasnt working properly. would cause the engine to shake and would cause sputtering. drove the car like this for maybe 10 miles and nothing was wrong except for the sputtering and engine shaking. i change the bad fuel injector and the sputtering and engine shaking goes away. but now, when i give it gas, the idle drops low and hesitates before the engine revs. it doesnt do this all the time though and it did make the car stall once. if i keep an eye on it i could make sure it doesnt stall. and it also feels just a tad bit sluggish on acceleration. the car also started to run rich. my question is what is causing it to do this? do i need an adjustable fpr? help would be much appreciated.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:29 PM   #17746
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaanrel View Post
do i need an adjustable fpr?

that would be a yes... your fuel pressure is sitting around 55-60psi right now, needs to be back down around 32psi.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #17747
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
that would be a yes... your fuel pressure is sitting around 55-60psi right now, needs to be back down around 32psi.
would this fix the revving hesitation/dropping idle before it revs? why wasnt it doing this when i had the bad fuel injector in? also would it be bad to drive like this for a while?
Old 01-12-2015, 10:51 PM   #17748
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
The stock FPR should work fine.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:26 AM   #17749
SidewayzAsFck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
SidewayzAsFck can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Does anyone know what size bolts are used to bolt an SR ac compressor bracket to the block? And what size bolts to install the compressor itself to the bracket? This is for a s13 sr20det redtop. I have searched and the one piece of info I found was wrong. Pm me plz
SidewayzAsFck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 01:50 AM   #17750
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
What aero looks mostly stock for fenders? I need some nice fenders that's mostly stock looking with no vents cause I'm not a fan. I can't find any decent stock ones that aren't dented or taxed for being stock fenders.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:41 AM   #17751
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the bearings ichiba uses are NOT OEM factory bearings, theyre crap chinese OE style replacement bearings (big difference between OE certified and OE "style"). why do you think ichiba conversion hubs are so cheap?

perhaps instead of being a smart ass to people in the future, you can forgo the attitude as you never know when someone will come along and shut you down because your providing information that is wrong! copy and paste isnt always your friend pumpkin...

Hey, I looked up Ichiba and bearings. Everything I saw said either Nissan or OE. I am certain pretty much everything out there with the exception of OE probably uses some cheaper version, but I shall in all earnestness refer to your breadth and depth of experience oh grand one

I was only referring to the call out for sarcasm, since a quick, not research quality, look on google provided an ample answer TO FITMENT, not quality, which was what was being asked. If you want to educate we dirty unwashed unknowing on the finer points of quality, please proceed sir, in all due haste!
Old 01-13-2015, 12:10 PM   #17752
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
The stock FPR should work fine.
If the stock fpr is working fine then whats causing my car to do this? Is it the injectors? I only changed one and prior to changing it, it never gave me this problem
Old 01-13-2015, 12:11 PM   #17753
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Sounds like vac leaks.

It could be a dying fpr, I suppose, but throwing in a walbro doesn't automatically require a new FPR.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #17754
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Sounds like vac leaks.

It could be a dying fpr, I suppose, but throwing in a walbro doesn't automatically require a new FPR.
Checked for vacuum leaks and there seems to be none.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #17755
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Get a cheap inline fuel pressure gauge to verify fuel pressure with and without vacuum source. My bet is on pinched injector o-ring. Go to hardware store and replace all your injector o-rings. It's silly cheap and make sure you use a little oil around them when installing to prevent them from binding.

I had a Walbro 255 and a stock FPR that never had these issues so don't worry about the 255, it should be fine. Your fuel pressure will be slightly higher because of it but not enough to cause noticeable hesitation you're describing.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #17756
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
One of my headlights is out on my hatch, bought a new headlight still Dosent come on. Bought a new switch and installed it, still Dosent come on. Check the fuses they are all good, what else could it be??
Old 01-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #17757
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
The injector probably isn't seated all the way. The first time I replaced an injector I did the same thing. It ran so rich that the exhaust was pretty much all raw gas. You might want to pull off another injector cap to compare how the new injector is supposed to sit in the rail.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #17758
ScRote20det
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
ScRote20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Swapped z32 brakes and booster on my s13.... After it warms up I get a squealing from my brake booster under light pressure... After I stop I can apply the brakes fully or completely let them off...and the noise quits....light pressure and it starts again. Really think its vacuum prob coz when I apply brakes my idle goes up and down. Drives me crazy....and is really embarrassing sitting at a stop light with my booster yelling. Please help
ScRote20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:12 PM   #17759
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddock View Post
My bet is on pinched injector o-ring.

I had a Walbro 255 and a stock FPR that never had these issues so don't worry about the 255, it should be fine. Your fuel pressure will be slightly higher because of it but not enough to cause noticeable hesitation you're describing.
when i put the new injector in, it fit in perfectly without any problems so i doubt the o rings mightve been pinched, but i will check it out. and yeah the hesitation makes me stall out whenever im only trying to move up a couple feet in 1st gear or trying to park, if that makes sense lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
The injector probably isn't seated all the way. The first time I replaced an injector I did the same thing. It ran so rich that the exhaust was pretty much all raw gas. You might want to pull off another injector cap to compare how the new injector is supposed to sit in the rail.
it looks pretty seated to me. but i also forgot to mention that i am using a brand new 240sx fuel filter instead of a 300zx fuel filter. should i have gotten the 300zx one instead or?
Old 01-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #17760
e1_griego
Post Whore!

No, the filter doesn't matter, either.