Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
blakeZX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
blakeZX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blakeZX
S14 JDM Kouki turn signals missing sockets/bulbs!

Hey guys.. been searching through a bunch of threads looking for this info but I'm having a really hard time finding what I need.

I picked up a pair of S14 JDM kouki turn signals online from someone who neglected to mention that they were missing the sockets/bulbs/subharnesses..basically I just received the bare signals with nothing attached.

From what I have read, the USDM side marker sockets use a 194 bulb and will screw right into the JDM ones, so I am okay there.

The difference lies in the JDM turn signal element, which from what I understand uses a 921 bulb whereas the USDM turn signal uses an 1156 bulb..is there some difference with the sockets as well?

What I'm wondering is, does anyone know if there is a socket from a USDM car I can splice into my wiring that will fit into the socket plug for the JDM turn signal? Or am I dumb, and all I need to do is put a 921 bulb into the same socket that the 1156 bulb was in and call it a day?

I went to the auto parts store with my turn signal and found a fog light socket/bulb combo that would fit with some modification, but it was a really overpowered bulb for a turn signal. So I'm hoping there is an easier solution.

Basically, I don't have any of these wires/sockets that SHOULD come with the turn signal (if the visual helps):

Any help would be appreciated..thanks.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
don_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
go to the junk yard get side markers bulb socket with some slack on the wire, cut off the 1156 socket on the stock s14, connect the side markers to where 1156 was then your good.. now you have a 194 socket instead of an 1156..
idk how people did theirs, but thats what i did with mine.. but then again, i dont know shit about wiring. lol.. but i havent had any problems with mine.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
blakeZX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
blakeZX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blakeZX
Hey thanks man, I will try that. It sounds a lot better than trying to make that super bright foglight bulb fit. Yeah from what I can tell the three-prong socket seems common, but I didn't know what would work in there other than the 921 type bulb. If a 194 is working for you I'll give it a shot. Much appreciated.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
don_bagz
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
don_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to beholddon_bagz is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
for sure.. i believe 194 sockets are also used as side markers on the s13.. so, there should be a ton in the junk yard