Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:09 AM   #1
RW3

Trader Rating: (0)
RW3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 3 S-Chassis, 1 Dude

So I've been on the forums for a couple years now and figured I should finally start a build thread. Instead of doing multiple threads, I'm just gonna do one for all the cars.

Well lets get this party started

I fell into S-chassis world by accident. A few years ago I was lurking around and found a picture of a car and for some reason I had to know more about it. Eventually I found that it was an S13.5 ( If anyone can find the picture that'd be awesome, white s13.5 at a shell gas station.) and ending up with one. An S13 hatch that is, not a s13.5. High school me decided it was cool to daily drive a caged Single cam with no ac or heat. As you can already guess, that didn't last long. Eventually I got rid of it for a BRZ. That was the end of that era.

Also, at some point I decided to get a shell and its been one for about 4 years now. ( that'll change soon tho)

Fast forward to fall of October 2016, I was in a really shitty place in life and felt that a project car would help with it so I picked up my two tone coupe. It was a deal I couldn't pass up

Wasn't too bad after spraying everything down.

The car was too low and started showing signs of rubbing on the harness so that got taken car of immediately.

Drove the car at a couple events and this video came out of it. Fixed random stuff that broke here and there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fouvyJMepec&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fouvyJMepec&fs=1" />https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fouvyJMepec">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fouvyJMepec

Eventually it was time for some angle. ISR offset tension rods PBM offset racks extended LCA maximum inner tie rod s14 outer Nismo Power brace

eventually that led to notched arms

random pictures from events

I decided that I rather focus on the S13s so I sold my BRZ.
That opened a ton of doors so expect major changes soon

I was having binding issues at full lock so i relocated my rack and got GKtech budget LCA. OH and my front end is off because I'm going S13.4 this weekend

This is how the car currently sits. Im driving an event Sunday so this should be interesting especially since I have a day to put it back together.

Oh yea and about about a month ago I picked up this hatch. You'll see more of this later on.

Last edited by RW3; 02-16-2018 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: Picture resize V.2
RW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
dawgggg, learn to resize your pictures on imgur.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
RW3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
dawgggg, learn to resize your pictures on imgur.
Didn't know you could, got it taken care of
Old 02-16-2018, 01:03 PM   #4
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
s13.4 is not the move... but its your car, good luck
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:19 PM   #5
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Lol Nevada and the damn classic vehicle plates
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #6
RW3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
s13.4 is not the move... but its your car, good luck
Reason being?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Lol Nevada and the damn classic vehicle plates
Its a great thing lmao
Old 02-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #7
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
I wish California would let me do something like that. I miss being in Nevada only for the reason of not having smog.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #8
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW3 View Post
Reason being?
I'm not particularly a fan of the looks, but the bigger issue is the fitment. I've never seen one that lined up correctly. But, to each his own and I'm not bank rolling it so do you.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:35 PM   #9
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
overall it just doesnt look as good. you would have to be very progressive with the aero you use and your style to get it to look impressive. and you wheel fitment has to be excellent to compensate for the awkward and chopped up look.

sidewaysil80 is right getting the fenders to line up takes good skills.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:18 AM   #10
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Just my .02c OP, it’s your car do whatever the fuck you want with it. I think s13.4 look a hell of a lot better than ugly ass flip up lights, Silvia is played out. Rocket bunny is garbage(go buy a douche mustang). It can work and look good, just do what looks best to you. I’ll be s14.5 soon so I sat go all in! Let the Zilvia crowd chime in all they want...
Old 03-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #11
RW3

Pop ups are cool and everything but theyre not worth all the extra wiring needed, especially for what I wanted the car to be. For a while I was debating on an s14 front vs a Silvia front. Only reason I went with the s14 front is because it was cheaper to do so. After seeing my buddy Tyler's car I was sold on it.

Anyways I was supposed to update after the weekend of the event (which obviously didn't happen)
Fitting the S14 front was a hassle, leading me to run the event without a front end

Also these GKTech arms are awesome! It was so much better driving a car without binding issues.

Car ran great the whole time, only ran into an alignment issue which was quickly sorted out with some toe plates. Shout out to the Sorensens for that save! Didn't get any pictures from the event but I did destroy my diff on my last run.

Oh well shit happens

Got a bumper for super cheap and tried my hand at fiberglass repair.

Needles to say, I fucked it up

Peep the super doof skirts tho

Made a trip out to Utah to pick up some Ladybois from the Scroundrel guys and a fresh diff on the way back.

This past weekend I started to strip the car out and get everything ready for a cage.

The wiring nest needed to go and a fresh start was needed.

Next comes pulling the sound deadening. Any recommendations on how to?
Old 03-14-2018, 10:58 PM   #12
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dry ice, there's also another way where you can get them off in one sheet instead of smashing them into pieces. Google or youtube...
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:31 AM   #13
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Good choice on s13.4!! I've been debating s13.4/5 for 7 years and still can't decide ha.