Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Buckets WITH STOCK seat belt setups..

Ive seen people run stock seatbelts on bucket seats how the hell do they do that..since i just got new buckets i was thinking doing the samething...since my car is a DD but how does the stock buckles mount on the buckets..& yes i know i have harness for both seats..i just want buckets & keep my back seats so my car can still be a DD....
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
on my seat rails, bride driver and garage thrash pass., there was an extra bolt and mounting hole to just use the actual buckle from the factory seat.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I ran stock seat belts on my S13, and run stock S14 seat belts on my S14, with my Momo bucket. The shoulder part still touches my shoulder (and will keep me inside the seat in an accident), but the lap part just rides on the seat. I'm not really worried about that because I'm not going to submarine, the seat is tilted pretty far back.

Harnesses are always better, but right now I'm more worried about the legality (officer doesn't see you wearing a belt from behind, he'll pull you over, then you have to defend the legality of your harness), and mounting (I don't have a harness bar or cage on the S14 ... yet).

Edit: just saw Chase's post, I didn't think that's what he's asking... but yeah my Wedge Engineering brackets have a threaded hole to accept the stock seat belt receiver.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
rightcoastimports
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
rightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond reputerightcoastimports has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i just bolted the buckles to the seat rail itself and it has just enough length to reach up..
Old 06-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
bo2o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
bo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfectionbo2o is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yup most rails come with a spot to put on belts buckles.

^^^click^^^
bo2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
yep, you just bolt the female part to the bride bracket.

easy
Old 06-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
spool_sample
Zilvia Member

spool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond reputespool_sample has a reputation beyond repute
Use the lower part of a 5-pt. in conjunction with the stock 3-pts.

You'll still be able to move your torso to look around, but you won't run as much risk of submarining.
spool_sample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I ran stock seat belts on my S13, and run stock S14 seat belts on my S14, with my Momo bucket. The shoulder part still touches my shoulder (and will keep me inside the seat in an accident), but the lap part just rides on the seat. I'm not really worried about that because I'm not going to submarine, the seat is tilted pretty far back.

Harnesses are always better, but right now I'm more worried about the legality (officer doesn't see you wearing a belt from behind, he'll pull you over, then you have to defend the legality of your harness), and mounting (I don't have a harness bar or cage on the S14 ... yet).

Edit: just saw Chase's post, I didn't think that's what he's asking... but yeah my Wedge Engineering brackets have a threaded hole to accept the stock seat belt receiver.
i would be worried about the lap belt. the upper part just keeps your from flying through the windshield (which it does a shitty job at doing without the help of the lap belt.) the lap belt is what REALLY keeps you planted in the seat (well...as much as possible anyways.)

As far as I know, no harness is legal on the street- track only.

harnesses are a great investment, but can be a pain on the street. leaning forward to look for oncoming traffic at a stop sign is impossible...and if you have enough play in your harness to lean forward.. its not going to do shit in a crash, they need to be snug.

..my .02¢

to the OP - i used to have a sparco bracket that had a spot for the stock belt latch, I'm not too sure about the bride I have now..im too lazy to go downstairs and look.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #9
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Aren't the scroth harnesses street legal??

But anyway if your rail doesn't have a spot to bolt up the stock buckle, just make one.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
touge monster
Zilvia Addict

touge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to touge monster
I thought harnesses were legal.. thats why they have the exp date thingy.
touge monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
My bride subframe came with a hole to bolt the female buckle to. Infact, it came with a standard R32GTR buckle, but obviously that didn't work with my car, so replaced it with my stock one.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #12
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Stock belts on a fixed back seat suck. Rarely is the lap belt anywhere close to your actual lap.

Whenever I get a roll bar and harnesses in my car, I'll be running those on the street. I'd probably get my intestines ripped apart in a big crash the way the stock belt sits on my seat.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #13
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
thanks for the input guys! +1 for everyone..
S13Boosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #14
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i used to pass the lap belt through the holes in the seat, then buckle it in. worked well for me, held tight like a harness. this was in my s13 with auto belts and an f1shit spg knockoff on a nams super low rail.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 PM   #15
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
http://www.soloracer.com/schroth.html

Here is a link to the schroth harnesses. They're the only DOT approved harness I know of. All the others are approved for the track, but not the street. A cop can still give you a ticket if your driving around with a takata/willians/sparco/etc.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #16
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
i used to pass the lap belt through the holes in the seat, then buckle it in. worked well for me, held tight like a harness. this was in my s13 with auto belts and an f1shit spg knockoff on a nams super low rail.
hey, thats exactly what i do

with the same seat and everything

except i have a BC super low rail
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #17
Mista Lee
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
Mista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud ofMista Lee has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mista Lee
im running my bucket with no lap seatbelt
Mista Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #18
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Lee View Post
im running my bucket with no lap seatbelt
might wanna fix that, like yesterday.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #19
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Those schroth bolt in harnesses for VW fit in the rear seatbelt holes...i thought you weren't supposed to do that.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:23 AM   #20
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

alwaysnboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Hate to revive an old thread but figured it would be better than starting a new one. I have buckets and looking to retain factory buckles. Any pics of your set up? Or seat belt extenders you maybe using? Anything helps.
alwaysnboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #21
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
No cage with fixed bucket = run factory belts. Your body needs to be able to bend over in case of a roll over and the one strap factory helps with this. A harness would just keep you glued to your seat in an upright position, meaning you snap your neck.

With a cage, you must run a harness. It'll keep you from flopping around and slamming the cage with your head in an accident (although you should be wearing a helmet at all times with a cage).
Old 05-03-2018, 08:13 AM   #22
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have some bride reclinables in my car and run s14 buckles. No worries.

A friend of mine does the same with his Kirkey bucket. When he goes to the track throws his harness on.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #23
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
No cage with fixed bucket = run factory belts. Your body needs to be able to bend over in case of a roll over and the one strap factory helps with this. A harness would just keep you glued to your seat in an upright position, meaning you snap your neck.

With a cage, you must run a harness. It'll keep you from flopping around and slamming the cage with your head in an accident (although you should be wearing a helmet at all times with a cage).
Appreciate the advice. One last question, having a challenging time finding seat belt buckles that can go through the seat belt buckle hole of the fixed bucket seat.

I was thinking of using rear s14 seat belt buckles for the front but haven’t checked if they will work..
Old 05-04-2018, 05:58 PM   #24
cerealwars
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
cerealwars is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The s14 female buckles won't bolt to the seat? They seem to be a pretty adaptable size. Another option might be to try the junkyard for another Nissan buckle that bolts on...
Old 05-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #25
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealwars View Post
The s14 female buckles won't bolt to the seat? They seem to be a pretty adaptable size. Another option might be to try the junkyard for another Nissan buckle that bolts on...
No I actually don’t have the option to bolt buckle to seat.im running recaro side mounts
Old 05-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #26
apex128
Zilvia Member

apex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enough
I am about to order seats and want to make sure they will work with stock belts. Could anyone tell me which rail / seat belt extensions I would need to run the stock lap belt the proper way through the seat on both sides? The image explains what I'm talking about.
apex128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:04 PM   #27
alwaysnboost
Zilvia Member

same questions I have.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:48 PM   #28
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
That does't look the least bit comfortable.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #29
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Get the Street Faction seat rails. I'm running them in my s14. They sit nice and low, and there is a weld nut for installing stock female seatbelt buckle. This will work best w s14 seatbelts
https://streetfaction.net/collections/seat-brackets
Old 05-09-2018, 08:20 AM   #30
apex128
Zilvia Member

apex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
Get the Street Faction seat rails. I'm running them in my s14. They sit nice and low, and there is a weld nut for installing stock female seatbelt buckle. This will work best w s14 seatbelts
https://streetfaction.net/collections/seat-brackets
I was about to order these, but was trying to make sure that they would work the Corbeau FX1 Pro. I think I will order them and just hope for the best. I don't see how the FX1 Pro could be more than 419mm wide at the base (street faction's spec). Does anyone know for sure though?
apex128 is offline   Reply With Quote