Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-26-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cosmis wheels, thoughts?

Yes the long going, colorful debate. Whether it be their creativity, legitimacy, quality, cost, audience, or whatever else you find that defines a good wheel, what're your overall thoughts on Cosmis wheels?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #2
Perfect Balance
Zilvia Junkie

Perfect Balance is an unknown quantity at this point
Basic, XXR type wheels for Enkei and Work wheel prices. They don't have the history and pedigree to charge that kind of price. But people buy them, and like every wheel, they do the job. Also they look bad.
Perfect Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:38 PM   #3
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
In for comments about the quality.

Last edited by DriftingBrandon; 02-26-2018 at 10:15 PM..
DriftingBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I havent seen a design by them that I really like. I dont mind some cars I see rocking them but im not as attached to cosmis as I am other brands.

we need to see more weds.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #5
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
the cars they’re on look like shit 100% of the time.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:23 PM   #6
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I like a couple of designs, but as others said, they are meh. I've had a couple sets, all I can say is they are indeed round.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:45 AM   #7
CamberWear
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CamberWear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
They strike me as wheels you buy brand new if you don't have a grasp on the used wheel market, which would seem rather hard to ignore if you call yourself an enthusiast. It's fair to assume the people that rock them aren't intrigued by old Japanese wheels that are proven light, durable, and cool
Old 02-27-2018, 06:30 AM   #8
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The MR7s are going to be the MB battle look a like replacement I think for basic 240 peeps. But most of their sizing sucks and I've seen quite a bit have clearance issues on z32 and larger brakes
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:53 AM   #9
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
I still cannot graps why knockoff wheels are commanding prices similar set of used forged wheels or yet just overall better quality and lighter wheels.

Someone posted a set of Cosmis stating they go for $1400 BNIB on one of the FB groups.......I can get a set of RPF1s with tires, in better offset, lower weight and with tires for that price.

Fucking ludicrous!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:57 AM   #10
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzsteveo View Post
The MR7s are going to be the MB battle look a like replacement I think for basic 240 peeps.
Maybe, but I doubt it. That wheel looks like dookie compared to Battles while also costing like $100 more.

Like most other ppl here, I don't really have a problem with them but their designs are just missing something. There's no flair. They're basic AF. And they can't afford to be basic AF for what they're charging.

Christ, I wish the FN01RC would come back.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:11 AM   #11
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Best summed up as rep wheel looks/design for real wheel prices. It seems they just literally add another spoke to a pretty common wheel and make it more concave or convex

Look at the MR2 and S5R looks like a deformed Model 5 and 3 times the price. You can find avs model 5 all day between 400-900. MR7 is just a work xt7/T7R the rest of there high spoke wheels are just more "aggressive" emotions with more spokes and there 5 spoke wheels are GNOSIS reps.

Another thing is they have terrible sizing along with color. They have loads of 5x100 options in specific size/color and I havent seen any euro car rock these lol more of drifters or someone to spend there tax return quick but wants to go "HURRR HUR I HAVE REAL WHEELS AND NOT REPS"

We been throwing companies like this for years when in fact if you look around you can find proper wheels used market fairly pricey out three piece or not and will always look better than most newer companies mid priced wheels.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:39 AM   #12
humancola
Leaky Injector

humancola is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO they are like Motegi or Koenig, or most Enkei (Tuning or Performance series) wheels. Tire shop standard, but in wide sizes with crap offsets.

90% Form, 10% function.

They dont make a hardcore forged track wheel, but they make a fair daily wheel. Fitment wise they suck for 25+ year old Nissans, but fit pretty well on newer stuff, my wife has a set of 18x9.5 Cosmis R1's for her '14 WRX, fit well, look good.

I have 17x9.5 RPF1's on my S13, lightweight 'real' wheels, but she dailys her car, mine sees the track more often. She has also already killed a set of Enkei EV05's with the roads around here.
humancola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:46 AM   #13
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I think you meant 10% Form, 90% Function.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #14
humancola
Leaky Injector

^ Would have to be lighter than that.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:28 AM   #15
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I mean, the wheels ARE 100% functional as wheels. Form however..
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #16
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberWear View Post
They strike me as wheels you buy brand new if you don't have a grasp on the used wheel market, which would seem rather hard to ignore if you call yourself an enthusiast. It's fair to assume the people that rock them aren't intrigued by old Japanese wheels that are proven light, durable, and cool
especially this cause of yahoo auctions japan.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:13 PM   #17
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Someone posted a set of Cosmis stating they go for $1400 BNIB on one of the FB groups.......
Fucking ludicrous!
A set brand new shipped was just over 1k$ for 18x9.5 +10
Old 02-27-2018, 04:15 PM   #18
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
I asked why cosmis seems to get a free pass in the wheel world in the small questions thread a couple of months ago and I never got a reply. I thought I read somewhere the company was started by a drifter/driver but I haven't seen any info online to confirm that. I thought that had something to do with it, but who knows.

glad to see someone made a thread about it cause I still have no idea why these cheap wheels are like 200-300 dollars cheaper then a set of NEW legit gram lights... the majority of their concave wheels look like they are trying way too hard (perfect for cats who 'do it for the gram').
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:19 PM   #19
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I don't see the allure.

Cosmis wheels are a maybe 2-300 dollars cheaper per set than a set of cast Work Kiwami.

That being said, at least their designs are SOMEWHAT original?

Also like others were saying, their offsets suck. They're either super extreme or super conservative. There is no in between.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:41 PM   #20
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Round wheels usually roll. So if that makes them good then i guess go for it.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #21
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
A set brand new shipped was just over 1k$ for 18x9.5 +10
It cost $60 more to get a set of three piece wedz Cerberus from VR wheels than a set cosmis wheels. I know what I'd go for.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:32 PM   #22
humancola
Leaky Injector

True, but old school chromy bois don't look as good on modern cars.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:11 PM   #23
EnergeticPhenom
Zilvia Member

EnergeticPhenom is making a name for him/her selfEnergeticPhenom is making a name for him/her self
I have a pair of Cosmis xt006r in white for my rears. Never thought of buying brand new at 'retail' from any site. I seen a local guy post them for sale at about 150-$200 cheaper. I snagged them up since it matched my other white pair, minus the cosmis being concave and gram lights being convex. Regardless, I needed a pair of shoes but also needed better parts for two builds, so I sacrificed for the short term.

18x9.5 felt like the same weight as my gram lights. Cosmis feel durable, and paint is actually better than my gram lights. Didn't take much to scar paint off on gramlights.
EnergeticPhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:14 PM   #24
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnergeticPhenom View Post
I have a pair of Cosmis xt006r in white for my rears. Never thought of buying brand new at 'retail' from any site. I seen a local guy post them for sale at about 150-$200 cheaper. I snagged them up since it matched my other white pair, minus the cosmis being concave and gram lights being convex. Regardless, I needed a pair of shoes but also needed better parts for two builds, so I sacrificed for the short term.

18x9.5 felt like the same weight as my gram lights. Cosmis feel durable, and paint is actually better than my gram lights. Didn't take much to scar paint off on gramlights.
Nice to hear from someone who owns a pair

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:30 AM   #25
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I have a set of Cosmis which I will use for various track/drift events. These are the only cheap set of wheels I have ever purchased. I have had my hands on plenty of knock off wheels from fellow enthusiasts which speak for themselves. However, I do not believe Cosmis to be on the same level as Drag, XXR, Driftz and other like wheels, nor are they on the level of a forged wheel from your traditional Work, SSR, Volk and Advan. I honestly consider them the middle ground as they have their own design, decent coatings and fairly lightweight for the size. Full Disclosure, I got mine new on a Group Buy where I paid $125/Wheel for 18x9.5. If any of you can locate used forged wheels (not beat up Enkei's) for similar size and price, I will PayPal you a finders fee.

I should note I have brand new custom order 3 piece Work VSXX for street wheels.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:18 AM   #26
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
the cars they’re on look like shit 100% of the time.
This, and thats all that matters.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #27
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
If any of you can locate used forged wheels (not beat up Enkei's) for similar size and price, I will PayPal you a finders fee.
Are Cosmis forged?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:32 AM   #28
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
they are not (if they were, you bet your ass they would be broadcasting that all over their site), they do offer one flow formed wheel though. for comparison, the 'cheap' gram lights are flow formed (better/stronger way to do cast wheels).

edit:
while talking about forging, I started wondering about the forged wheel XXR came out with a couple of years ago (527 F). I really wonder how that stands up to the Japanese forged wheels.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:44 AM   #29
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Reiterating what other's have already said-

Trash designs, trash offset options, and ridiculous price point given the market and availability of superior wheels at equivalent prices.

Three strikes and they are out for me...
Old 02-28-2018, 10:59 AM   #30
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftingBrandon View Post
It cost $60 more to get a set of three piece wedz Cerberus from VR wheels than a set cosmis wheels. I know what I'd go for.
cerberus’ are so hideous it’s a toss up tbh. would hate on them the same amount