Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 02-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
Driven08
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (354)
Driven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfectionDriven08 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 354 reviews
Talking Planning a trip to Japan

Well first id like to start of by saying that me and a friend would like to go visit Japan this upcoming summer. We are already saving some money for the trip but we are most concerned on where to stay at. I would appreciate any advice on the cities we should visit on our trip. We would like to go pick up some cheap car parts as well as hit the clubs at night.

It would be cool if we can find someone on this forum that would allow us to stay over their house as it will help keep costs down but any form of help would be great. My friend has been learning Japanese and I hope to get by with what he has so far, lol.
Driven08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 03:54 AM   #2
180 drifter
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
180 drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you should go to Roppongi of course, maybe osaka and sendai would be good to visit. will probably be cheaper to stay at a hostel or outside of big cities. also check out this website. he offers a car with diff and a set of tires for drifting at ebisu for $500. kinda pricey but if you have no other way and want to get into a car and drift in japan, this is good.

Ebisu Drift Tours & Car Rentals | Drift Life : Ebisu Circuit : powervehicles.com

hope this helps a little
180 drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
don't come to Misawa, that is all.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:11 AM   #4
180 drifter
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
180 drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
haha yeah pretty much.
180 drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
NERV

Trader Rating: (0)
NERV is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I stayed at the Ikebukuro hostel on one of my trips. Cheap and awesome service. Close to Shibuya for clubbin' too. Tokyo hostel, hostels | New Year's Special Sale! We have special deal: Metro ticket free!! Sakura Hostel Asakusa, Japan | Online booking
NERV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
powahousealex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
powahousealex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to powahousealex
how is the club scene out there ?Roppongi? i suppose
powahousealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
There are many cool things to see in Japan, if I was visiting...clubbing would be the LAST thing on my mind.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtuned_andy View Post
if I was visiting...clubbing would be the LAST thing on my mind.
Yess. But then again if you get bored at night with nothing to do then hit the club, otherwise, there are many things to do during the day.

It will be difficult to cut your budget down if you're not so fluent with Japanese. Most of the time the person who you are asking for help and directions from will just point you to the nearest hotel or restaurant, and nearest doesn't necessarily mean cheapest.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:59 AM   #9
eytsics
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
eytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enougheytsics will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
you have to watch your back at roppongi...or maybe i'm just being paranoid..
eytsics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:33 AM   #10
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by eytsics View Post
you have to watch your back at roppongi...or maybe i'm just being paranoid..
What? Your scared of the swarms of Nigerians that wants you to go to their club?

Figure out where you're gonna go first. Tokyo, you can find some cheap rooms that will run you as low as $40, just dont expect much out of them other than to shower, store your luggage and enough space to lay down on a tatami mat (kiss a mattress goodbye).

I was out there for a week and I spent atleast $2k between me and the wife. Thats not including airfare, thats hotel for the 2 of us, seeing all the spots, disney sea, TAS, food and my wife shopping.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
rweezly_s13
Leaky Injector

rweezly_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
yo flip i seen your 14 in person at autohobby man and that thing is nicee!!!
just had to let you know
rweezly_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #12
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

T chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
What? Your scared of the swarms of Nigerians that wants you to go to their club?

Figure out where you're gonna go first. Tokyo, you can find some cheap rooms that will run you as low as $40, just dont expect much out of them other than to shower, store your luggage and enough space to lay down on a tatami mat (kiss a mattress goodbye).

I was out there for a week and I spent atleast $2k between me and the wife. Thats not including airfare, thats hotel for the 2 of us, seeing all the spots, disney sea, TAS, food and my wife shopping.
I don't know what your talking about $800 ish USD you can get like a monthly apartment or a guest house, sleeping on a tatami mat? No, they have things called mattresses too......

This would be in the Tokyo Metro area, not like your going to be smack dab in Shinjuku or Shibuya station, but the transit system is good so don't worry.
T chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:50 AM   #13
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

T chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enoughT chop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by powahousealex View Post
how is the club scene out there ?Roppongi? i suppose
Roppongi is hit or miss, everyone will say don't go to a club called "Gas panic" or "Gaspanic" but there isn't any cover, so just go there for a drink, realize why people told you not to go there and leave. It will be an experience at least. Like people said though, any club/massage parlour the Nigerian guys are trying to get you to go into, DON'T GO INTO.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
JDMFLCL
Leaky Injector

JDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to JDMFLCL
check out my old thread on this. I had a blast and spent only 700 dollars in 2 weeks not counting airfare.
JDMFLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 AM   #15
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
What the hell are nigerians doing in Japan anyways?
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:41 AM   #16
JDMpurest
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
JDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-knownJDMpurest is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The majority of roppongi's clubs are frequented and owned by 3rd country nationals like Nigerians, as well as Russians and other eastern blocks, Thailand, korea, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge Noob S13 View Post
Old 04-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #17
yingiang
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
yingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her selfyingiang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180 drifter View Post
you should go to Roppongi of course, maybe osaka and sendai would be good to visit. will probably be cheaper to stay at a hostel or outside of big cities. also check out this website. he offers a car with diff and a set of tires for drifting at ebisu for $500. kinda pricey but if you have no other way and want to get into a car and drift in japan, this is good.

Ebisu Drift Tours & Car Rentals | Drift Life : Ebisu Circuit : powervehicles.com

hope this helps a little
this is awesome to do if i ever goto japan. dont they have something like this in california?
yingiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #18
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
In for info. Going early next year.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
JDMFLCL
Leaky Injector

JDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the roughJDMFLCL is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to JDMFLCL
Here was my itinerary (2 weeks) Total cost not including JDM parts I bought....1200 not including ticket (I was coming back from china on a work visit). The 1200 included my "All Japan" JR railpass. Only stayed @ hostels and ryokans! This was during late july/august last year. They have a great website in english to figure out how to use the railpass to get between places.

Day 1
Tokyo- shinjuku, etc..yamanote line stuff (stationed at a nice, clean, and central hostel in Shinjuku)
Day 2
Tokyo- more around tokyo, akihabara, odaiba to see the gundam, mitaka to see the STI museum, random places like super autobacs
Day 3
Tokyo
Tsukiji fish market, imperial stuff, roppongi.
Day 4
Yokohama (car shops, ocean front, daifuto)
Day 5
yokohama (same, random stuff) Went to Kamakura in the PM
Day 6
Hiked Mount Fuji...Met A31cefiro on here @ atsugi and did the ole' touge dance with them @ Hakone.
Day 7
Osaka
Day 7
Osaka, then ended up in Kyoto
Day 8-9
Kyoto...end of day 9 I went to takasaki (gunma)
Day 10
Went with my friend to all of the Initial D touges...stayed at a ryokan in ikaho (lake "akina" (Haruna) for you fanboys)
Day 11
Went to Nikko, saw the sites, went up and down irohazaka with a different friend, nikko circuit, ended the day in Tokyo
Day 12
Went to tsukuba/random upgarages, yashio factory
Day 13
went to Chiba, bought stuff at upgarage and just walked around and chilled then ended up @ narita.
Day 14
Had a late PM flight. Saw RE-amemiya which is right next to the airport then flew back to the US

I can give you info on the hostels and places I stayed...VERY cheap. I HIGHLY recommend planning your weekend to hit up any of the "events" on the weekends. You will not look at our slipshod stuff back here the same.
JDMFLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #20
T chop
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Running massage parlours, "hostess" clubs, strip clubs and sleazy night clubs. They only really try and get foreigners/tourists inside though.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #21
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
wtf are mexicans doing in the US

making a living dickhead

My boss an african. PEople make a living here just like peopel that migrate from other coutries to the US to make a living
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #22
EliteJDM
Zilvia Member

EliteJDM is an unknown quantity at this point
roppongi is basically mostly gaijins (foreigners)... even if u like thew club scene, I wouldnt waste time there. Real deal clubs are in Tokyo... I am not even a clubber, but i enjoyed club ageHa in Tokyo.

When do you plan on going? I will be going back in August
EliteJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #23
A31CEFIRO
Zilvia Member

A31CEFIRO is an unknown quantity at this point
if you actually make it here to japan maybe i will take you on a touge run. Or if there is a track day you can ride along. I took JDMFLCL to Hakone last year.

team SHAKE IT!!
A31CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #24
EliteJDM
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A31CEFIRO View Post
if you actually make it here to japan maybe i will take you on a touge run. Or if there is a track day you can ride along. I took JDMFLCL to Hakone last year.

i should be back there in August for Summer Matsuri .... maybe i can roll a weekend with you! where u at in JP?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #25
A31CEFIRO
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteJDM View Post
i should be back there in August for Summer Matsuri .... maybe i can roll a weekend with you! where u at in JP?
Atsugi. But im getting out of the Navy soon then im coming back in middle August.

team SHAKE IT!!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #26
EliteJDM
Zilvia Member

back to where?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #27
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I never really stayed at the mainland but I've been to Okinawa staying w/ family and I LOVED it over there, the car scene is pretty cool too since they get all the 90's cars hand me downs from Japan lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #28
A31CEFIRO
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteJDM View Post
back to where?
Atsugi but i will be a civilian then!

team SHAKE IT!!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:27 AM   #29
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
wtf are mexicans doing in the US

making a living dickhead

My boss an african. PEople make a living here just like peopel that migrate from other coutries to the US to make a living
Well considering the geography of Mexico and the US it is obvious how Mexicans got there. I was asking because I found it strange that people from some African country thousands of miles away end up in Japan. I apologize if I came off too blunt and/or if I struck a racist boundry.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #30
Car6on14

Trader Rating: (2)
Car6on14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
JDMFLCL, that looks like a good itinerary. I went for just over a week last year but didnt get to do as much car stuff, my friend I traveled with isn't really into it. We checked out the fish market, roppongi, akihabara, and imperial stuff too. We stayed in shinjuju and osaka and took trains to kyoto, hiroshima, mt fuji.

Touge Noob S13 I wouldnt worry about it, roppongi was fun to check out, we saw some pretty hot cars on the street there, but the nigerians on the street that I encountered def make their living by being dickheads... I was not there to check out their strip clubs... but they all get in front of you or follow you and try and get you to go into their places, its pretty annoying. While im sure this is not the case with your boss yokotas as it seems u have a pretty cool job... but i dont think u had to come down on him as hard as u did...

anyways, if i go back, def covering the places your itinerary has that we didnt get to, thx for posting it.

Last edited by Car6on14; 04-27-2010 at 01:03 PM..
Car6on14 is offline   Reply With Quote