Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #6691
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Does anyone know what rubber mounts TECH2 used to use on their JZ swap mounts? I pulled the engine today and noticed one has collapsed and would like to replace it but can't find any part numbers, it also looks a little different than a supra mount.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #6692
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Sky80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar9854 View Post
Anyone else having an issue with vvti 1j's not bleeding the PS what so ever?

Stock return from the rack, ptfe AN high pressure. I've idled turned the wheel back and forth probably 50+ times with the car on jack stands (idling) and barely if any bubbles are appearing. Loosened the fitting on the pump and fluid drips quickly. Set the car back on the ground and the steering is still as hard as it was without fluid.

Sure you got the fittings going to the right places?
Old 11-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #6693
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Does anyone know what rubber mounts TECH2 used to use on their JZ swap mounts? I pulled the engine today and noticed one has collapsed and would like to replace it but can't find any part numbers, it also looks a little different than a supra mount.

My friend with a rx7 has Supra mounts with his tech 2 kit. Any pics or measurement of the thickness from your other good one?
Old 12-28-2017, 07:12 AM   #6694
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
oscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Excuse my igronace never dealt with a swapped s-chassis.

In the middle of doing a 2jz on my s14, and I've also relocated the fusebox to the trunk. Now would I have trouble plugging in my specialty harness in or does not use any of the plugs on the fusebox itself? thanks guys.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #6695
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If anyone here is going 2jz I have a complete Collins adapter setup with everything for sale bnib. Everything you need minus the CD. If anyone is interested pm me.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:04 PM   #6696
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarsx View Post
Excuse my igronace never dealt with a swapped s-chassis.

In the middle of doing a 2jz on my s14, and I've also relocated the fusebox to the trunk. Now would I have trouble plugging in my specialty harness in or does not use any of the plugs on the fusebox itself? thanks guys.
I believe there are two plugs on the lower harness that might need to be plugged in. I think its like a three wire plug and eight wire plug or something. they should be on the same sub-harness as the wiper plugs and larger black/ white plug with the lever (F4 I think).

its not a lot of wires if you need to extend them.
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:20 PM   #6697
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

oscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black240Ct View Post
I believe there are two plugs on the lower harness that might need to be plugged in. I think its like a three wire plug and eight wire plug or something. they should be on the same sub-harness as the wiper plugs and larger black/ white plug with the lever (F4 I think).

its not a lot of wires if you need to extend them.

That's perfect, thanks alot man!

Ig: @ozckouki
Old 02-04-2018, 01:29 PM   #6698
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ghost town in here. Just bought an S360 and a maverick adapter kit. Where’s everyone at?!
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #6699
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Figuring out how to pay for everything haha.

I'm about done(1j), cranks but no start, bad igniter and ecu.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:31 PM   #6700
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Ah that really sucks man. Hope it’s all good when you replace those parts
Old 02-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #6701
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
Ghost town in here. Just bought an S360 and a maverick adapter kit. Where’s everyone at?!

Sold it all
Old 02-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #6702
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Post up how you like that S360. Are you 1J or 2J?

Local guy runs that turbo on a 1J and said its great.

I just picked up a cx racing manifold for cheap....might be going top mount soon myself. Also finally got an external oil cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
I'm about done(1j), cranks but no start, bad igniter and ecu.
Have you tested your crank position sensor? ECU have power?
Old 02-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #6703
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddock View Post

I just picked up a cx racing manifold for cheap....might be going top mount soon myself. Also finally got an external oil cooler.

lol.

Ecu has power, fuel pump turns on, coils have power, injectors have power, crank, both cams, oil pressure, coolant temp, map and tps all checked out.

I hooked up my avcr to the ecu, so I was able to read the tps signal, so ecu had power, but no cel light, couldnt even get the light to turn on with a probe on w. Ecu had bad capacitors.

Igniter litterally fell apart.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #6704
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddock View Post

For sure man. It’s for my gf’s 2j vvti. My 1j vvti is all stock
Old 02-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #6705
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
anyone have experience with ungraded injectors on a 1JZ vvti.

I ordered some ID 1050's (11mm for a 2jz)

and wondering if they will drop into a stock rail. Intake manifold.
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #6706
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

https://m.facebook.com/groups/160491737938096

Just created this group on Facebook, not sure if this is allowed but figured I’d share. Feel free to join in.

“240sx S Chassis 2JZ/1JZ Swap/For sale” group
Old 02-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #6707
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Got my stuff all sorted and running.

You guys know if the jz coolant temp is acurate on the stock cluster? In this case, 1jz->s13 coolant temp.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #6708
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I mean, even KA and SR sensors are different. Best bet would be replacing the temp sensor with whatever sensor matches your gauge cluster.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #6709
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I mean, even KA and SR sensors are different. Best bet would be replacing the temp sensor with whatever sensor matches your gauge cluster.
Ok that works. I was just asking because I have the 1j one hooked up and it works, just didn't know if it was acurate.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:30 AM   #6710
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
My 1JZ coolant temp sensor works on my stock S13 cluster. I also have an aftermarket temp gauge so I can monitor "actual" temps. The cluster temp needle seems to hop from one bar to the next at approximately the same "actual" temps as it did with my old SR setup.

Thus, I'd assume that the 1J CTS is pretty damn close to being scaled like an SR CTS.

At any rate, it's probably best to run an aftermarket 100F-250F gauge regardless.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:10 PM   #6711
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
My 1JZ coolant temp sensor works on my stock S13 cluster. I also have an aftermarket temp gauge so I can monitor "actual" temps. The cluster temp needle seems to hop from one bar to the next at approximately the same "actual" temps as it did with my old SR setup.

Thus, I'd assume that the 1J CTS is pretty damn close to being scaled like an SR CTS.

At any rate, it's probably best to run an aftermarket 100F-250F gauge regardless.
Im waiting for my gauges to show up :/

I just want to get it to running temp to check thermo opens, fans come on etc. Just dont want to overheat.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #6712
HypnoFish
Zilvia Member

HypnoFish is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldnt trust the stock gauge. I used mine for along time and overheated once. luckily i had my laptop with me to view temps. The stock gauge was reading normal while my temps hit 270.
HypnoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:00 AM   #6713
hoOzier

Trader Rating: (0)
hoOzier is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey,
I am doing a similiar build but I'm having trouble finding a shifter, what transmission did you use? and how did you get the shifter to fit? I have a TR6060 similiar to a T56 and I'm not sure how to make things work
hoOzier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #6714
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoOzier View Post
Hey,
I am doing a similiar build but I'm having trouble finding a shifter, what transmission did you use? and how did you get the shifter to fit? I have a TR6060 similiar to a T56 and I'm not sure how to make things work
This is the 2jz swap thread(kinda applies to 1jz as well), so there is a ton of info in here about it.

Some used the R154, some used CD009's with a serial9 shifter, collins shifter, some other shifter that took months to get(don''t remember the name).

I think there was someone asking questions about the TR6060 on here.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:55 PM   #6715
Sky80
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoOzier View Post
Hey,

You have the tr6060 out of the Camaro then I assume? If you got one with the remote shifter, then you’ll need to fab that up and probably shorten it. If you didn’t, then you’ll need to get one and figure out the linkage.

Now, if you got a t56 magnum, then you would just simply need a ~3” shifter extension to get it dead center with the shifter hole.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:57 AM   #6716
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

For everyone who’s gone single turbo, what are you guys doing for the oil cooler coolant line? I have the NA coolant pipe but I’m not entirely sure where to route hoses.

Last edited by corkscrew; 03-07-2018 at 06:39 AM..
Old 03-04-2018, 09:37 AM   #6717
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Anyone have a reliable solution for power steering pump? My factory JZ pump leaks all over, and the aftermarket ones die too fast.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #6718
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Anyone have a reliable solution for power steering pump? My factory JZ pump leaks all over, and the aftermarket ones die too fast.
Driftmotion

https://www.driftmotion.com/Reman-7M...p-p/dm2456.htm
Old 03-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #6719
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Borg Warner S360 t4 .91

Where are you guys routing everything with the NA water pipe?
Old 03-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #6720
240sxrb30
Leaky Injector

240sxrb30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone figured out how to plumb the a/c?
240sxrb30 is offline   Reply With Quote