Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-14-2008, 12:51 AM   #1
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
^^ I can't wait to see when you finish.

Hey can anyone say anything about Bazooka and or Blaupunkt GTt-1200 subs?? I'm trying to upgrade my small sub thingy to come with a bit more power but not add huge weight.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2008, 01:13 AM   #2
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChow View Post
^^ I can't wait to see when you finish.

Hey can anyone say anything about Bazooka and or Blaupunkt GTt-1200 subs?? I'm trying to upgrade my small sub thingy to come with a bit more power but not add huge weight.
I've tuned a setup with two Bazooka 8's and they didn't play that low (8's WILL play low if you put them in the right box), but sounded clean, and were not that heavy. They hit pretty well, but if you're throwing in two of them, you might as well use a single 10 and a 4 or 5 channel amp (depending on if you run rears or not, I don't).

My entire trunk setup (subwoofer, box, and the only amp) weighs less than 50lbs - making the box out of 1/2" birch and treating it with fiberglass resin makes a box that's just as strong as 3/4" MDF at half the weight! And that's a 2ft box!

If anyone wants me to make them custom sub boxes, tell me what kind of sub you want/have and I'll look up the specs, design the box and 3/d model it to see where you want it to go... like this:

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:18 AM   #3
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I've tuned a setup with two Bazooka 8's and they didn't play that low (8's WILL play low if you put them in the right box), but sounded clean, and were not that heavy. They hit pretty well, but if you're throwing in two of them, you might as well use a single 10 and a 4 or 5 channel amp (depending on if you run rears or not, I don't).

My entire trunk setup (subwoofer, box, and the only amp) weighs less than 50lbs - making the box out of 1/2" birch and treating it with fiberglass resin makes a box that's just as strong as 3/4" MDF at half the weight! And that's a 2ft box!

If anyone wants me to make them custom sub boxes, tell me what kind of sub you want/have and I'll look up the specs, design the box and 3/d model it to see where you want it to go... like this:
I mean the enclosed one.

Here's what I'm researching for enclosed subs.
Crutchfield.com - Compare
Then there's these for normal subs.

I love to hear what you think. I listen to everything. Mainly Rock, Hip-hop and then techno and rave stuff (gf is a rave girl). So it's hard to hear everything I want thought the sub I have. This is the sub I have atm. Kenwood KSC-SW10.It's works for adding bass to the music. But doesn't give the "thump" we want.
My good bud has 2 12" kicker comp in his car and we love that how it hits. But I don't need to be that close.

Anyways what are your thoughts about that? I would love you to model a box for me if I when that route. Thanks.
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:48 AM   #4
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChow View Post
I mean the enclosed one.

Here's what I'm researching for enclosed subs.
Then there's these for normal subs.

Anyways what are your thoughts about that? I would love you to model a box for me if I when that route. Thanks.
I know, I was talking about the enclosed 8 With how amazingly cheap used car audio stuff is, I don't see a reason to go with those, besides installation convenience. Are you running a stock head unit? 'Cause going to a pre-amp line-level output from a high-level speaker output makes a big difference in clarity also.

I build all my systems for SQ - that's why I'm running a lightweight, paper cone, reference-quality woofer instead of a 100lb boomer that takes a million watts to run.

If you want to PM me your current system, what your budget is, and how you want it to look, I can see what I can come up with.

That stands for anybody, but don't come at me with the typical Zilvia "I have no stereo and a $54 budget and want what you have" stuff.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 12-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
pm sent.
let me know what you can do.

cxlo8331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #6
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
i know that this is gonna sound wack, seeing with what money i have after christmas, im going to be getting a 10" W7 for my truck. but im not trying to spend to much on the amp. was looking around abit and im not sure whos reputable in amps but i found the Alpine MRP-M500, MA Audio M1900XE, Orion Cobalt CO800.1, Polk/MOMO C500.1. they're all 500watts and $200, thats around what im looking to spend. i will be building a box and my truck is already wired. so those who know anything help out?
DO NOT cheap out on an amp for a W7. They are hugely inefficient, and take tons of power to make good sound - that's how all the "supersubs" are. Lots of people give single W7's 1000w.

Look on CarAudioForums for a used amp that's somewhere around 800w - that way, you won't kill your amp trying to drive your 70lb 10" sub, and will spend less cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly_13 View Post
Kenwood headunit with USB connector
2 Blown Sony explode in the rear with black tape on the plastic thing lol
2 10" Rockford Puch Subs
Rockford Punch 4 channel amps
Rockford Punch 1/2 Farad Capacitor
est. total was around 1400 all from bestbuy....
DO NOT buy a system from Best Buy, especially if you're going to spend that kind of cash. You're in LA, you should come listen to my system and see what you think, I can definitely build you something better for less money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxlo8331 View Post
pm sent.
let me know what you can do.
Don't have a PM yet...

Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Quote:
DO NOT cheap out on an amp for a W7. They are hugely inefficient, and take tons of power to make good sound - that's how all the "supersubs" are. Lots of people give single W7's 1000w.

Look on CarAudioForums for a used amp that's somewhere around 800w - that way, you won't kill your amp trying to drive your 70lb 10" sub, and will spend less cash.
any "preference " on a brand? acutally found some 800watt amps on ebay for around what im looking to spend. i just dont want anything bunk. or should i look for a 1000 watt amp and run it at 800 so i dont max it out.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #8
silly_13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enoughsilly_13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
DO NOT buy a system from Best Buy, especially if you're going to spend that kind of cash. You're in LA, you should come listen to my system and see what you think, I can definitely build you something better for less money.
yea i know dude my dad put the system before he gave me the car....i know they rape u with the installation price and all that bs......im sure ur stuff is good when i get another car i'll get my system from u most def........ just with the diagrams that u posted looks good for sure dude
silly_13 is offline   Reply With Quote