Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #3871
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Will do.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a patch for MR/RR handling at some point. It's a pretty glaring problem with the in-game physics.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #3872
sw20g
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
sw20g is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
But I have been going crazy taking wings off of cars though... lol... Most look much better/cleaner de-winged & with +2 sized wheels. But the MKIV Supra's wing can't be removed... What kinda crap is that?!
Haha you can remove the jza80 sz-r, but none of the other submodels from what I've experienced. Makes no sense!

Can't wait to get home from work and tune my TOM'S Chaser now!
sw20g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #3873
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
I want some IDx for Vision GT.
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:37 AM   #3874
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Anyone else feel like the D1 NR34 is impossible to drift in this game? I've tried so much different setups and the thing is still insanely stiff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #3875
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20g View Post
I'm praying for an MR/RR fix in a later patch myself, but until then that seems to be the only way to drive alot of them, atleast the ones that I've messed around with anyway.
Was finally able to get my MR2 driveable, but I had to crank the TCS up to like 7 or something.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #3876
sw20g
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Was finally able to get my MR2 driveable, but I had to crank the TCS up to like 7 or something.
Wow, how much power is yours making?

Also accidentally put my old psn haha.

PSN: Rpatton_
Old 01-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #3877
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Can't remember the HP right now, but I know it's only like 470pp. I mean, it's got an oil change, racing exhaust, downpipe & a tune. That's it. There is no reason it should be that uncontrollable on racing tires that it needs that high of a TCS setting. It's really pissing me off.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #3878
Forte EXE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Forte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-knownForte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-knownForte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-knownForte EXE is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I absolutely love this game. When I build my cars, I always try to make it as realistic as possible. I built an "MCR" R35. Used the spring rates they offer from their coils, turbo upgrade, slight engine upgrade and just Sport Soft tires at the most to simulate the tires being used. I think I ran a 57.00 sec on Tsukuba the other night.

PSN: GONERASM

I turn off all aids and keep my ABS at 1. For the MR cars, I usually set the rear dampening a bit softer to counteract the oversteer.

I also have a Chaser with just coils, LSD and comfort hard tires. This thing is fun flooring it around Tsukuba and Autumn Ring and just tossing it around everywhere.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #3879
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Hmmm... I'll try that when I get home.

Plus, has anyone else noticed how fast FF's like the Spoon Civic Type R are in this game? They are constantly handing me my ass as 450pp... I don't know if the cars are just fast or if the users are on steering wheels versus my DS3...

Edit: OMG thanks for the tip. My mr2 is driveable now, even on shitty sports hard tires. My rear spring rates were way too stiff. It's like the polar opposite of gt5 tuning...

Last edited by simmode1; 01-28-2014 at 10:24 PM..
Old 01-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #3880
JadedNazgul
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
JadedNazgul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Have you guys tried any of the tunes from GTplanet? They're really helpful, especially with cars like the BTR and Diablo GT2.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:34 AM   #3881
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedNazgul View Post
Have you guys tried any of the tunes from GTplanet? They're really helpful, especially with cars like the BTR and Diablo GT2.
Noted.

msglth
Old 01-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #3882
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I have not, but I never liked the GT Planet tunes I got for GT3, 4 or 5... If I get really bored, I'll have a look.

I'm really annoyed that this big ass 30 minute update we just got did not include the IDX concept twins...
Old 01-30-2014, 09:26 AM   #3883
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
I'm really annoyed that this big ass 30 minute update we just got did not include the IDX concept twins...
Yeah I was waiting for that too.

Since Kaz cherishes Nissan, I'm sure it'll be sooner than later.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #3884
Daisaike

Daisaike is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone up for a race? came to post a car up for sale for my first time and I ended up here add me! PSN: Daisaike_E!
Daisaike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #3885
sw20g
Zilvia Member

Anyone else having trouble with the gt86 seasonal event on trial mountain? I can't seem to break silver, only off of gold by a few tenths of a second too. Actually this is the first seasonal event I've had any trouble with so far on gt6, very frustrating.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #3886
simmode1
Post Whore!

Anybody still playing? I need someone to help me figure out why fuck my lap times are so damn slow! Is it just me or does it seem like between 400 to 550pp, FWD cars have become the dominant class? I swear, I bring a Silvia, Z32TT or MR2 turbo or the same PP and every obscure FWD car laps about 4 to 10 seconds faster per lap!

My racing line is good and I can't believe that EVERYONE is on steering wheels now, so it's probably gotta be my tunes. My cars have realistic setups & tons of traction. A always make good launches, but after the first corner, every damn FWD Honda, Mitsubishi, Ford, whatever commences to raping!

The sheer amount of races I've seen where FR's and MR's are finishing in the back of the pack 25 seconds behind some Type R Civic is insane. What am I missing here, guys? Are you staying competitive? Is everyone using canned tunes from GTPlanet? What gives?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:37 PM   #3887
JadedNazgul
Leaky Injector

@simmode1: which event are you talking about?
Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #3888
simmode1
Post Whore!

I'm talking about online races. Offline/Seasonal, I continue to crush like normal. But it's a totally different story online. Take yesterday for example: I'm in a 450pp RS room on Trail Mountain (which I know like the back of my hand) with my S14 Zenki.

Should have been a pretty competitive race. But I can tell it's gonna be bad before the race even starts because my perfect driving lines bang out a 1:34 lap time while the leader's EK Civic Type R laps the track in 1:24! WTF man!

Sure enough, I do have a competitive race with an FD RX7 & an Opel Speedster turbo at the back of the pack, 20 seconds behind all the FWD cars. SMH... Seems like some recent patch might have seriously skewed things in FWD favor. Either that or I've suddenly started sucking despite near constant practice.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #3889
JadedNazgul
Leaky Injector

@simmode1: It has to be the tuning, honestly though, IMO, 450pp is too low for our cars that's almost stock I believe.
That happens to me as well but It's because I don't tune, I race stock and get my ass kicked lol
Old 07-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #3890
Nismocoupe13
Leaky Injector

Nismocoupe13 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey folks i have GT6 and was wondering how the Toms Chaser was? I plan on playing the game more this weekend, just looking for some feedback.
Nismocoupe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #3891
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismocoupe13 View Post
hey folks i have GT6 and was wondering how the Toms Chaser was? I plan on playing the game more this weekend, just looking for some feedback.
Its alright. I couldn't get it to slide as well as it did on GT5 though
Old 07-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #3892
Nismocoupe13
Leaky Injector

Nismocoupe13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Its alright. I couldn't get it to slide as well as it did on GT5 though
See I could get it to slide on GT5 but it was hard to handle. My damn ACR viper handled better. lol
Nismocoupe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #3893
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismocoupe13 View Post
See I could get it to slide on GT5 but it was hard to handle. My damn ACR viper handled better. lol
Yeh the high hp cars are pretty difficult to control for drifting im GT6 imo compared to GT5. I used to do high speed reverse entries all day with the Blitz R34 on GT5, couldn't set it up at all on GT6 though. Stuck to s chassis, FC, and the brz in GT6
Old 07-11-2014, 12:29 AM   #3894
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
@simmode1: It has to be the tuning, honestly though, IMO, 450pp is too low for our cars that's almost stock I believe.
That happens to me as well but It's because I don't tune, I race stock and get my ass kicked lol
Nah man, I don't think it's the pp level. I finally broke down and tried some canned tunes. Cars instantly got faster. Also did some spec races. Both very humbling experiences. Turns out, I'm just not as good at tuning or driving as I had been in gt5.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #3895
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
So I haven't been playing for a while. Finally downloaded the update but now it shows a error after trying to auto-install it from the HD In the welcome screen.
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:04 PM   #3896
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Holy fucking shit GT Sport is out tomorrow, and I'm not that excited about it compared to previous titles.

PSN: TheMalmiss if you guys wanna try this shit out with me haha.

Also, since the PS4 dualshock controller dropped pressure-sensitivity on all their buttons except the triggers, are there aftermarket controllers that do have pressure sensitive buttons for the X and square buttons?
Old 10-16-2017, 12:14 PM   #3897
simmode1
Post Whore!

I'm not excited about Sport AT ALL. Sounds like Prologue all over again.
Last time I checked, full car list number was about 146 and it had NONE of my classic favorites.
Apparently, they're trying to move away from car collecting. I'll pass.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #3898
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Holy fucking shit GT Sport is out tomorrow, and I'm not that excited about it compared to previous titles.

PSN: TheMalmiss if you guys wanna try this shit out with me haha.

Also, since the PS4 dualshock controller dropped pressure-sensitivity on all their buttons except the triggers, are there aftermarket controllers that do have pressure sensitive buttons for the X and square buttons?
Interested. I may just pick this up. Driving sims without a wheel setup are tough for me and I don't want to drop that kind of money. I'm so cheap.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:27 PM   #3899
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Driving sims without a wheel setup are tough for me and I don't want to drop that kind of money. I'm so cheap.
Same for me, I also just don't have the room to have a proper wheel setup.

Might just resort to using the triggers as the gas/brake now to compensate.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:26 AM   #3900
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Lol, I'm spending most of my time in online lobby's dorifto'ing it up. Really missing Tsukuba at the moment.