Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #181
fueled by hate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
fueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
ap1's and lexus sc's are awesome projectors. I was about to do ap1's sc's and tsx, but I wanted bi-xenons.
fueled by hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2009, 12:59 AM   #182
dOMEmE
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
dOMEmE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i say as long as you could see the road its all good...
dOMEmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 AM   #183
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLaS13 View Post
why do your HIDs have eyebrows? lol haha
LOL those are the shield on the bulbs....this set-up is not being use anymore! im going toward the retrofitting shit!
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:54 AM   #184
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fueled by hate View Post
ap1's and lexus sc's are awesome projectors. I was about to do ap1's sc's and tsx, but I wanted bi-xenons.
I want bixenon as well, but I can't find any bixenons I like that I know I could fit in the zenki headlight without modifications to the radiator support. That's why I'm putting TSX projectors in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #185
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Infinity FX will not fit?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #186
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

anybody have extra pair of tsx projectors they can sell me for cheap?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #187
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
anybody have extra pair of tsx projectors they can sell me for cheap?
Going rate for them is $150-200 if you can find them.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #188
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
this is the biggest dork topic ever.

stop being such puss holes.

put a plug in HID kit in your stock headlights and stop being babies.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #189
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
this is the biggest dork topic ever.

stop being such puss holes.

put a plug in HID kit in your stock headlights and stop being babies.
seriously.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #190
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
lol Mike.

thanks for jumping on the ship.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #191
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
its true.... not that i agree with the rebased hid comment... but fuck, people get too damn technical with projectors or car parts in general, like "omg these s2000 projectors are AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!$?@!?$!@?$!@?"

dude, its a fucking projector.. its not holy, its just a piece of glass and a piece of metal.. many of the projectors out there function next to near identical.

its as if these kids have nothing fucking better to do than to sit out at night, line up their cars against a parking lot wall and judge their cutoff patterns...

get over it. but hey, who am i to judge. theyve dedicated entire forums to guys being light nerds nowadays. not like this thread on zilvia makes much of a difference
Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 PM   #192
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
get over it. but hey, who am i to judge. theyve dedicated entire forums to guys being light nerds nowadays. not like this thread on zilvia makes much of a difference
I'm a pseudo-lightnerd...

lol.

Projectors fascinate me.

Quote:
Quote:
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:30 AM   #193
fueled by hate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
fueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her selffueled by hate is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^yea, ever pick up a book on optics? Shit isn't just metal and glass. A lot of R&D goes into a well designed projector.
fueled by hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #194
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueled by hate View Post
^yea, ever pick up a book on optics? Shit isn't just metal and glass. A lot of R&D goes into a well designed projector.
I'm pretty sure he understands that... he's just being a dick lol.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #195
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Mike,

If I install TSX projectors into my factory Zenki housings, will leaving the fluting in the lenses/covers, distort the lighting? Is it better to get the clear lenses? Am I going to cause more glare to on coming traffic by doing this? I'll be retrofitting into USDM headlights and wanted to know before I went ahead and spent the money to get the clear lenses. I'm sure that the clear lense will help with the clarity of the cutoff, but I'm not a huge fan of them.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #196
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
its true.... not that i agree with the rebased hid comment... but fuck, people get too damn technical with projectors or car parts in general, like "omg these s2000 projectors are AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!$?@!?$!@?$!@?"

dude, its a fucking projector.. its not holy, its just a piece of glass and a piece of metal.. many of the projectors out there function next to near identical.

its as if these kids have nothing fucking better to do than to sit out at night, line up their cars against a parking lot wall and judge their cutoff patterns...

i agree but having projectors verse non is a huge deal to me. HID are worthless in regular headlights. the projector gives you the full effect plus its baller
KoukiMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #197
Kyosuke
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Kyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymoreKyosuke is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i could post my beam pattern right now and you guys wouldnt even be able to tell if i retro fitted or not !
Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #198
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
i could post my beam pattern right now and you guys wouldnt even be able to tell if i retro fitted or not !
do it! im sure im not the only one that wants to see!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #199
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Mike,

If I install TSX projectors into my factory Zenki housings, will leaving the fluting in the lenses/covers, distort the lighting? Is it better to get the clear lenses? Am I going to cause more glare to on coming traffic by doing this? I'll be retrofitting into USDM headlights and wanted to know before I went ahead and spent the money to get the clear lenses. I'm sure that the clear lense will help with the clarity of the cutoff, but I'm not a huge fan of them.
Yes, the cutoff will become distorted. Clear lenses are a must. The flutes are designed to distribute the light from the reflector. It wasn't made to have a projector behind it.

Quote:
x2

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #200
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Mike,

No one seemed to chime in with the answer I was hoping to hear:
- Get rid of the 95-96 front-end, go 97-98.

You can spend lots of time and money on mucking around with shitty aftermarket clear lensing, taking your lights apart, sealing them, re-sealing them, etc... but nothing will help. Its constant patch-fixing for something thats clearly not worth it.

Some of you may like the 95-96 styling, just like some of you like the early reflector headlights of the S13 Silvia - thats fine, like the looks. When you drive at night, dont be surprised that your light output sucks.

Theres no other way around it, period.

I say the same thing to NB Miata guys as I obviously own one of these pieces of shit myself, the 99-00 headlights are good for one thing: the trashcan. I threw my headlights away and upgraded to 01-05 front-end.

Gotta smash some eggs if you want to make an omelet.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #201
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Quote:
x3 msglength
KoukiMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #202
mxexux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
mxexux is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
OK, I've read the whole thread and not seen what I am looking for...

I have an s14 kouki and my head lights have the broken tabs so they don't sit like they should. I was thinking about buying aftermarket head lights like the ones sold on intense that are the "JDM Style" or the vertex ones. My question is: does anybody know if they have a significant cut off and pix of the cut offs would be cool. I probably will go with HID kit in the future and just wanted to know if these aftermarket headlights have a decent cut off.
mxexux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #203
mxexux
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
mxexux is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^^oh yeah I also forgot to ask if these after market lights use the same bulb as the USDM s14 kouki.
mxexux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #204
YoungGun
Post Whore!

YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
HID are worthless in regular headlights.
No, they look cool.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #205
Banegraphix
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Banegraphix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have said it before and here it is again if it doesn't help the performance of the vehicle all your doin is adding the "mad tyte JDM-ness son" might as well be driving a Honda. I do understand wanting a car that looks good but you can just get some new lenses and a set of Sylvania bulbs and not run the risk of getting a dumb ticket for modified headlights.
Banegraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #206
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banegraphix View Post
I have said it before and here it is again if it doesn't help the performance of the vehicle all your doin is adding the "mad tyte JDM-ness son" might as well be driving a Honda. I do understand wanting a car that looks good but you can just get some new lenses and a set of Sylvania bulbs and not run the risk of getting a dumb ticket for modified headlights.
Shut up and get out of this thread.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #207
ixfxi
Post Whore!

damn whats with the hostility.

hes right though, if you have 95-96 just get the german headlights and use some proper bulbs - the end.

dont expect 2000-2010 lighting when you're driving an 1995 fitted with reflector headlights. want projectors, then you gotta pay to play and go with kouki.

simple as that
Old 04-27-2009, 06:23 AM   #208
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
damn whats with the hostility.

hes right though, if you have 95-96 just get the german headlights and use some proper bulbs - the end.

dont expect 2000-2010 lighting when you're driving an 1995 fitted with reflector headlights. want projectors, then you gotta pay to play and go with kouki.

simple as that
Even the Kouki has mediocre output.

Quote:
Quote:
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #209
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_phantom_240 View Post
Even the Kouki has mediocre output.
I think he means if you want to retrofit.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #210
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

sick
TRY to beat this.

I dare you.