Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #391
Sugoi_Style
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Sugoi_Style is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's interesting. I've had a lot of govt. friends come back with R32-34s, BMW M3 GTs, as well as Elises. Perhaps their chain-of-command is tough about these importations, but I've seen this done with little to no issues. What was once a car-subculture has become a worldwide culture, so legalists have more than likely woken up and reacted to these importation moves. Maybe things have changed. I'm might be a bit out of the loop when speaking on the last couple of years. F'n FnF, they ruined it for us! lol
Old 12-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #392
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
flipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugoi_Style View Post
That's interesting. I've had a lot of govt. friends come back with R32-34s, BMW M3 GTs, as well as Elises. Perhaps their chain-of-command is tough about these importations, but I've seen this done with little to no issues. What was once a car-subculture has become a worldwide culture, so legalists have more than likely woken up and reacted to these importation moves. Maybe things have changed. I'm might be a bit out of the loop when speaking on the last couple of years. F'n FnF, they ruined it for us! lol
Ya I I don't know what the deal is. Otherwise I would've bought the r34 someone was selling to be for 3k, the 93 fd for 3k and the s15 for 5k when I just moved back 5 months ago and would've made a killing or I could've just kept all three.....
flipmike22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #393
Sugoi_Style
Zilvia Junkie

Keep all three, lol. Dream garage!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #394
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

flipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choicesflipmike22 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugoi_Style View Post
Keep all three, lol. Dream garage!
Ya tell me about it....I'd be set for life. The fd just ha a bad solenoid was pushing 400hp. The r34 had bolt ons. The s15 was pushing 450. It's so easy to get these cars overseas for the low...
Old 12-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #395
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmike22 View Post

Ya tell me about it....I'd be set for life. The fd just ha a bad solenoid was pushing 400hp. The r34 had bolt ons. The s15 was pushing 450. It's so easy to get these cars overseas for the low...
Depends on the auction grades (Or where you're buying from really). I have only really been following S15's and GTR's at Japanese auctions for a while now. I've seen a bunch of S15's sell from $5K to $30K. Just depends on what condition you're looking for. The lower priced ones looked rather terrible or were NA. Baring the Yen exchange rate demolishing my bank account, I figure it's going to be about $15K landed to get one in the condition that I'm after.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #396
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Depends on the auction grades (Or where you're buying from really). I have only really been following S15's and GTR's at Japanese auctions for a while now. I've seen a bunch of S15's sell from $5K to $30K. Just depends on what condition you're looking for. The lower priced ones looked rather terrible or were NA. Baring the Yen exchange rate demolishing my bank account, I figure it's going to be about $15K landed to get one in the condition that I'm after.
That's not actually true, it's different if your bidding. But if your actually overseas people go through cars like drift tires. They are very cheap for a very nice car. For example the blue s15 for sale now in Virginia would go around 5k. A stock clean r34 can go as low as 3k. It's a different story if your no biddig against rather than buying them directly from the owner. What gets me is how is it that I culdnt bring those 3 cars I had mentioned earlier stateside.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #397
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmike22 View Post
That's not actually true, it's different if your bidding. But if your actually overseas people go through cars like drift tires. They are very cheap for a very nice car. For example the blue s15 for sale now in Virginia would go around 5k. A stock clean r34 can go as low as 3k. It's a different story if your no biddig against rather than buying them directly from the owner. What gets me is how is it that I culdnt bring those 3 cars I had mentioned earlier stateside.
So you're telling me that cars that have already landed in North America are FAR cheaper then auction and private sale cars in Japan???

I'd LOVE to scoop up a 99 S or R spec for less then $8K. I don't know what Skyline's you're mentioning but GTR34's are like $30K all day (I don't look at GTS models). And those cheaper GTR's look ROUGH or have wayyyyy to many Km's for me to mess with...

I have a few Japanese friends who have valid drivers licenses so they will have access to bidding at the various auction houses or scoop up a private sale if the car is right on the money.

I understand that there's deals to be had. The price I had mentioned earlier was my landed cost. So, container, taxes, plates, and to make it road legal. I'm in Canada so it's a bit different for our import rules (and higher taxes yay!)...
Old 12-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #398
flipmike22
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
So you're telling me that cars that have already landed in North America are FAR cheaper then auction and private sale cars in Japan???

I'd LOVE to scoop up a 99 S or R spec for less then $8K. I don't know what Skyline's you're mentioning but GTR34's are like $30K all day (I don't look at GTS models). And those cheaper GTR's look ROUGH or have wayyyyy to many Km's for me to mess with...

I have a few Japanese friends who have valid drivers licenses so they will have access to bidding at the various auction houses or scoop up a private sale if the car is right on the money.

I understand that there's deals to be had. The price I had mentioned earlier was my landed cost. So, container, taxes, plates, and to make it road legal. I'm in Canada so it's a bit different for our import rules (and higher taxes yay!)...

Other way around my man. Cars overseas I COULD'VE but was unable to get approved to ship them over are a lot cheaper. Like I priced the fd, r34 and the s15 are all true stories. What I'm saying is why can't we ship them over if they are already here? Get my drift? Why put a law out saying we cannot bring these cars in the country yet there are more than a handful available already in the u.s. Because from my experience and observation cars overseas are insanely cheap for the price of the SAME EXACT CAR HERE which are insane!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #399
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Okay I get what you're saying but the pricing is rather wonky in Japan...

Anyways...

Old 12-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #400
Sugoi_Style
Zilvia Junkie

"I have a few Japanese friends who have valid drivers licenses so they will have access to bidding at the various auction houses or scoop up a private sale if the car is right on the money."

THIS!!! Ignore language barriers, Acquire Japanese friends

JapFest UK Show S14.5 (Porky Lemon)

D-Max Type 3 on a S14.5 in the UK (needs better wheels, moar low)

Green S14.5 (clean execution with understated aero adds to creating a subtle, but mean demeanor.)

This. Moar of this...(inspiration, but not the paint choice)

Last edited by Sugoi_Style; 12-16-2011 at 09:27 AM..
Sugoi_Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #401
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Old 12-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #402
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Old 12-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #403
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
spotted this yesterday while riding around

wing needs to be wide mounted

interior
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #404
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Old 12-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #405
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy204 View Post
spotted this yesterday while riding around
That's rather random...Thanks for the pictures!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #406
400hpGSXR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
400hpGSXR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so im about to pick up my S15 and im wondering if my 18x9.5 +35 and 18x11 +32 would fit? im pretty sure it would clear fender wise, but im not sure if its going to clear suspension. if anyone has any input please let me know. thanks.
400hpGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #407
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Old 12-31-2011, 09:44 AM   #408
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i own this for the week then its off to germany!

Old 12-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #409
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
ugh, damn nissan for not bringing the s15 to the states
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #410
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkisixx69 View Post
i own this for the week then its off to germany!

Lucky bugger!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #411
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Old 01-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #412
dagger
Zilvia Junkie

dagger is an unknown quantity at this point

dagger
dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #413
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #414
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I know this is like sacrilege to a lot of you guys. But I really am just not feeling 326 power.

Too Donk-ish for me. (and im black, lol)
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #415
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Nah no worries. It's not for everyone, you either love it or hate it.

It's all good my man!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #416
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
haraguchi kinda went crazy when he was already nuts.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #417
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
I mean i love the style and haruguchi is the shit. Dont get me wrong.

Just some of the cars look like they would be just at home in front of a white castle in indianapolis at 2am blaring gucci mayne.

Just not my thing lol, I do love white castle tho.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #418
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
I don't like it either. I dunno, seems like a lot of companies just try to go more extreme as time goes on. Veilside, Abflug, Uras, Bomex and 326............... all got worse and worse as time went on IMO.

T&E always kept it classy.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #419
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #420
hi_im_fil

hi_im_fil is an unknown quantity at this point

S14.5 Industrial by philipmchugh, on Flickr

S14.5 by philipmchugh, on Flickr

S14.5 with lights in background by philipmchugh, on Flickr

S14.5 rear by philipmchugh, on Flickr

hi_im_fil is offline   Reply With Quote