Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #20581
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
If you remove the needle rest stop, you can twist the needle off also.
Does it matter which direction you turn it?
Old 12-17-2016, 12:29 AM   #20582
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone else have any experience taking out front collars on megan coilovers for the S14? I only took out one perch in the front and brought them the lowest to the perch left on it and it bounces a lot even on softest dampening setting. I hear that people are actually getting decent ride by taking both perches out? How is that possible when I only took out one and it really is not ride able at all lol.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #20583
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompang View Post
Anyone else have any experience taking out front collars on megan coilovers for the S14? I only took out one perch in the front and brought them the lowest to the perch left on it and it bounces a lot even on softest dampening setting. I hear that people are actually getting decent ride by taking both perches out? How is that possible when I only took out one and it really is not ride able at all lol.
Can you provide a photo? I have a feeling your springs are compressed a lot but I can be wrong.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:47 PM   #20584
Jrod12
Leaky Injector

Jrod12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a quick question if anybody could help me out. I own a 1993 KA 240sx and just the other day I noticed that the heater isn’t getting as hot as it used to this problem literally started this week it still blows hot air but not as hot and if I run it too long it eventually just feels like semi cool air flowing if that makes any sense lol but also if I turn the heater on after warming up the car my temp gauge will slowly will drop to the point where its reading no temperature like if I had just turned the car on I have tried searching but nothing like this problem seems to pop up can anyone chime in on the situation
Jrod12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #20585
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Sounds like a stuck open thermostat, it's a cheap easy thing thing to try replacing at least. Good luck!
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #20586
Jrod12
Leaky Injector

Jrod12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Sounds like a stuck open thermostat, it's a cheap easy thing thing to try replacing at least. Good luck!
Replaced the sensor and the thermostat back in June do you think it could be anything else?
Jrod12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:28 AM   #20587
black'N'proud
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
black'N'proud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I want to to connect the lines that flow coolant to the iacv and throttle body on the sr20det, but one of the hard lines that circulates the coolant has been pinched off. Is there a way I can still route the lines to flow the coolant properly? Thanks in advance for the advice.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #20588
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod12 View Post
Replaced the sensor and the thermostat back in June do you think it could be anything else?
Hmm interesting, could maybe be a sticking heater control valve? Not sure where that's located or if our cars even have them, I'll look at the fsm when I get home
Old 12-19-2016, 01:21 PM   #20589
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod12 View Post
Quote:
Hmm interesting, could maybe be a sticking heater control valve? Not sure where that's located or if our cars even have them, I'll look at the fsm when I get home
When you bled your cooling system, did you turn on the heater full blast so the coolant flows through the heater core?
Old 12-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #20590
Standard
Zilvia Addict

^most vehicles heater control valves open when you start the car, so that's not really necessary. However it sure does seem like a heater core realated problem, what do I know anyway I have the lines looped on mine lol

And hey 1on1,
Saw a pic of your car, looks really good! Much better than that last kit you had I think haha
Old 12-19-2016, 02:06 PM   #20591
1on1
Post Whore!

Quote:
^most vehicles heater control valves open when you start the car, so that's not really necessary. However it sure does seem like a heater core realated problem, what do I know anyway I have the lines looped on mine lol

And hey 1on1,
Saw a pic of your car, looks really good! Much better than that last kit you had I think haha
Thanks man!

The only reason why I say to blast the heater because I did that last time, forgot to turn on the heater, and my heater didn't get hot after 20-mins of driving. Then when I bled my system again, the heater worked within 5-mins.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #20592
Standard
Zilvia Addict

^thats interesting, he should try that for sure!
I just looked at my fsm and there is no mention of heater control valve, good luck Jrod12, let us know what happens
Old 12-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #20593
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Some cars like s13's I believe have a cable actuated heater valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #20594
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
I know there's adaptor plates to fit T25 inlet and outlet onto a T28 but does the opposit exist? It seems like my S14 SR20 is fitted with a T25 style HKS 2530 turbo. The pipes have been hacked and extended and I guess it works, I was just wondering if there was something more elegent.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #20595
caspa
Leaky Injector

caspa is an unknown quantity at this point
When you're installing a new chain kit on a ka24de is it recommended to swap the Cam Gears + Crank Gear?
caspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:35 AM   #20596
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspa View Post
When you're installing a new chain kit on a ka24de is it recommended to swap the Cam Gears + Crank Gear?
If your car fly's the EBay banner on the quarter panel, then NO, you don't(lots of the 240/Honda kids)
If your car flies the I Do Thongs Right banner on teh quarter panel, then you buy the kit that comes with all the timing parts and change the sprockets.
If you're new to 240 like me, and you set your timing to the wrong part of TDC, you bend valves like a BOSS and have to rebuild the head
Old 12-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #20597
1on1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspa View Post
Im going to assume you purchased this kit, or similar that doesn't have the sprockets. I didn't change out my sprockets when I swapped out my chain/guides.

http://www.frsport.com/KA24DE-DOHC-T..._p_254157.html

As for installing, there are a lot of guides out there and I recommend following the FSM. However, you can follow these guides:

Thread:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/ka24de-ti...t-t555211.html

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXMEDwEY8C4
Old 12-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #20598
1on1
Post Whore!

Anyone know where I can find replacements for these mirror adjusters?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN2ghogADQT

Or for anyone who had damaged ganador mirrors, what did you do replace the mirror?
Old 12-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #20599
caspa
Leaky Injector

caspa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
If your car fly's the EBay banner on the quarter panel, then NO, you don't(lots of the 240/Honda kids)
If your car flies the I Do Thongs Right banner on teh quarter panel, then you buy the kit that comes with all the timing parts and change the sprockets.
If you're new to 240 like me, and you set your timing to the wrong part of TDC, you bend valves like a BOSS and have to rebuild the head
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
Im going to assume you purchased this kit, or similar that doesn't have the sprockets. I didn't change out my sprockets when I swapped out my chain/guides.

http://www.frsport.com/KA24DE-DOHC-T..._p_254157.html

As for installing, there are a lot of guides out there and I recommend following the FSM. However, you can follow these guides:

Thread:
http://forums.nicoclub.com/ka24de-ti...t-t555211.html

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXMEDwEY8C4
This brings me to my next questions, what chain kits do you guys recommend? I heard many good things about OSK's kit.
I also heard most of nissans parts are rebranded shit.
caspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:03 AM   #20600
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
KA injector? seal? set it on fire?

One of the '95's i daily unfortunately began to misfire yesterday. Bone stock ka24de - 160k. The spark plugs and wires are a month old, so assuming that was my culprit, i pulled them to ensure they were all firing. Indeed they were. I quickly replaced the distributor cap but still; same misfire. When running, the engine had no worse response when cylinders 1's plug was removed, but begins to bog out (misfire worse) instantly if any others were pulled. Im positive the issue is cylinder one, but no clue where to begin. If anyone can give me any advice / what may be going on here, it would be greatly appreciated.
aymaeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:07 AM   #20601
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Check your injectors.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:04 AM   #20602
aymaeid
Zilvia Junkie

aymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-knownaymaeid is making his/her stupidity well-known
Forgot to mention i did. injectors are fine. when placing any other injector in cylinder 1, it remains to misfire.
aymaeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #20603
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
clean your MAF, check for vacuum leaks post MAF

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #20604
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymaeid View Post
One of the '95's i daily unfortunately began to misfire yesterday. Bone stock ka24de - 160k. The spark plugs and wires are a month old, so assuming that was my culprit, i pulled them to ensure they were all firing. Indeed they were. I quickly replaced the distributor cap but still; same misfire. When running, the engine had no worse response when cylinders 1's plug was removed, but begins to bog out (misfire worse) instantly if any others were pulled. Im positive the issue is cylinder one, but no clue where to begin. If anyone can give me any advice / what may be going on here, it would be greatly appreciated.
Do a compression test on all cylinders.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:07 PM   #20605
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Considering that my 92 240sx has an SR20 anyways. Could a service manual for an 89 240sx still apply for everything else? Or are there too many changes? A used one came up for sale.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:05 PM   #20606
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Considering that my 92 240sx has an SR20 anyways. Could a service manual for an 89 240sx still apply for everything else? Or are there too many changes? A used one came up for sale.
The only things that would be different would be engine stuff. All of the suspension, exterior, electrical, and interior things would be applicable. Nissan only changed a few cosmetic things but didn't really touch the rest of the car apart from dual cam and super hicas on a few.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:04 PM   #20607
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Can i get away with the torquing my ka24de Cam Sprocket bolts to 80-90 ft/lbs?
I believe FSM says 123-130ft/lbs but my ka24de is old as turd.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #20608
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
is there a review on the PBM seats anywhere? I searched the forum and PBM's forum and couldn't find a thing. I am on the fence about em. I have an 'ash white' interior in my altezza and am having trouble finding a seat that would match with the leather, its like a cream/bone white (I planned to sand blast the aluminum PBM inserts and paint cream/bone white to match the leather.)

Also open to other suggestions for seats that are somewhat reasonably priced. I don't have 2k to drop on seats right now.

edit: I hope this is the right place for this weird enquiry, I didn't want to make another thread.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:05 PM   #20609
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Sparco evo || youre welcome.
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 12:14 AM   #20610
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Just saw crzsteveo post in a thread that he had the pbm bucket seat, maybe try to pm him and ask?

@ Mau5trap, so just because your engine is old you don't think you should torque bolts to factory spec? Just curious, does it seem like too much? I think recommended torque will be fine