Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #8491
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Strife View Post
Goth enough for Japan.
No black hair 0/10

I'm glad this has become what we've always wanted, cute girl discussion thread.

I for one welcome being liberated from the dystopian tyranny of Mustang thread
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2016, 10:35 PM   #8492
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
she's cute for sure.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:46 PM   #8493
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Yall tripping in here.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:23 AM   #8494
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Yall tripping in here.
All the reviews I've seen for the 2 Series say it's the M3 we've been missing for the last two or 3 generations.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #8495
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
All the reviews I've seen for the 2 Series say it's the M3 we've been missing for the last two or 3 generations.

http://autoweek.com/article/drive-re...view-road-test

Quote:
On Sale: April
Base Price: $50,110 (Munich del.)
Drivetrain: 3.0-liter turbo I-6, 6-speed manual, RWD
Output: 365 hp @ 6,500 rpm, 369 lb-ft from 1,400-5,560 rpm in overboost (343 normal)
Curb Weight: 3,450 pounds
0-60 MPH: 4.2 seconds with DCT (mfg.)
Fuel Economy: n/a(EPA City/Hwy/Combined)
Pros: Wonderful to drive on a track or a twisty road
Cons: Costs twice the price of your Subaru BRZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud_Strife View Post
Kashira, I'm already in hot water. How am I going to turn slu**y goth girls into the future of FR coupe' cars?

You know you can say slutty right?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:44 AM   #8496
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^Those are M2 stats. I posted a 228i. Starts at $33k. 2.0L turbo with a 5.7 second 0-60, so about as fast as a 350z. More comparable to the FRZ but can't match the Ecoboost in terms of sheet numbers. You're paying for the premium quality here. But on paper, the 228i is nearly a stat for stat match to the e36 M3.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #8497
Cloud_Strife
Zilvia Member

Cloud_Strife is an unknown quantity at this point
As much as I am for the berz, the low-end torque numbers for a 2016 228i blow the sub out of the water. I wouldn't really say that they're comparable even factoring the power to weight ratio in..

Maybe I missed your idea in the post though .

I've always like BMWs, I think they look nice and are quite comfortable. I just could never get past the social connotation of belonging to a country club. Plus the going myth that parts are premium prices, but I've heard otherwise from euro enthusiasts.
Cloud_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #8498
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
^^^Those are M2 stats. I posted a 228i. Starts at $33k. 2.0L turbo with a 5.7 second 0-60, so about as fast as a 350z. More comparable to the FRZ but can't match the Ecoboost in terms of sheet numbers. You're paying for the premium quality here. But on paper, the 228i is nearly a stat for stat match to the e36 M3.

Oops. I saw Mel's post and just assumed he was talking about the M2.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...pe-test-review

Quote:
VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door coupe

PRICE AS TESTED: $41,375 (base price: $34,850)

ENGINE TYPE: turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 16-valve inline-4, aluminum block and head, direct fuel injection

Displacement: 122 cu in, 1997 cc
Power: 240 hp @ 6500 rpm
Torque: 255 lb-ft @ 1450 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 8-speed automatic with manual shifting mode

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase: 105.9 in
Length: 174.7 in
Width: 69.8 in Height: 55.8 in
Passenger volume: 89 cu ft
Cargo volume: 14 cu ft
Curb weight: 3460 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.0 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 13.3 sec
Zero to 120 mph: 20.5 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 6.0 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 3.2 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.8 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.7 sec @ 101 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 128 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 183 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.87 g
FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city/highway: 23/35 mpg
C/D observed: 21 mpg
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #8499
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I was talking about the M2.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #8500
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
I was talking about the M2.
I feel so conflicted about the M2. Sounds like it's a great car. It's just not as great as it could have been. I was hoping for a greater weight reduction & a detuned s55.

Anyways, I'm more excited about the 228i because it shouldn't take much time at all for that thing to become cheap as shit. Hell, e92 335is are starting to drop to $10k and lower now. Best performance bargain i can think of.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #8501
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a BMW. Will not buy.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #8502
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
^can not afford. Lol
It's a great car, and BMW has seen better days in terms of drivers cars. But that doesn't take away for the new line. The heritage, the success....and you want to act like you wouldn't own one (even if you had the money).
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #8503
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
I know i woulndt, nor an r35 gtr, even if i was a millionaire.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #8504
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
^can not afford. Lol
It's a great car, and BMW has seen better days in terms of drivers cars. But that doesn't take away for the new line. The heritage, the success....and you want to act like you wouldn't own one (even if you had the money).
I hate to even dignify a "don't have the money" comment because they're usually made by people who just got a $50k job and think they're hot shit. I do have the money, and I choose to spend it on less irresponsible purchases than a fancy car. Even if I were to buy something like that, the chances I'd buy a BMW over a something like a Corvette, Lotus, or Fiat 4c are less than zero.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:33 PM   #8505
simmode1
Post Whore!

I'm just glad that BMW is giving enthusiasts the option. Personally, I'd pick a used 1, 2, 3 or 4 series over a 4C any day merely because BMW still offers a traditional manual transmission and Fiat doesn't. Thank god Corvette is hanging in there too. Lotus is great, but never really appealed to me however.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #8506
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

This thing is pretty rad. Nice work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTy3G5NZDc
Old 03-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #8507
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Rumormill says a hard-top version of the Miata will be revealed next week at the NY auto show. Heavier and more expensive im sure.....anyone find it interesting?
Old 03-14-2016, 02:43 PM   #8508
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Rumormill says a hard-top version of the Miata will be revealed next week at the NY auto show. Heavier and more expensive im sure.....anyone find it interesting?
Nope, cause it's a stupid PFHT. If it was a one piece, fixed one then yes. I'm not sure it they make those from the factory yet or not.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #8509
CaliforniaMayhem
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaliforniaMayhem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
I'm just glad that BMW is giving enthusiasts the option. Personally, I'd pick a used 1, 2, 3 or 4 series over a 4C any day merely because BMW still offers a traditional manual transmission and Fiat doesn't.
I think BMW announced recently that all new vehicles would not be offered in Manual because the future is in automatic transmissions. Don't recall the source though and I don't know when they will implement it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
CaliforniaMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #8510
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I know it's not a Mustang and it's loathed here, but Miata might be getting a hardtop versus in NY. I've always preferred the Miata hard tops.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/11/m...hardtop-rumor/
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
There was no interest, just hate when I payed it. Lol
Old 03-14-2016, 06:51 PM   #8511
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMayhem View Post
I think BMW announced recently that all new vehicles would not be offered in Manual because the future is in automatic transmissions. Don't recall the source though and I don't know when they will implement it.

All I could find on it was this from 2012:
http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/06/21/mo...ration-bmw-m5/

Which only applies to the M5 & no other lower, so-called 'bread & butter' models. I really hope its not true, but we all know it's coming. I bet the Vette will be the last to go.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:07 PM   #8512
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaMayhem View Post

Quote:
All I could find on it was this from 2012:
http://www.bmwblog.com/2012/06/21/mo...ration-bmw-m5/

Which only applies to the M5 & no other lower, so-called 'bread & butter' models. I really hope its not true, but we all know it's coming. I bet the Vette will be the last to go.
Allow me. Just the M models they said specifically.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/06/b...capped-600-hp/

Shortly after that Porsche said they are commited to always offering a manual.

BMW is definitely commited to ditching the Ultimate Driving Machine. The fact that they X1 is their first fwd car shows they are dedicated to sales over thei image right now.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:33 AM   #8513
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
This thing is pretty rad. Nice work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTy3G5NZDc
Hahahahaha I almost bought that car before he saw it. I passed because though it ran it was kind of a basket case. It needed a lot of work. Plus it was a Brown Z . I never liked that color, of course you can tell he threw a shit ton of cash at it.

S30's have gone the through the ceiling on prices because of Jay Leno . I kinda wish he would just shut the fuck up about them. It has made everyone who owns one think they have 50k collectible even if they are even completely correct.

On the M2 front I like it, makes me want to drive me M3 over to the dealer and test drive one.
I don't care what anyone says here once you drive a E36 M3 you will not think its a country club car. You will just want to go out and shame other sports cars.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #8514
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Allow me. Just the M models they said specifically.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/06/b...capped-600-hp/

Shortly after that Porsche said they are commited to always offering a manual.

BMW is definitely commited to ditching the Ultimate Driving Machine. The fact that they X1 is their first fwd car shows they are dedicated to sales over thei image right now.
Well, well better get all the enjoyment out of BMW that we can. They're going the way of the Dodo.

I guess Porsche will be the last of the breed aside from the domestic muscle & JDM/KDM econoboxes.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:43 AM   #8515
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

The ZL1 is going to destroy the GT350. Over 100 more hp and it weighs significantly less. No wonder Ford is rushing the next gen.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/16/2...-look-3487537/
Old 03-16-2016, 09:07 AM   #8516
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
The ZL1 is going to destroy the GT350. Over 100 more hp and it weighs significantly less. No wonder Ford is rushing the next gen.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/16/2...-look-3487537/
yeah, but driving a camaro (no matter how fast) is STILL this...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #8517
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Nah uh not if you own one!!!

They lost 200lbs!

These things have a real engine with pistons man...

amazing performance in spades
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #8518
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
yeah, but driving a camaro (no matter how fast) is STILL this...

But it's still fast.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #8519
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

An opinion piece for what's it's worth (which is 0). But a decent read.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/16/s...stang-opinion/
Old 03-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #8520
Cloud_Strife
Zilvia Member

Cloud_Strife is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Hahahahaha I almost bought that car before he saw it. I passed because though it ran it was kind of a basket case. It needed a lot of work. Plus it was a Brown Z . I never liked that color, of course you can tell he threw a shit ton of cash at it.

S30's have gone the through the ceiling on prices because of Jay Leno . I kinda wish he would just shut the fuck up about them. It has made everyone who owns one think they have 50k collectible even if they are even completely correct.

On the M2 front I like it, makes me want to drive me M3 over to the dealer and test drive one.
I don't care what anyone says here once you drive a E36 M3 you will not think its a country club car. You will just want to go out and shame other sports cars.
The E36 M3 is pretty much the only one I would own. Looks, power, and affordable.

Now a new BMW; forget about it. You're paying for a name, and a name that has had a significant downgrade in quality. They still can't figure out their gearboxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
I hate to even dignify a "don't have the money" comment because they're usually made by people who just got a $50k job and think they're hot shit. I do have the money, and I choose to spend it on less irresponsible purchases than a fancy car. Even if I were to buy something like that, the chances I'd buy a BMW over a something like a Corvette, Lotus, or Fiat 4c are less than zero.
This might be my new signature text

Those late 80's Saloon 318/328/ whatever the number combination, are good cars. There is a celebrity who's building a sleeper and it seems their prices may start to rise.

But again these are older. I agree though, I don't think you have to drink an espresso with your pinky up if you have an E36
Cloud_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote