Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #1
RB33

Trader Rating: (0)
RB33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA 240 Powerless

Hey guys i got a 89 240 with a ka24de bought it like this in kinda like parts removed the battery from the trunk back to stock the motor was with out a harness so i put it on got everything set to run but when i turn the key i get clock light and fuel pump turning on but nothing els. nothing works but that all fuses are good but 75a would this stop the car from getting power the car wont even turn over but head lights work much help is needed.
RB33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
All fuses are good except the 75A fuse and you're asking whats wrong?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #3
RB33

No the question is would this 75a fuse be my issue?
Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #4
240sxDavid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
240sxDavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Pretty sure that 75 amp fuse is to your alternator is your car actually running?
240sxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #5
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
but you just said all your fuses are good.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
Old 07-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #7
RB33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Did you check the potato fuse located in the front right corner of your gas tank?
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #8
RB33

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheyi View Post
but you just said all your fuses are good.
I'll try to use better punctuation. I said ALL THE FUSES ARE GOOD BUT THE 75a.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #9
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
No man, there's clearly a relay labeled "Fuel Pump" in the engine bay. The one I'm talking about controls the standard anti theft function that all s13's had. The dead give away is that your lights work. Basically, it lets you use the lights for an SOS signal but won't let you use the starter, so it doesn't leave you completely stranded.

Anyways, it's easy enough to get to. Pull the cover off in the trunk to access the fuel pump. Remove the fuel pump assembly. Get a flashlight and to the right near the top you'll see almost like a dipstick with the label, "100Potato"(100A obviously). Pull it and the fuse is connected at the end. If it's blown just pick another one up at Oreilly's and replace it by unscrewing the two screws on both terminals.

Please let me know what you find. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2013, 02:48 AM   #10
TheRepoMan
Leaky Injector

TheRepoMan is an unknown quantity at this point
The 75amp fuse is for the alternator, which is why nothing side the car works. The car should still run without that fuse you just wont have any lights or power within the car. Since the battery was in the trunk and there was no harness then my next guess would be the grounds. Check and make sure your battery grounds are good and the rest of the harness grounds are good. I just had the same problem with my car. Cleaned up the battery ground, engine and chassis grounds and started right up.

Hope that helped brah
TheRepoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #11
RB33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRepoMan View Post
The 75amp fuse is for the alternator, which is why nothing side the car works. The car should still run without that fuse you just wont have any lights or power within the car. Since the battery was in the trunk and there was no harness then my next guess would be the grounds. Check and make sure your battery grounds are good and the rest of the harness grounds are good. I just had the same problem with my car. Cleaned up the battery ground, engine and chassis grounds and started right up.

Hope that helped brah
As far as my grounds are i have the battery to chassis to intake thats one then the one to the fire wall alt has ground. Does starter have ground? if it does im for sure missing that one.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #12
RB33

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydzfv View Post
you just said all your fuses are good.

You must be blind because i said BUT which means except the 75a
Old 07-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #13
TheRepoMan
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB33 View Post
As far as my grounds are i have the battery to chassis to intake thats one then the one to the fire wall alt has ground. Does starter have ground? if it does im for sure missing that one.
Yes the starter has a ground i think there like 3 or 4 engine grounds within the engine by make sure they are all good you also have a few other chassis grounds around the body. If you do a search there is a chart somewhere on Zilvia that has all the ground locations on it
Old 07-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #14
TheRepoMan
Leaky Injector

Also if you can test make sure there no opens to the wires and try to test your grounds on bare metal to make sure it works first before counting it out
Old 07-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #15
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:

Hope that helped brah
Quote:
Yes the starter has a ground i think there like 3 or 4 engine grounds within the engine by make sure they are all good you also have a few other chassis grounds around the body. If you do a search there is a chart somewhere on Zilvia that has all the ground locations on it
Why are you talking out of your ass? It's obvious you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

The ignition switch wire is powered by the alternator which is a solid white wire AFTER the 75A fuse. Since his shit is blown, no power is getting to the ignition switch, period.

The starter is grounded when you bolt it up to block. There is no ground wire for the starter. Only a 12V+ positive wire and a signal wire from the ignition switch when the key is turned to the START position. The negative cable coming from the battery connects to the chassis and the intake manifold. Usually its corroded on the body near the battery tray.

edit:

And yes there are a few grounds you'll want to check up on, which are all laid out in the FSM. Familiarize yourself with it if you wish to survive in owning your 240sx.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #16
TheRepoMan
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Why are you talking out of your ass? It's obvious you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

The ignition switch wire is powered by the alternator which is a solid white wire AFTER the 75A fuse. Since his shit is blown, no power is getting to the ignition switch, period.

The starter is grounded when you bolt it up to block. There is no ground wire for the starter. Only a 12V+ positive wire and a signal wire from the ignition switch when the key is turned to the START position. The negative cable coming from the battery connects to the chassis and the intake manifold. Usually its corroded on the body near the battery tray.

edit:

And yes there are a few grounds you'll want to check up on, which are all laid out in the FSM. Familiarize yourself with it if you wish to survive in owning your 240sx.
I didnt come here to argue about some bullshit so this is the one time im going to respond to you. And he asked if there was ground for the starter i said yes and you respond with where its grounded (to the block) and said that i was stupid yet you said the same thing. Secondly i dont give a fuck what you say if the alternator fuse is blown the car will still start, i know this because i started my car without one. And finally if im really talking out of my ass then why are you telling him the same thing, and thats to check his grounds. You even gave him the locations, yet still im talking out of my ass... okay thanks for attempting to be an ass,there always has to be a couple

And oh yea one more thing about the ignition switch it has its own fuse, i know this because i blew mine and the car doesnt start without it.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #17
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Had to pull out the FSM and check, the IGN switch fuse is connected before the 75A alternator fuse, so yes you're correct, the car will start. My apologies.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #18
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
To OP, this belongs in the Tech section along with all other tech related questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Remove the 75A fuse and jump it with a piece of metal. See if it starts then and recheck all your fuses in the interior. 75A fuse goes to your alternator and numerous other things it would certainly be the issue.
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #20
RB33

Ok I got power to dash lights clock works I just popped the 75a out took the cap off it little dab of solder and works (this fuse is not permanent) that problem solved. just got out of work off the next 2 days time to play with the grounds.

p.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #21
RB33

OK so its been a little while but Ive been getting the ka to turn over strong ended up swapping out the harness wasn't getting any spark. well now im getting spark fuel but still trying to get her to run she attempt to start but dies back out. So i think the next step is to check compression. Is there anything else im missing? Should i even worry about the compression at this point? I was told the three thing needed was fuel/air,spark, and compression (well read on here)
Old 08-27-2013, 02:43 AM   #22
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel air and spark is very vague, it all needs to be in time. Check your timing, both ignition and base timing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:08 AM   #23
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Did this guy legit just respond to the Potato fuse question... I might have to change my location from Florida as I have a brain in my head.
Quote:
No i haven't. To be honest i didnt know there was a fuse there. Thats not a fuse for the fuel pump is it?
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #24
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Anyways, it's easy enough to get to. Pull the cover off in the trunk to access the fuel pump. Remove the fuel pump assembly. Get a flashlight and to the right near the top you'll see almost like a dipstick with the label, "100Potato"(100A obviously). Pull it and the fuse is connected at the end. If it's blown just pick another one up at Oreilly's and replace it by unscrewing the two screws on both terminals.

Please let me know what you find. Good luck!
What in the fuck.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
RB33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwire View Post
Did this guy legit just respond to the Potato fuse question... I might have to change my location from Florida as I have a brain in my head.
Are you being a dick for one this is the first 240 Ive really worked on. I'm used to my Honda. So if your here to flame i don't need you here I'm looking for help not smart ass's trying to make jokes so please if your not here to help don't post here.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #26
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Are you being a dick for one this is the first 240 Ive really worked on. I'm used to my Honda. So if your here to flame i don't need you here I'm looking for help not smart ass's trying to make jokes so please if your not here to help don't post here.
you should be careful using the "H" word around here, you probably just made your case worse...people don't "stay out" of threads of on here if they don't have anything to contribute...

good luck
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #27
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Am I being a dick? Are you being an idiot? You just responded saying you were unaware that there was a POTATO fuse... a fucking PO TATE TOE FUSE
Quote:
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #28
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Potato fuse!
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #29
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
If the 75a main fuse is blown lots of stuff won't work...

Quote:
Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

NO FUCKING WAY! POTATO FUSE IN THE GAS TANK!!!???

Florida has just set the bar even lower...

racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #30
RB33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwire View Post
Am I being a dick? Are you being an idiot? You just responded saying you were unaware that there was a POTATO fuse... a fucking PO TATE TOE FUSE
OK well i guess allot of people are miss leading on here my fault.

But i checked the timing and had a buddy check it to still nothing i get spark gas it tries to fire up wont start i have lots of new stuff on the 240 like spark plug wire, plugs, and ignition coil