Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker
Fuel Pump Turned off ~ HELP!

Iv had this problem before. Last time it shut off on me i blew a pin on the plug of my Power FC. That isnt the case this time... i checked if the pump itself is getting power, it is. It's a NISMO fuel pump too so its not a stock or cheapy that would normaly go out. I checked all the fuses i could think of that would be even close to related to it. My fuel pressure gauge is showing 0.

Any ideas? shit shut off on me while cruising no high boost or anything.

Thanks
-Steven
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
1slowS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice1slowS13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
nismo or not, shit happens. it might've stopped working.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
it has power though...
and its pretty new

how would i go about testing it besides testing for power? cuz i did that
Old 08-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Remove it, hook it up to a 12V battery.

Done and done.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 08-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #5
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
Remove it, hook it up to a 12V battery.

Done and done.

i already tested it. hooked it up it worked.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #6
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
if the fuel pump works then its the ecu, power fc not sending the signal, or your wiring/fuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Old 08-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
PBucch
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ive got power at the plug, not sure how much, I just have a test light, but the pump is not priming when the key is turned on. I took it out and put it on 12v and it pumped fine.

could it be the relays? all the fuses are good.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:04 PM   #8
defiantmofo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
defiantmofo is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just had to deal with a similar, if not exact same problem.

Check Relays in fuse box in the engine bay. If their good...

Does your commander turn on when you try to start the car? I tracked mine down to the PowerFC being the problem. (assuming this is s13-s13sr) On your harness there should be an ECCS wire (black/red wire iirc). I think it's pin 5 or so(check your diagram). Strip away a piece of the sheilding so that just the bare wire is exposed. Take a 3' piece of wire, twist it around the ECCS wire, and ground it to your chassis. Does your fuel pump turn on? Commander? If so, your PowerFC isn't doing what it's supposed to do. You can wire in a gound switch from the ECCS, and turn it on before you start your car. Or buy a new PowerFC.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #9
drftthatshit
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
drftthatshit is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check the relays then get your self a dmm digital multi meter to see the exact volts going to your fuel pump
Old 08-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantmofo View Post
I just had to deal with a similar, if not exact same problem.

Check Relays in fuse box in the engine bay. If their good...

Does your commander turn on when you try to start the car? I tracked mine down to the PowerFC being the problem. (assuming this is s13-s13sr) On your harness there should be an ECCS wire (black/red wire iirc). I think it's pin 5 or so(check your diagram). Strip away a piece of the sheilding so that just the bare wire is exposed. Take a 3' piece of wire, twist it around the ECCS wire, and ground it to your chassis. Does your fuel pump turn on? Commander? If so, your PowerFC isn't doing what it's supposed to do. You can wire in a gound switch from the ECCS, and turn it on before you start your car. Or buy a new PowerFC.
its a s14 kouki sr
i think its the same wiring though just the plug itself is different.

i didnt check the relay and a lot of you guys are saying to do that. ill try that first. i hope its not the power fc... eeek
Closed Thread