Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
blackrb240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
blackrb240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VQ35 Kouki

Before I begin, here's my old VQ build thread into a vert:

http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/4328...-pictures.html

Here's how she looked when I traded her...

To a buddy of mine for this...

I told my self a thousand times I was gonna leave the car alone and just drive it. The SR was strong but had its little issues...so I started fixing things up a bit because dirty bays drive me insane. I removed the clutch fan, fixed the vacuum lines, built a new harness, and a few other bits to make her a little cleaner.

And I got rid of those stupid 19" wheels for something a little more tasteful.

Went to a few shows, did a few photo shoots, installed a sound system, and then this happened:

And this:

And then this a few weeks later:

Once that was all taken care of...

You can see the rod bearing damage on the #1 rod journal -______-
So this happened:

Once that was out, I rebuilt the brake lines, did some sanding/shaving, and a little painting. In progress:

Bought a '04 VQ swap from my buddy Kevin out of his Z...he wanted to make room for 8 cylinders in the near future so I took 6 off his hands. Lord it was dirty when I pulled it.

I cleaned the ever living &*$^ out of it and removed every single accessory, bracket, pipe, and pulley and cleaned them all in the parts washer before I reassembled the motor.

And here she is in the painted, uber clean bay

I have ALOT of work to do still on the car because I'm tearing it down to a chassis to make sure everything is right and reliable when I get done. The shifter and the driver's seat will be moved back 4" so I'll be more comfortable in my car when she's done. I am also planning on having a half cage built into the car, and build the mounts/wiring/exhaust/turbo kit. Progress will be slow but steady :/

Thanks to anyone who reads and/or follows!
blackrb240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links