Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
s13pimp
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
s13pimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
s13 Road steer question

Hello all. I have been experiencing a bit of road steer in my s13 for a while now. By road steer, i mean the car tends to pull in one direction or another when going over bumps/divets/different textured road surfaces. The steering is still very tight and responsive though. The alignment is off (but not much) and it has 17" 5zigen fn01rc's with 225's on the front. What part(s) should I check for ware? Tension rods? Could this just be because of my alignment? I would just get my alignment done, but it's not bad and I am waiting to get my coilovers on and broken in before I do that (which will be some time this summer before I go to the track again). Thanks in advance!
s13pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Pergatory

Trader Rating: (0)
Pergatory is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm afraid I'm not sure if alignment could do this. However, alignment aside, tie rods & tension rods are first bet for the front-end, and traction rods for the rear. Any of those could cause it. Try to pay attention to whether the bump steer is coming from the front or rear wheels (does the rear jump out or does the front wander? or both?). Also note that they'd have to be bent or seriously worn to cause any noticeable difference, I believe, unless the car has been lowered. Usually this kind of problem only surfaces in improperly lowered cars.
Pergatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
s13pimp
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
s13pimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
The bump steering is definitely coming from the front and it is pretty slight. Improperly lowered? You mean like riding on sh*%$y ground controls over kyb struts? How does improper lowering cause this kind of handling? Also, how can i avoid improper lowering when i get my stance coilovers?
s13pimp is offline   Reply With Quote