Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
max2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What the heck happened to my fluid!!!!?

Long story short, I tried to "drive" my 280zx today after about 2 years of sitting around (yeap I know), so basically my foot went all the way in when I tried to hit the clutch, brake fluid its fine by the way, its just the fluid for the clutch that its like this, it looks good enough to eat

O yea, how bad is it?, do I have to take everything appart?, or a nice flush could work?

It just like someone filled that thing with grease.

Last edited by max2damax; 09-02-2008 at 09:39 PM..
max2damax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
LA_phantom_240
Nissanaholic!

Location: Louisiana. LA is for Louisiana. L.A. is Los Angeles.
Trader Rating: (2)
LA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfectionLA_phantom_240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's one fucked master cylinder. I would replace it and the slave, just to be on the safe side... and don't forget to flush the lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Come on, this isn't Gran Turismo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK
your balls are either ballin, or they aren't... no second hand nut sweat can change that.
3/28/09 Buy this stuff!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/24807...-stuff-fs.html
LA_phantom_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

max2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to allmax2damax is a name known to all
yeap, im looking at the prices for both already, not bad, it'll be about 50-60 for both, are those the only two things I need to replace?, besides flushing the lines? im not too familiar with the whole clutch system, so not sure what other components might be royally fukced.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
its just the master, lines, and slave. I'd go ahead and replace them all, now would be a good time to upgrade to braided lines.

That is some nasty looking shit btw.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

dumb question, why would I do braided lines if the lines are metal already?

Old 09-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
It's brake fluid btw - not oil.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #7
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
That is what brake fluid turns into when it is neglected. By "braided line" he means the rubber hose that goes from the clutch hardline to the slave cylinder. Replace the master and slave and if you can find one the clutch hose with a braided one as well. If not just do the master and slave and flush the system REALLY good.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 PM   #8
max2damax
Zilvia Junkie

got it, thanks guys, I thinks I got a pretty good picture in my head now of what I'll be replacing and doing.