Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Should I supercharge the Z?
Sell the SR'd S13 to Supercharge the Z and throw some Suspension on it. 7 10.29%
Don't sell the 240, Track it... Keep the Z for my Daily Driver. 53 77.94%
Sell the 240 keep the cash, just as Savings/Back up. 8 11.76%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Mlogue84
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Mlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mlogue84
Supercharged Z or Track the 240

I recently just bought a 350z and had this brainy idea to supercharge it and throw some suspension on it. I'd have to sell my SR'd S13 to do this though.... What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
These polls are getting out of control. Sorry man But most people dont really care. But if you want o'S in this.........Sell your cars and move to a smaller community and buy a house before the prices of them start going up. If you Red ball be please post your name Name.LOL
Old 08-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #3
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
I keep my 350z stock and dump the money into the 240 for drifting.

Can't have two cars that I gotta worry about.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
I keep my 350z stock and dump the money into the 240 for drifting.

Can't have two cars that I gotta worry about.
Thats what I voted. I keep wanting to modify my daily, but am trying to put off the temptation! Gotta keep one of them running.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
if you want to modify your daily just do the pimp status stuff. like dvd navigation or some crap. nice baller wheels, aero... maybe an inake, crap like that. Can't go wrong with suspension either, just don't go super low if you get coilovers.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
If this isnt an obvious answer you obviously havent been into cars for a long time or made large mistakes,

rule one is alllways have a reliable daily before you built a track car,

your track car isnt your daily,

I mean you could do it, but it will be such a headache in the end.

I have learned the hard way,

1 daily, turned into a beast, 3 project cars,

and now Im buying a BMW to daily, and a shitty cheap corolla shell and building it to track.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
Mlogue84
Zilvia Junkie

Mlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfectionMlogue84 is close to perfection
I've decided to track the 240. I kinda knew all along that tracking the 240 was probably the smartest choice, but hey... It's fun to think about that kind of stuff. One day I will I'll make the Z really sweet. It's clean and fun now but I was infatuated by the dream. I've got a Fujita Intake and a Power Enterprise Exhaust, and some aero... This is my Z:

Thanks to Everyone who helped!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
pretty

msglabia
Old 08-25-2007, 09:47 PM   #9
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Yeah, I like the Z too... building your 240 is the smarter thing to do.

Plus u get to be like Jack, that's always cool

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 08-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #10
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
haha keep your s13 so you can buy my frontmount lol

ill go lower on that price for you haha
Old 08-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #11
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to irax
id say throw your Z motor into the 240 and make that a daily driver because it will get awesome gas mileage. Sell the sr and buy a VH45DE from the older Q45's and put that into your z... and then turbo charge it...
Old 08-26-2007, 09:46 PM   #12
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
id say throw your Z motor into the 240 and make that a daily driver because it will get awesome gas mileage. Sell the sr and buy a VH45DE from the older Q45's and put that into your z... and then turbo charge it...
and end up never driving any,

then selling them all.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #13
s13gold
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
s13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfections13gold is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
keep the z stock. daily driving.

track the shit out of the 240
Old 08-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #14
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
hey Kettle, your black!

lol!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:13 AM   #15
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

hahaha,

<3
Old 08-28-2007, 10:32 AM   #16
nismo-joe
Zilvia Member

nismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud ofnismo-joe has much to be proud of
pwned that shit was funny kettle black lmao thanks for the laugh.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #17
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

my black kettle is becoming a bmw.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM   #18
irax
Post Whore!

and mine into nothing :-( well.. hopefully i can find a job soon.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:53 AM   #19
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Supercharger is better for resale, as it unbolts right out of the car. Stillen requires the ugly hump hoods for clearance. Street legal though. If you ever decide to track your Z permanently, superchargers are useless against the weapon of choice, JWT T.T. setup tuned for 700 HP. But it is a good investment that you can move out of the car with no problem. Go to my350z.com for more info. And since you are in S.D. , i can direct you to Relentless Autosports to install and tune your supercharger. They only run the fastest 350z in the country right now. And their mechanic is ex JWT mech, and holds a Nissan master mech license. The do both superchargers and turbo installs every day.
Check out the flagship Z that placed 2nd behind the JIC S15 when it broke the Button Willow track record last April. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=155255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlogue84 View Post
I recently just bought a 350z and had this brainy idea to supercharge it and throw some suspension on it. I'd have to sell my SR'd S13 to do this though.... What do you think?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #20
Mlogue84
Zilvia Junkie

Kognition, that is some good info. I am definitely going to TT my Z and permanently track it once I pick up another sweet daily driver. I'm in love with that Z from the link, I definitely need to change my pants. Thanks for your advice.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 AM   #21
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
It is still a heavy car, but much potential on the track. We are replacing the roof
soon with a carbon one to lose about 40 lb's overhead.

Quote:
Kognition, that is some good info. I am definitely going to TT my Z and permanently track it once I pick up another sweet daily driver. I'm in love with that Z from the link, I definitely need to change my pants. Thanks for your advice.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM   #22
Mlogue84
Zilvia Junkie

What's that going to cost?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #23
kognition
Premium Member

Not avaialble to the public at large i am afraid. Not at this time anyway. It is a race team only mod.

Quote:
What's that going to cost?
Old 09-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #24
Mlogue84
Zilvia Junkie

pics por favor
Old 09-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #25
kognition
Premium Member

Not yet installed, but will go up on our website in about 4 weeks when we get the car back to California. I just picked up the latest Modified and we have a few good shots of the car in the Super Lap Battle article. Our drivers qualified the car for the Super Lap Finals coming up in November. Very exciting because we head directly from there to Laguna Seca Redline finals. The car was eating Modena's and 911 Turbos for lunch that weekend. No Joke.

Quote:
pics por favor
Old 09-03-2007, 12:53 AM   #26
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i saw that modified mag earlier tonight sitting here at the hospital being bored out of my fucking mind.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:24 AM   #27
Mlogue84
Zilvia Junkie

Kognition: Thats BA

LTD: why were you at the hospital?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #28
sportcars14a
Leaky Injector

sportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choices
That car is wack, black wheels are ugg as a mother. Silver FTW you should get them in silver, in fact, get some SICK wheels in silver.

BTW, primer the 240, throw it on some stock blacks and mob it with gutted interior ftw!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #29
kognition
Premium Member

You do realize that you sound like a complete idiot right now right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcars14a View Post
That car is wack, black wheels are ugg as a mother. Silver FTW you should get them in silver, in fact, get some SICK wheels in silver.

BTW, primer the 240, throw it on some stock blacks and mob it with gutted interior ftw!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #30
sportcars14a
Leaky Injector

sportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choicessportcars14a has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
You do realize that you sound like a complete idiot right now right?
Your thumb should be Up amigo!
Closed Thread