Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
pssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
S13 rhd conversion

Here is what i am looking for, i have most of the parts needed for a rhd conversion, but i am wondering a few things, like what can i re-use from my lhd firewall, do i need a new brake booster, master cylinder, and clutch master? Where can i get new brake, and clutch lines, or can i only get used ones, also do i need diffrent p.s. Lines or are the dual cam ones fine? I searched but just cant seem to find a comprehensive parts list.
Thanx in advance
-daelen-
pssht is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #2
JVDSKYRINE
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
JVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfectionJVDSKYRINE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I just want to know what made you decide to do a rhd conversion? just asking cuz I have a japanese car and it isn't sweet. Left hand turns suck and ghey people ask you how you got a british car every day. Not to mention wasting money on shit that doesn't up your cars performance in any way.

If you really wanna follow through with it I am sure i could find some shit in canada for you.
JVDSKYRINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

pssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choicespssht has made poor choices
idk why, just always wanted to do it, got a very good deal on some parts, and just changing things up a little bit, it isnt my daily so there arent to many problems with that.
basicly what i am looking for is a list of parts *NEEDED* for the swap, i have no ac, heat, cc, and have a custom chassis harness, it is a very bare bones car.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANX
-DAELEN-
Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
redclaw05
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
redclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of lightredclaw05 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to redclaw05
A friend once told me, "I want to do a RHD conversion."

I said, "Why? So the guy next to you at the track can shake hands with you because he spent his money on his RB26/2JZ conversion?"

Meaning.....why spend it on something JDM useless......Unless you deliver mail, don't do it.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

i see where you are coming from, and i agree in some ways, but you know we all add personal touches to our cars, insted of buying a body kit, or some crazy wheels, rhd is fo me, i already saved up bought my sr, biger brakes, coilovers, suspension arms, and manny other goodies, this is just one thing on my list i would love to do.
once again i am looking for a list of *NEEDED* parts for the swap as in brake lines, clutch line yada yada
thanx
-daelen-
Old 08-13-2008, 01:17 AM   #6
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
one of the little things that a lot of people forget is that LHD wiper blades go the wrong way. Just a little thing to point out that you might want to do, I know if I was doing a RHD swap for whatever reason I'd make sure to change the mounting points and get the JDM wiper arms.

Power steering rack is different, so the lines will probably be different as well. I haven't closely looked at any of my buddy's cars. He has a RHD silvia, a RHD 180, and a RHD silvia front clip still. If I think of it next time I'll look
Ka24Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
BLKS13
Zilvia Member

BLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really nice
I don't see a problem with you using a lhd brake master and clutch master...maybe the lines go in on the other end. I'll get confirmation later today when I talk to one of my buddies..
BLKS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #8
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Oh, that reminds me that a RHD clutch master is different, to clear the fire wall. And the master cyl. lines do exit on the other side, so you might want to pick one up.
Ka24Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

thanx for all the help guys,yea i will be looking for a clutch and brake master then.
oh and to the people that neg repd me because of this thread, i did search, never found a very comprehensive list of parts needed, and if wanting rhd= fanboy lame than so be it! we should all be able to do things to our cars that we like, and not have people wine about it. what i would like is someone who has done the conversion to chime in and tell me what parts they *NEEDED*
thanx
-daelen-
Old 08-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #10
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka24Power View Post
Oh, that reminds me that a RHD clutch master is different, to clear the fire wall. And the master cyl. lines do exit on the other side, so you might want to pick one up.
im using a lhd clutch master, but jdm bmc

rhd steering rack
rhd fire wall
rhd dash support
rhd dash
rhd steering column
rhd center console
rhd shifter trim
rhd bmc
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #11
dori_sil8t
Zilvia Junkie

dori_sil8t is making a name for him/her selfdori_sil8t is making a name for him/her self
get a rhd front clip that is all dont do anything else... cut n paste thats it.
personally its a waste of time n money..but it ur time n money so go for it.

unionautoclub.com
dori_sil8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
I also have a JDM car. Overall it's pretty gay besides your turbo not hanging out right in front of your BMC. That's about it...
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 PM   #13
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

yea, thanx for the heads up guys, over all i would just like to take the leap, find out for myself, the few rhd cars i have driven felt amazing, idk why, just more comfy, so i figure why not try it, i wont have to much cash into it, just time, but that dosnt bother me

last but not least
im guessing i most likely need new brake lines? anywhere to purchase brand new? RHD japan etc?
do i need diffrent:
clutch line?
p.s. lines?
thanx for all of the help
o and vas13 thanx for that list
-daelen-
Old 08-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #14
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have RHD abs brake lines as well as the ABS unit.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #15
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

thanx, but im looking to stay non-abs
thanx tho
-daelen-
Old 08-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #16
RPS13Dorifto
Leaky Injector

RPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssht View Post
Here is what i am looking for, i have most of the parts needed for a rhd conversion, but i am wondering a few things, like what can i re-use from my lhd firewall, do i need a new brake booster, master cylinder, and clutch master? Where can i get new brake, and clutch lines, or can i only get used ones, also do i need diffrent p.s. Lines or are the dual cam ones fine? I searched but just cant seem to find a comprehensive parts list.
Thanx in advance
-daelen-

you just wanna get asked if your car is a skyline 20 times a day don't you... i drive 2 rhd cars and if i could trade for the exact same cars in lhd i would... left had turns are hard... every single person that notices stares at you... you get asked if you car is from Britain or if it is a skyline.... cops around here hate them..... just a few of the cons of rhd....

i vote waste of time and money.....
RPS13Dorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #17
jspecusa
Premium Member

jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
i had 3 rhd cars here and been driving them around for awhile.
beside being pull over by cops and people asking you stupid questions all day long.
you also will have a hard time right turn exiting plazas, the blind spot is so bad you might want to get a passenger to look for you.
beside that my best advice if you serious about doing th,is is to buy a complete rhd car so you don't have to have the hassle of looking for missing parts and just swap parts over to each car and sell the rhd as lhd race only car.
beside EVERYTHING you need from a front clip, you'll also need door panels, what's inside the door, center console.
good luck,

sam
Old 08-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #18
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
oh mannnnn, I want to do a RHD conversion so bad.
JUST so I can do sweet high fives with other drivers at the track.

I did that in my s14 with my friend in a r33. it was TOO cool!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #19
nissan180sxer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
nissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i finished my conversion not too long ago, best bet is to buy a complete front clip. ac/heater boxes, brakes lines... the list goes on.
if you have manual windows then you dont need the door panels

also, the side mirrors are different too.
nissan180sxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 PM   #20
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

ok, so here is the deal, i was givin a large lump of rhd parts and was just trying to figure out if i was missing alot, if i was then i would just sell the stuff, if i had most of them i was going to go ahead and do it, to many people just want to come in here and bash on something, i DONT care what your oppinions are, i have my own, i dont meen about how hard left turns are, or blind spots, im talking about all the people that come in here and wine, why do you care? no seriously, does it make that big of a differance in your life if i change my car? i am not building it for you, you will never have to drive it.
thanx to all of the people giving constuctive info in here, i greatly appriceate it.
THANX
-DAELEN-
Old 08-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #21
honeybadger
Leaky Injector

honeybadger is on a distinguished road
I've driven RHD cars in urban environments... its pretty stupid/inconvenient/unsafe

BUT ITS UNIQUE!!!
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #22
RPS13Dorifto
Leaky Injector

RPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the roughRPS13Dorifto is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssht View Post
ok, so here is the deal, i was givin a large lump of rhd parts and was just trying to figure out if i was missing alot, if i was then i would just sell the stuff, if i had most of them i was going to go ahead and do it, to many people just want to come in here and bash on something, i DONT care what your oppinions are, i have my own, i dont meen about how hard left turns are, or blind spots, im talking about all the people that come in here and wine, why do you care? no seriously, does it make that big of a differance in your life if i change my car? i am not building it for you, you will never have to drive it.
thanx to all of the people giving constuctive info in here, i greatly appriceate it.
THANX
-DAELEN-

how is people who have driven rhd cars telling you that it sucks not constructive... "Be Different" it doesn't affect anyone but you, but people with experience are telling you to use your money in a more constructive way... ... at least if you want to change your turbo your steering rack wont be in the way.... i guess...
RPS13Dorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:31 PM   #23
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

i said thank you for that advice, i can see where it would be a problem, but its not my daily, i have my jeep for that, this would just be another fun project to do on the car over the winter, the motor will already be out, and the previous owner put a flywheel through the firewall and did a shitty patch job, so i just figure why not? i can deal with the p.i.t.a. every once and awhile. once again i am not trying to be an ass, i understand all of your guys points, and thank you, all im looking for right now is a list of all the parts *NEEDED* for it as in lines and what not.
THANX
-DAELEN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS13Dorifto View Post
how is people who have driven rhd cars telling you that it sucks not constructive... "Be Different" it doesn't affect anyone but you, but people with experience are telling you to use your money in a more constructive way... ... at least if you want to change your turbo your steering rack wont be in the way.... i guess...
Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #24
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

ok so thanx to westcojustin, i think i might just use usdm clutch, and brake masters and just bend up my own hard lines, any pros or cons to this thanx?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #25
Skee
Leaky Injector

Skee is on a distinguished road
its fun i just sold mine and i used a clutch master off a 240 i dont see why you needa rhd one i had alot of us parts on mine and had no problems its fun and dont cost much to do i only had about 150 into mine to do a full convertion if the price is right and you have time then do it to do rhd convertion i dont see how some poeple say they can buy a better motor for that price dam you guys need to check the prices again lol
Skee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #26
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

thanx skee, what all usdm 240sx parts did you re-use?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #27
Skee
Leaky Injector

Skee is on a distinguished road
used the clutch and the brake just make your own brake lines and CLutch lines
Skee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:44 AM   #28
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

thanx skee. so im still unsure, cane i re-use the usdm p.s. lines?

and haha and if your going to neg rep me, give me a better reason than *noob* at least put some thought behind it and make it constructive
Old 08-16-2008, 07:43 AM   #29
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think you should do a CHD conversion:

Then you'd be ubber cool, and unique.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #30
pssht
Zilvia Junkie

haha! sold! can i get that dash from jdm land! lol