Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Chopaholic is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S15 in Ireland. Volk GTC, 1JZ, Spec R Aero etc.

I will start with my old S13 which my friend has now bought.

So here is the new S15, just going to copy and paste posts from other forums!

After months of looking at S15's and trying to convince myself I didnt need one, I just had to get one... So spotted this for sale down south, left for Tralee at 9am yesterday morning and never managed to get home until 3am.

The car is an S15 Silvia Spec S.

Quite pleased with the car for the money, it needs a small tidy up and a good wash, excuse the stupid inovite wheels and lexus lights, they will be the first items removed. :L

Here is some pictures taken this morning, no time to wash it or anything.

and I guess I should show what I bought earlier on in the week for it also, a Toyota 1JZ conversion with front sump. :up:

First step is to get a manual gearbox for the 1JZ and get the car cleaned up a bit.

Now, time to try and do some sleeping in work.

Bought a new bumper for it today on eBay as the old one had a few cracks and marks on it, got lucky and managed to get a pearl white one for decent money.

Integra Lip is finally on its was from England, should be here in a day or two.

Started giving the headlights a clean up today as they have the old nasty yellow frosted look to them, done one side to see how it would turn out, will do the other side through the week.

More to come very soon.

Rear looking a bit more healthy now, and my new front bumper arrived, just need to clean the tape etc off it before fitting.

Starting to sell parts from my S13 now so will hopefully have the cash gathered for the Manual swap soon.

Coilovers arrived today thanks to Warby!

Took the ugly Nissan and Silvia badges off.

and the car getting ready for a good buff.

Also, got this delivered on Friday...

Have a supra on its way from England soon as a gearbox doner, should hopefully have it here before next week.

This arrived the other day as a donor for the gearbox, managed to pick it up for £700 delivered to my door (From London) which was a bargain considering the price of these gearboxes now days.

A day after arriving at my house it looked like this..

Also earlier in the week I whipped out the SR20DE from the S15.

Nice R154 ready to clean up

Ordered my Mounts and gearbox bellhousing yesterday so should hopefully have them here in a week, more updates to come then!

Mount kit and Bellhousing for the 1JZ>R154.

And.. Getting this tomorrow all being well..

Exedy hyper single clutch and flywheel

Pretty much good for a test fit in the coming week, then a bit of paint for the engine bay.
_________

A few updates, things have been slow for a little while, will hopefully be picking up the pace from here.

New front mount arrived.

Bought some new wheels, SSR Professor SP1 - 17x10 ET16 and 17x9 ET16, very good condition however I will be getting them stripped and polished instead of black.

Finally got my oil returns sorted, cut, moved and tig welded. Fits like a glove now

Next on the list is sorting out the engine bay, needs a few small patches welded in and it will be getting a nice fresh coat of paint, its then time to put the engine in

More soon.
Chopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

After a long time without an update I have the car back running thanks to Richard bradley for the hard work, everything is pretty much good to go, only have a slight clutch issue which I can hopefully get sorted soon.

And a small video of it running.

S15 1JZ - YouTube

A few minor issues to sort out before I can drive it right, the clutch master cylinder needs modified and the exhaust needs to be slightly higher.

Huge thanks to Richard Bradley for the top quality work getting all the bits and pieces I couldnt do done for the car.

More to come soon.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Small update, have the car pretty much back together, managed to destroy my instrument panel in the midst of putting my dash in (Shorted it out or some shit)

Had some problems with the clutch which have now been sorted, removed the pin from the vectra master cylinder, shortened it and threaded it to allow some adjustment, also replaced the ****ed up old slave cylinder pin with something a bit longer.

Old left new right.

Raised the FMIC up some, cut the oem bumper to allow it in and looking fairly stockish.

Sold the SSR's in favor of some 18's, 18x10ET-2 and 18x9ET0 Volk GTC Face 2's, Just need smaller tyres, a little camber and repainted in silver.

Still ironing out problems with the 1JZ, think I need a new rocker cover gasket, idle control valve and a little luck lol

More to come soon.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
cool car!

are you planning on painting the exterior blue too?
Old 12-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
cool car!

are you planning on painting the exterior blue too?
Cheers man, eventually the full car will be hypnotic teal mica, when the summer comes most likely.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great looking build so far, dont give up lol
Old 12-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I had seen this on FB a little while ago, and I legitimately got excited to see more...

Final Boss is doing some big things...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Poor engine bay
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
GT-Cs are killer! Silver will look much better than the baby blue. Great build! Keep it going!
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
AWahl

AWahl is an unknown quantity at this point
Did your garage get vandalized? lol but the car is coming along good it sounds amazing!
AWahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #11
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
lemme get a final boss sticker!!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWahl View Post
Did your garage get vandalized? lol but the car is coming along good it sounds amazing!
I have idiotic friends who waste my paint lol

Thanks guys.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #13
RastaS14
Leaky Injector

RastaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice progress man! What are the overall goals? Just a fun street car?
RastaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #14
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaS14 View Post
Very nice progress man! What are the overall goals? Just a fun street car?
Thanks guys, yea pretty much a fun street car which will be tracked when I can afford it.

Right I suppose I better throw some form of an update up, I havent touched the car in recent weeks/months, this has mainly been due to generally being a lazy bastard and working on friends cars lol

I was made redundant from work on Monday so have plenty of time to do the niggly jobs on the cars which I never got at before, I started my quest today and gave the garage a good cleaning to get the S15 back in with a bit of working area for a change.

I started with this, a bit of a crazy mess and yes, the graffiti is there to offend everyone possible.

After 4/5 hours of tidying/sorting I had this.

Still have to remove the 7MGTE Engine tomorrow when I get my Engine Crane back. A new lick of paint to cover the walls too.

Anyway, enough of the Garage for now, I test fitted the Volks on the car, as you can see they poke a little, need to get less tyre, some camber and a roll to make them fit a bit better. Car is stinking from laying in a dusty garage for months.

Still having 1JZ idling issues, have a new set of plugs to fit tomorrow, plus a few other bits and pieces which will be included in the next update.

More to come.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #15
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
a lil love the build so far!
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Copy and pasted most of this from other forums so it may not make too much sense!

Made up my own downpipe/exhaust system, welds are a bit rough and ready but seem to hold just fine.

Straight through, no back box, no silencers.

Had to modify the Vband connection on the turbo to fit right, the jack bar came in handy for a nice round end.

My interior stuff finally arrived, Kevlar backed Brides etc.

Got the insides of the bonnet, boot and boot floor painted. (Door shuts etc still to be done) The colour is EXTREMELY hard to photograph to make it look right, its actually properly Teal.

and last but not least I eventually started it with the new top mount setup, new IACV too which means it finally revs correctly.

Have to tidy up a few silly things and fix a couple of silly oil leaks, needs a pulley on the front as it creaks a little, but other than that she is ready to get mapped.

More updates soon.

Some new discs:

Bit the bullet and painted the GTC's at long last, look 10x better now

Managed to get a few new parts too, have a KAAZ 2-way diff waiting to go in and a new 17" slim line fan.

I have been so busy in work - However busy in work only means one thing and that is more ££.

After much thinking about buying an S14 winter slider I just decided to throw some more money at the S15 instead to try and get it finished.

Started by rolling the arches out like mad to try and make the wheels fit with at least camber as possible, wrecked the arch, got the grinder out and decided I would just over fender the car.

Bought a set of rear fenders which don't fit as well as I would like, I can't be arsed spending the time fixing them so have now pretty much got an order sorted for a full set of Origin fenders, plus roof spoiler.

Threw a few panels together to make it resemble a car and give me some inspiration, Camber is currently fully negative with the adjuster bolt out.

Bought Skyline Brakes, Solid Bushes and some Kandy Purple paint for the subframe and calipers.

Once all the new parts start arriving the car will be heading down to get painted, hopefully have it almost completed early next year.

Got a little busy with the subframe over the past few days, stripped it down, spent a life time taking the stupid original bushes and sleeves out, cleaned it all up, gave it a lick of paint then added the new arms, solid bushes and my 2way diff. Also painted my new R33 Skyline brakes.

Out with the old.

Alot of banging to get this out.

Me being a cock for snapchat.

All painted.

New arms arrived.

With the rest of the stuff painted and all together.

Just need to put my ARB in, tighten everything up and buy a new handbrake setup with some new discs.

Alan from Driftwizards also posted my parts out to me last week, origin overfenders all around, origin roof spoiler and a new front lip.

Christmas presents to myself arrived today

Rear fenders are here too but nothing to set them on with lol genuine aero is 10000x better than the cheap stuff you get here. HUGE thanks to Alan Mc Crory for getting these sorted for me. First class service from Driftwizards.

Only the front lip to come now to finish the exterior.

As soon as I get the subframe back into the car I will post a picture with it all together at a respectable ride height.

So today I put the subframe back into the car and made it roll again - Awaiting my new Skyline discs/handbrake setup/lines arriving to finish this off.

Added some more strength to the inner of the wings.

Done some undersealing.

And my new 3 piece lip arrived.

So then I decided to throw it all together and see what happens. Its duck taped together, its rough, its dirty, the photos are shit and its many different colours. However its starting to take shape into something cool.

My Skyline R33 Handbrake setup arrived along with my drilled and grooved discs all around, some nice new braided lines too.

My Skyline calipers painted.

Braided lines.

Together.

Wheel on.

Need to try and get myself some Skyline dust covers for the rear now to finish the brakes.

So for the first Saturday night in ages I managed to stay in the garage and work on the car.

Had to get the insides of the doors/shuts prepped and painted, also painted the rear panel so the overfenders could be fitted and it wont look as gash when I rip one off.

Then some paint :P

Came out quite good considering I was only painting at 1:30am.

Have built the doors back up since then, just need to put the windows back in.

It will be away very soon to have the full thing painted, just a few more things to do before that.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #17
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
Looking good

FS OEM RB25 PARTS
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #18
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I agree, this thing is sexxxxxyyyyy.

Where did you get that 3 piece lip? I'm jealous of your front origin fenders, as I have the previous generation ones that don't have the cutout for the sidemarker lights.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #19
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Ah, it's been a while since I had seen this thing. It's good to hear (and see) that you're still plugging away at this ride.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:56 PM   #20
juvi22003
Zilvia Member

juvi22003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Coming along nicely
Old 01-29-2014, 04:19 AM   #21
Kwolfe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kwolfe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
s15 + 1jz, match made in heaven!
Kwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #22
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Booked in for paint next month so had to pull the finger out and start fitting some things properly, rear fenders on. Fairly impressed with the fit from the Origin fenders compared to cheap ones, minimal sanding needed and we were pretty much ready to rivet straight on.

Bought myself a little present too... Holset HY35 with a 10cm rear housing, very impressive figures on a 1JZ.

Then got the internal wastegate welded shut.

And just a little blast from the past for shits and giggles.

Started fitting the front fenders this evening and should hopefully have them finished towards the end of the week.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #23
SrZenkeh
Leaky Injector

SrZenkeh is an unknown quantity at this point
That a custom mix for the colour?
Looks good
SrZenkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #24
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrZenkeh View Post
That a custom mix for the colour?
Looks good
Yea man, its actually the colour some of our local busses are slightly darkened.

A small update this time, I had planned to get major progress over this weekend with the car but due to me being ill for the past week its been a no go so far.

An issue I needed to address before I went any further was the shifter for the R154, it falls to short of the Sbody tunnel, took the rear section of the box out and took it down to Alan Jones at Coleraine Radiator Centre who as usual left a fantastic job on it.

Before:

After:

Once I am feeling a little bit better I have all the bits and pieces ready to go for my new exhaust/turbo setup too. It was meant to be away for paint already but I would like to clear up these minor things first.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #25
Theezy

Trader Rating: (2)
Theezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that paint tho! too sick!
Theezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:19 AM   #26
LaMaR-
Leaky Injector

LaMaR- is an unknown quantity at this point
looking really good so far, really want to see it all one color and see the whole car in a single shot lol
LaMaR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #27
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Just copy and pasting these from other forums but we have some progress!

Over the last while I have:
- Re-made the oil return (which is still fecking leaking)
- Rewired and extended the lambda sensor
- Changed the crappy accelerator cable to a nice fresh one from the Supra
- Played about with the FMIC and got it seating better with no rubbing
- Rewired and extended bits of the engine loom protecting them from heat
- Made a screamer pipe
- Finished the downpipe and added a new Lambda hole
- Heatwrapped bits and pieces
- Bought a new radiator as my old one was leaking, had it modified to the same spec and added a bung for a temp sensor
- Bought some expensive ass heat shield stuff

Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #28
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

Things are progressing, so much so the car is pretty much ready to rock and roll and ive started tidying up wiring and actually cleaning things.

First of all I was on a mission to sort out issues with the engine not running/revving correctly and running extremely rich, out with the carb cleaner and I discovered a massive leak in the inlet gasket, removed the inlet mani (which is a bastard in the tight engine bay) and replaced the gasket. Problem solved.

When I had it stripped down I removed the turbo and once again made a new turbo oil drain, decided to tig this one up for a bit of a better finish.

Started installing some of the clutter ive had laying in my bedroom for ages.

Had the annual garage clear out...

Done some work in between to my IS200 Daily

Making use of the clean garage I painted my other wheels

Then some parts started arriving to get the final stages of the S15 complete, the boxes contain its brand new front lip, An6 piping and aeroquip fittings to make the power steering line (Turns out the PAS line at the moment is a piece of shit), new clamps for the FMIC piping and an AEM Uego Wideband.

Installed the wideband and decided to re-wrap my downpipe after I welded in the new bung, A full roll of exhaust wrap on this.

Cut some exhaust gaskets down to make some funky Vband gaskets.

Had a hold back with a adapter for the steering rack.

Currently waiting on my Blitz electronic boost controller, a new adapter and a couple of minor things to come before I can actually drive the thing, should hopefully have them all this week!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #29
Chopaholic
Leaky Injector

I had to get a new power steering like as one I made up was shit and left a nice mess on my garage floor, so after a quick hunt I found a local farm hydraulic suppliers who knocked me up a fantastic line for minimal moneys. Excuse how terrible the photo is of this!

Oldskool Blitz E-SBC installed

A boost gauge at long last, sort of running out of places to put gauges at this point!

Got a little creative with a couple of lips from another car and made myself a much sleeker subtle lip for the bumper, need to flush the middle section out but this can be done when the lip is being painted!

And last but not least this happened, which has put an ear to ear grin on my face for the past two days.

A quick burnout, stopped as there was smoke coming from the engine bay which turned out to be my heatwrap bedding in!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb4COg7ljD0

Up and down the road in first gear only, metal to metal noise made me stop, turns out my 2 way needs to have a little more backlash!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzMRGio-00

Both videos are the car running with the boost controller turned down as far as possible - its an animal even still!

Next up is tearing out the diff and re-doing the side shims, finding some handbrake anchors, giving it a once over.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:33 AM   #30
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopaholic View Post
Had a hold back with a adapter for the steering rack.
This EXACT shit happened to me yesterday

Build is amazing though, your interior is tits.
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote