Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #1
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

Trader Rating: (0)
RJF has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
US will be hit by international crisis if Obama is elected

I'm not saying it, "Joe the Senator" is saying it will happen.

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."
Old 10-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I'm betting the russians, because they were a popular villian in alot of the movies i like.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
Oh no a crisis, big deal. wtf do you think the country is in a state of right now? financial crisis, the next depression could be coming soon already!

spikNspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
ominous

Old 10-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
:|

that is all.........
Old 10-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

RJF has disabled reputation
He said "international crisis".

I thought the world was going love us once Obama was elected?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection

Charlie will save us.

But will Emilio survive?
Old 10-20-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Old 10-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
MudRacer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
MudRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
uh huh.. .
Old 10-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
I'm betting the russians, because they were a popular villian in alot of the movies i like.
I think it's going to be the Chinese.

No wait!

Ze Germans!
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #11
vodka2
BANNED

Trader Rating: (18)
vodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura aboutvodka2 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
russia eventually will team up with india and china to have 3.7 biillion people population and take over the world .. GG lol
vodka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Read between the lines, what Bidden is really after is your unwavering support over apparently questionable decisions.

That really worries me, as that's basically asking the American people to undergo more of the same "with us/or against us" philosophy been in force over the last few years.

What is it with politicians always trying to sell us the grandeur of blind patriotism? Why be afraid of criticism? If it's a good idea inevitable criticism should be of the constructive kind if anything.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #13
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I think it's going to be zombie's.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #14
240sxaddict
Leaky Injector

240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self240sxaddict is making a name for him/her self
Questioning the government is not a right but a responsibility of a U.S. citizen. Be unwavering in your love and pride in the nation, but always question authority and keep it in check. The government is elected by the people, for the people. But right now it seems the government is elected by the sheep to control the sheep.

Level of support for obama through a crisis (if he is elected) should be established based on the crisis at hand, not just because he is president.
240sxaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #15
shishcabobers
Zilvia Addict

shishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI
shishcabobers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
txrxs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
txrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
that's an unnerving statement honestly.

but yeah
Old 10-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #17
cc4usmc
Post Whore!

Location: Formerly Elk Grove/the916/95758/NorCal - Now teh 970
Trader Rating: (19)
cc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfectioncc4usmc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I need to get myself some guns before everything falls apart lol.

Anyone ever play this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s141996 View Post
is this exhaust california friendly? thnx lmk
cc4usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #18
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
"US will be hit by international crisis if Obama is elected" I think anyone who gets elected the next president is going to have to deal with many crisis period. With the way the OP words it, it implies a cause & effect relationship, which I find difficult to believe.

Biden is correct, not that it was difficult to predict. Actually, I think the Taliban & Pakistan will be the biggest problem. Obama will have a lot of crap to clean up in the next 4 yrs. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes now.

Russia, I'm not too worried about this point. The hit to them financially isn't going to allow for too much more miliatary invasions in the near future. If anything, it's encouraging ppl from Europe put their $$$ in the US instead of Russian and eastern Europe.

Actually in some sense it's a good question to debate whether or not McCain really would be best to deal with the international crisis at hand. Do we really need another hawkish president at this point? I'm glad that at least Obama believes that we should have focused more rebuilding Afganistan and chasing down the other OBL instead of starting something in Iraq. At least he acknowledges the need for some intervention at the right place.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #19
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
what would republican jesus do.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #20
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This just means he's going to have to put his foot up some yet to be named country/group's ass just like Kennedy did to the USSR during the Cuban crisis.

Maybe McCain can fly back up and purge us of another 5 planes we don't need during the operations

P.S. don't even bring up the bay of pigs we still backed them down.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #21
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
what would republican jesus do.
Kill 'Em All.

Yay for nukes.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #22
Icy13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Icy13 will become famous soon enoughIcy13 will become famous soon enoughIcy13 will become famous soon enoughIcy13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What RJF said:
As a young and popular politician, Barack Obama will be tested by the old guard to see if he is full of empty promises or a serious politician/ world leader. Not only is this always the case, but Obama/Biden are welcoming it and saying that just because the world doesnt love us instantly doesnt mean they wont respect us under and Obama/Biden adminsitration

And as a conservative, you think this is bad....

:'(
Icy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #23
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
lol.

Russians will invade the southwest, and MO will be the frontline of the new war... Between the ritious Americans and the evil zombie russians...

Oh yeah, the russians will be zombies.
SexPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #24
lil240sx95
Zilvia Addict

lil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfectionlil240sx95 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to lil240sx95 Send a message via MSN to lil240sx95 Send a message via Yahoo to lil240sx95
I'm sure no matter who is elected, an international crisis is inevitable.

Greatest band eber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrftKingIII View Post
Shit is hot. I repeat, this shit is hot. Fuckin makes your car look like its from Japan land. Anybody want this thing? Its painted OEM black so it looks satanic.
lil240sx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #25
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy13 View Post
What RJF said:
And as a conservative, you think this is bad....

:'(
it's funny because RJF didn't say any of that. it's clearly a quote from joe biden and RJF did not express any opinions in the OP.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #26
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Duh, of course the world won't instantly love the US if Obama becomes president, anyone who thought so is an idiot.
The US would have to make up for a lot of things and undergo many changes for the world to love it.
However, Obama as president would at least be a step in the right direction as far is working towards patching up foreign relations goes.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #27
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJF View Post
... "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."
[/I]
So what Biden is saying is that it will be more of the same. Unpopular decisions will be made internationally except he will need our help to spread the positive propaganda that all is well. Yeah, I can hardly wait to lose at least two of our precious amendments if he is elected. Unless you have your head up your ass you know which two I am talking about.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #28
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
There are many different kinds of unpopular decisions.

Going to war is an unpopular decision.
Pulling out of that war is an unpopular decision to many.
Raising taxes is an unpopular decision.

You can't constantly keep promising people what they want to hear. You can't constantly keep promising lower taxes. Sadly, idiots are eating that up. If a presidential candidate dared say he'll raise taxes for everyone, he would get chewed up by the people and the media. Same goes for many other things, even though they could benefit everyone in the long run, but most people don't seem to have a sense of future.

I am against the US getting involved in any more international conflicts.
However, I would be all for higher taxes, as long as I know that the money would go towards good things, such as health care or the economy.

People need to make educated decisions, and stop trying to classify everything as black or white (no pun intended).
Facing "unpopular decisions" could mean many things, and something different to everyone.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #29
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
ughh shouldnt this thread and the first amendment thread be put into the political thread we ALREADY have?
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #30
98s14inaz
Zilvia FREAK!

98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection98s14inaz is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxaddict View Post
Questioning the government is not a right but a responsibility of a U.S. citizen. Be unwavering in your love and pride in the nation, but always question authority and keep it in check. The government is elected by the people, for the people. But right now it seems the government is elected by the sheep to control the sheep.

Level of support for obama through a crisis (if he is elected) should be established based on the crisis at hand, not just because he is president.
Real patriots question authority. I'm an independent, I question the stupid shit both parties are doing. Unfortunately the Reps are closer to my views so they end up with my vote. Otherwise it would be Ron Paul if he was still running.