Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
Mattsx

Trader Rating: (0)
Mattsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 favorite generation of 240's

i just love 240's and would like to see what generations people like most. most
Mattsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Hatches & Zenki's here. I used to be a die-hard hatch guy. But after seeing how the s14 holds up in an accident in comparison to the S13, I don't think I can honestly see myself in another hatch. They're prettty little tin cans. S14 kouki's look weird to me - angular face... rounded rear.... No thanks. S14 Zenki flows best.

Last edited by simmode1; 04-14-2015 at 04:49 PM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #3
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
S13's FTW bruh, hatches and coupes
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
jscherf92
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
jscherf92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Kouki all day!!!
jscherf92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #5
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I'm going off topic here but who cares.

I don't know about you guys but I've driven both S13 and S14 and I have to say that the S13 is far superior than the S14. The S13's feel like a true sports car to me. I drive my Kouki as a daily and I feel as if I'm driving a 2000 Nissan Maxima to be honest. When I had my S13 the seating position felt just right (stock seats). The body roll on the S13 were amazing to witness on turns.

I'm not saying the S14 sucks ass, I'm just saying the S13 is the better of the two chassis.

Back on topic, hatch ftw.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #6
yzrider450f
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
yzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of lightyzrider450f is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hatches and Kouki s14's here.

I was just wondering how many of you guys have owned all of them

Coupe
Hatch ✓
Vert
Zenki
Kouki ✓
yzrider450f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #7
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nissan 240RS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmkws785Hrc
Old 04-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #8
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
^ not gonna lie old school silvia's are pretty boss as well, but if were talking old school, s12-240rs and cps311 silvia's would be my choice.
He said 240sx's though so oh well
Old 04-14-2015, 06:38 PM   #9
TurboTiger
Leaky Injector

TurboTiger is an unknown quantity at this point
I've always been a fan of the S13 hatch.

I'll eventually swap it out but I actually love my pignose front end.
TurboTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:50 PM   #10
eastcoaststeeze
Zilvia Member

eastcoaststeeze is an unknown quantity at this point
S13 hatch and S14 kouki
eastcoaststeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:07 PM   #11
BuildingDreams
Zilvia Member

BuildingDreams is on the path to ruinBuildingDreams is on the path to ruin
After driving all of them but vert and even 350z i would pick a coupe any day
BuildingDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:13 PM   #12
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (29)
NISR20MO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Love all 240s, yup.

Running and driving 240 history
1x piggy coupe 90 (current, dead, silfront)
3x sharknose coupes 91, 92, 93
1x shark hatch 93
1x shark vertible 94
3x zenkis 95, 95, 96 (1 current 95)
1x kouki s14 97

#Pokemaster

No thanks on verts unless caged topless track animal, just not my type. Hatches must be type x, kp, or comparable pimp-spec. Coupes are the skeet skeet, duh. Love some S14's too, kouki's and zenki's, but 95 is OBD1 which is pretty rad here in NC.

Agreed on a stock S13 being the much more fun and sporty feeling of the two. Also I think the S13 has one of the best interiors of anything built in the history of ever.

Couple pics of the last two running dd 240's I had and my current coupe and project zenki

Hatch was littered with vinyyls and these nice wheels, cleaned it up a bit and threw some nicer interior in

Peep the HUD hotness

Peace out

NISR20MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #13
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Owned both a hatch and zenki. Both cars have their good points but from a drifting stance i find the S14 to be a far superior chassis. The S13 always felt like it was trying to straighten back out, but the S14 feels extremely smooth while sideways.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:29 PM   #14
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
^ not gonna lie old school silvia's are pretty boss as well, but if were talking old school, s12-240rs and cps311 silvia's would be my choice.
He said 240sx's though so oh well
He said, "whats your favorite generation of 240?"

Nissan has made a few different "240's"...

Old 04-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #15
TooLowForAFatHoe

TooLowForAFatHoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Love the S14 Zenki.
TooLowForAFatHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #16
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
coupe with silvia front.
Hatch.

s14 interior just doesnt feel sporty at all. s13 is nice. You can definitely tell that nissan went soft mid 90's. Its funny how the s14 and r33 GTR both are a bit meh compared to their previous models in styling ques. Then they both came back with two very iconic cars in the looks department. s15 and r34. For some reason though, I will always be a s13 and r32 fan.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:59 PM   #17
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
He said, "whats your favorite generation of 240?"

Nissan has made a few different "240's"...

^

Damn, well played, well played
On topic,
I have: 1 89 hatch with pseudo kouki aero
1 89 coupe
1 92 shark coupe ( super stock,just got it, so damn pumped to tear into it)
s13's are the shit
Old 04-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #18
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
I like s14s. Probably like zenki just a little more than kouki. I don't like s13s really. There are a few people's s13s I like, but I couldn't dump money in one.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #19
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what the hell!!!???? Zilvia is being nice again? Nah, this time Im not falling for it, something's not right here.
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #20
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dook-E View Post
Owned both a hatch and zenki. Both cars have their good points but from a drifting stance i find the S14 to be a far superior chassis. The S13 always felt like it was trying to straighten back out, but the S14 feels extremely smooth while sideways.
For sure, the S14 is much more neutral and stock for stock a far better car to slide. My first S14 was a 97 SE and it was rock stock open diff but had good shape suspension and if tossed into a corner you could easily get under or over steer depending on what you want. S13 tries to push push push all the time and you have to fight for oversteer. Still the S13 feels more "direct"

I also agree the S14 interior is boring and lumpy and feels crappier, probably because there is so much wasted space behind it. The gauge cluster is also hideously cheap looking. I sometimes wonder why I'm building one. I like how sleek and out of the way the S13 interior is, plus I love manual mirrors and windows, cause who wants shitty 25 year old power windows anyway.

Frameless windows also rock so that's a win for either S13 or S14

Also any 240 beats out pretty much all the newer sports cars that have beltlines that are at or above my shoulder though.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #21
10psitx
Zilvia Member

10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
coupe with silvia front.
Hatch.

s14 interior just doesnt feel sporty at all. s13 is nice. You can definitely tell that nissan went soft mid 90's. Its funny how the s14 and r33 GTR both are a bit meh compared to their previous models in styling ques. Then they both came back with two very iconic cars in the looks department. s15 and r34. For some reason though, I will always be a s13 and r32 fan.
Exactly!!!
10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:52 AM   #22
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Personal favorites are 91-93 Fastbacks and 97-98 Kouki's.

I've owned my '92 Fastback for 8 years now. No plans on selling that one.

The '97 Kouki was a recent purchase, but I've had several Kouki's over the years. I had purchased one for my older brother with plans of helping him build it along the way, but he never really expressed interest in the car. Ended up selling it and bought him something more practical.

The Kouki is definitely more of a "weekend cruiser" type of car, whereas the hatch always makes me want to drive faster. The simplicity of it all, very direct feel, no real technology. Just skill.

S13 Coupes never did it for me. Just a personal preference. They're still very clean/cool cars, but doesn't fit "me".

S14 Zenki's are also cool cars when done right, but too rounded off for my liking.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #23
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
I'll agree with you guys on the S14's boring interior. Also on the crappy old power windows, failing sun roof trim & leaky fuel tanks. I used to absolutely hate the S14 for all of those things. But once you learn to manage/upgrade them, the structural rigidity of the S14 wins for me. But visually? Well done S13.5 hatches will always be my first love.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #24
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
I like s14s. Probably like zenki just a little more than kouki. I don't like s13s really. There are a few people's s13s I like, but I couldn't dump money in one.

100% my feelings.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #25
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Had a 89 Hatch that I loved, I wish I had the money to build it somewhat like I am my current Zenki.

My Zenki is by far my favorite, its just such a good mix simplicity and style, like its boring but nothing nice seats, clean steering wheel setup, and a double din couldn't fix. Body wise I like the Zenki over Kouki, thats just me, I feel like the lines of the Koukis are a little too aggressive, and with the right styling Zenkis outshine koukis. There are only a handful of koukis I like, while I have a long list of Zenkis that are murdering the game.

I wish I had a coupe to drive so I could compare if I truly like them over hatches.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #26
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
s13 hatches have my heart. But I currently have a zenki s14 and I'm having a hard time not trading it for a hatch. I really want to build it and see if I like it more. But hatches will always just look better to me.
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:39 AM   #27
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
<3 them all.

I'd say I browse hatches most often though. Specifically with the Hot Road "poofy Type X" kit, whatever its called.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #28
NISR20MO
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Well done S13.5 hatches will always be my first love.
Besides Dave Coleman of SCC fame and his "project silvia" the cars that did it for me and started this whole habit were the old Signal Auto strawberry face demo cars. Skeet, muhfuggin skeet.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #29
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
im a coupe man.but i do love hatches. i find myself always looking at them going "damn thats nice" but don't think id ever own one...unless its the one 2Pac sat in lol

i love the s14 interior. much nicer in my opinion. the seats are good for me. pretty supportive, but I'm only 5'2. double din and a steering wheel are a must !

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #30
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISR20MO View Post
Besides Dave Coleman of SCC fame and his &quot;project silvia&quot; the cars that did it for me and started this whole habit were the old Signal Auto strawberry face demo cars. Skeet, muhfuggin skeet.

Exactly, bro. Fumiaki Komatsu's old Signal S13.5 is what started it all for me. What a sexy beast! Too bad that dude just disappeared into obscurity.