Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:22 PM   #9781
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Oh and if you own a S14 it does not compare to a S13 in my book. S13's are just more fun to drive than S14's. Not sure why but that was my long term experience in driving both cars.
When I first got my S14 I was mildly disappointed by the way it felt overall. I think S13s are more fun too.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2016, 10:41 PM   #9782
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
When I first got my S14 I was mildly disappointed by the way it felt overall. I think S13s are more fun too.

But Bro, the Drift Bible says the S14 has a wider front stance which makes it more stable and it can run bigger wheels and ties!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:10 PM   #9783
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
So I did a thing...

Old 09-23-2016, 11:22 PM   #9784
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Is it a GT350R?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:36 PM   #9785
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Is it a GT350R?
Not an R, just a GT350. 2017
Old 09-24-2016, 12:23 AM   #9786
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Not an R, just a GT350. 2017
Wow congrats, lol I am about to pick up a Fiesta ST. I just love the way it drives and I do a lot of cross state driving so a fun car that gets good gas mileage seemed like a good idea.
Oh and ya the BMW is probably leaving the stable. Make way for an Iconic Datsun, it's fast becoming time to get back to the car that really was my first Sports car.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 09-24-2016 at 04:37 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:35 AM   #9787
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Wow congrats, lol I am about to pick up a Firsta ST. I just love the way it drives and I do a lot of cross state driving so a fun car that gets good gas mileage seemed like a good idea.
Oh and ya the BMW is probably leaving the stable. Make way for an Iconic Datsun, it's fast becoming time to get back to the car that really was my first Sports car.
Thanks Dave. Yeah, I had to make an executive decision in letting my S13.5 project go in order to make room for the GT350. But its all good, I have plenty of fun with the two-tone as it is. I'll always own an S13.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:41 AM   #9788
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Well that's dope.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:35 AM   #9789
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
You were a R away from being a boss
Old 09-24-2016, 07:39 AM   #9790
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
You were a R away from being a boss
Yeah I know. Not only is it extremely hard to land an R, they are going for 20k+ over MSRP. Plus that is more track oriented model and this is more well suited as a daily driver. No regrets, it's an amazing vehicle!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:26 PM   #9791
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Nice pick up. Was there a good amount of markup if you dont mind me asking
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #9792
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Yeah I know. Not only is it extremely hard to land an R, they are going for 20k+ over MSRP. Plus that is more track oriented model and this is more well suited as a daily driver. No regrets, it's an amazing vehicle!

Did you get the track pack with mag suspension?
Old 09-24-2016, 04:57 PM   #9793
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Nice pick up. Was there a good amount of markup if you dont mind me asking
Majority of the dealers are not letting these go for MSRP. The one I bought from was willing to work with me and I got an MSRP deal. Had to travel to Kentucky to get it though (I'm in Florida).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Did you get the track pack with mag suspension?
2017 models come equipped standard with the track pack + tech pack combined, so it has the magneride. I also got the convenience package so it has a few other little tid bits.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:08 PM   #9794
future
Post Whore!

Nice score

I know that engine note is addicting

Plan on tracking? Or just keeping it low miles?
Old 09-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #9795
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Wow congrats, lol I am about to pick up a Fiesta ST. I just love the way it drives and I do a lot of cross state driving so a fun car that gets good gas mileage seemed like a good idea.
just ordered a couple of goodies for mine.
Getting rid of the stupid sound sym"poser".

Doesn't the mustang have one of those too?

Also, just read up on the latest (May 2016) info on the new S2K.
Sounds promising. Inline 4 with a turbo (same motor as the new civic R), hopefully putting down 300hp/300tq.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:52 PM   #9796
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudermagee View Post
just ordered a couple of goodies for mine.
Getting rid of the stupid sound sym"poser".

Doesn't the mustang have one of those too?

Also, just read up on the latest (May 2016) info on the new S2K.
Sounds promising. Inline 4 with a turbo (same motor as the new civic R), hopefully putting down 300hp/300tq.
Cool ya it's amazing how much aftermarket they have for the car. Plus the STOA driver academy which is pretty cool when you think about. It's pretty much like what Mazda did around the Miata. I am sure we are going to see a lot of FiST's in SCCA and NASA.

I can honestly say the FiST is one of the best drivers cars to come along in a long time. Not saying you can't find excellent cars for more money but bang for the buck it's got it.
If Toyoburu got their shit together in the engine department the FT86/BRZ would be completely in the same league but the FiST owns it in the engine department and delivers enough of a great drive that every reviewer this side of the sun loves it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #9797
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
$35k for the Miata RF launch models (first 1000 purchases basically).

Way too much considering the base trim will probably go for 3-4k below that. At least throw in the 2.5l. Nonetheless, very pretty car.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2017-ma...tailed-priced/
Old 09-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #9798
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
$35k for the Miata RF launch models (first 1000 purchases basically).

Way too much considering the base trim will probably go for 3-4k below that. At least throw in the 2.5l. Nonetheless, very pretty car.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2017-ma...tailed-priced/
It does look real nice, from the front and the side . Though from the rear quarter to straight behind it looks a bit odd. Also 35k is a reach given the power. You can buy so much more car in the 35k range .

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #9799
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
It does look real nice, from the front and the side . Though from the rear quarter to straight behind it looks a bit odd. Also 35k is a reach given the power. You can buy so much more car in the 35k range .
Agree on the rear 3/4 and rear view. But man that is a sexy car over all. It's definitely over priced. Can't wait to see one though!
Old 09-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #9800
Corbic
Post Whore!

Car looks okay. Proportions are all hooky.

Looks like a 2/3 car or something.

Then again, it's starting to look like an FD. Might as well buy the FD...
Old 09-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #9801
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Car looks okay. Proportions are all hooky.

Looks like a 2/3 car or something.

Then again, it's starting to look like an FD. Might as well buy the FD...
At least an FD will go up in value.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #9802
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
At least an FD will go up in value.
Mmmmmm, pretty sure these will too considering their rareness.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:51 AM   #9803
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Mmmmmm, pretty sure these will too considering their rareness.
Ya except FD is already going up. These won't go up for another 15-20 years.

As for supposed rareness...

most likely because Mazda will build a shit ton of the non special launch versions.
They are definitely not going to limit the hardtops to 1k because it will probably be a hit for them.
A hardtop that can be a Targa vert will have mass appeal.

So if you can stand holding onto one for 20 years possibly longer yes they will possibly go up in value except that if Mazda sells a ton of the hardtops that will dilute the increase.
s30 Z's took almost 35"years to become valuable enough to sell above their original asking price.
FD's are at and just past the 20 year mark and are shooting up due to low production numbers overall.

Just like E30 M3's low productions numbers are the key to rapid appreciation and like I said already , I don't see Mazda limitingmthe numbers because Miata's are their bread and butter sports car.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 09-28-2016, 05:11 AM   #9804
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Ya except FD is already going up. These won't go up for another 15-20 years.
Yeah but that's most cars. I wasn't comparing it to an FD at all just saying in general they'll be less common and probably be pricy down the road.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #9805
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Mustang refresh coming.I assume we'll see it in Detroit in Jan.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/09/27/r...spied-testing/
Old 09-28-2016, 08:33 AM   #9806
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:

really hope they don't fuck it up.

I think the current generation is the best styled car (exterior wise at least) in its price range and market.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:22 AM   #9807
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:

Dear god, please fix that fucking hood. That's the only thing wrong with the car, IMO.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #9808
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
is it just the height of the hood that you all dont like?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #9809
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
is it just the height of the hood that you all dont like?
Height of hood/ grill, rear end, dash.... and ford emblem, but that last one might just be me.

Sent from my SM-G930P
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #9810
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Dear god, please fix that fucking hood. That's the only thing wrong with the car, IMO.
This. There is one body line on it that I just don't like. The "horns" on the top of the fender. I know it's a styling queue from the first gen mustangs, but it makes the side profile look way to long and flat. It reminds me of the 71-73s. Its not enough to make me hate the car, but if that ridge was smoothed out, I'd like it much more.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote