Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
z3nkislid3

Trader Rating: (2)
z3nkislid3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ADAMS SIDEWAYS MAY 29th / FAIL

I was so exited about this event, I counted all my change to make sure i had extra $$ for a bite to eat at the event (because im poor lol) and made the 2 hour drive, i showed up at 8:00am on the dot and waited at the gate, I checked the Adams site from my phone and it said gates open at 8am ,Tech was at 9am around 8:30am a minivan showed up >.> at 9am a sick looking hatchiroku and a clean s2000 showed up , they drove around and found a security guard that informed them where the entrance gate was at, they came back and said we where at the right spot, after some time like 9:20 or 30 the same guys went and asked the guard what was going on, the guard called the Adams peeps, the security guard then said that the event was pulled because it was labor day weekend () thats what i want to be doing on my fucking day off (if i had a Job) ::Pretty shitty::they did not post this on their FB page or on the site. Oh and they will be cancelling next months as well because of school grads. wasted gas
z3nkislid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Boo hoo? Should have confirmed before even making the drive.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Yeah it would have helped to have called ahead,
however the business could have also offered the same courtesy.

to be fair, I've never called any track event organizers ahead to check if it's cancelled.
In this case it's pretty unprofessional of the company.
not like 'labor day' is some unforeseeable accident.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Speed Junky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Speed Junky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bummer.....
Speed Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
its not labor day weekend....
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #6
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
lol, whatever all 3-day weekends are the same to me.
see no practical reason to keep track of what's what.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
awww that sucks. there is always next time =)
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
lol, whatever all 3-day weekends are the same to me.
see no practical reason to keep track of what's what.
lol true. i'm still not sure what the difference between veterans' day and memorial day is.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
lol true. i'm still not sure what the difference between veterans' day and memorial day is.
one is for the veterans and the other is for the memorians race...DUH
Old 05-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #10
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
An event at WSIR is better value for the money compared to Adams FYI.
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Thats real shitty,
And the reason I 100% think the people at Adams are shitty, and they are the fucking hemroid of the drift community should be removed.

Dont waste time giving those Judas meth heads your money. They dont drift, or do motorsports, they just take our money and dont care to give back.

Thats real fucked up it was cancelled, and they made no attempt to let anyone know.
And guess what, they dont care.

Support race tracks and others involved in motorsports.
Not some busted ass go kart track that was made to make money off people, not to support motorsports.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbhuggerrps13 View Post
one is for the veterans and the other is for the memorians race...DUH
haha ah that makes sense. btw the indy 500 today was sweeeeet.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #13
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
its not labor day weekend....
this...it's Memorial Day weekend, not Labor Day weekend. Labor Day is in September.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #14
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Yeah it would have helped to have called ahead,
however the business could have also offered the same courtesy.

to be fair, I've never called any track event organizers ahead to check if it's cancelled.
In this case it's pretty unprofessional of the company.
not like 'labor day' is some unforeseeable accident.
Well the thread with the information has been stagnant. Several people posted up asking for updates and there has been zero response from the organizers. You would think that's a massive red flag and that if there is no confirmation or any kind of response form the organizer than an event is cancelled or not, that it's safe to assume it is cancelled. Especially when it's a small organizer like Adam's.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #15
kuelee
Zilvia Member

kuelee is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuck that, someone call the police...
kuelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
You should sue.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #17
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Well the thread with the information has been stagnant. Several people posted up asking for updates and there has been zero response from the organizers. You would think that's a massive red flag and that if there is no confirmation or any kind of response form the organizer than an event is cancelled or not, that it's safe to assume it is cancelled. Especially when it's a small organizer like Adam's.
Agreed to some extent, it should be a red flag if you kept up. I've never been a customer or potential customer for the said business, so I'm not sure how they operate. you could say the OP ought to have been more diligent in researching the company before handing over $, but at the same time it doesn't really excuse the company for lack for professionalism either.

Regardless, I think it's never a bad thing for members here to warn others of poor business experiences.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #18
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Well, money isn't handed over beforehand. It's an arrive and drive kind of thing, so money gets collected the morning of the event.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 AM   #19
JeKyL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
JeKyL is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was looking forward to this, I also called adams before heading out because i recalled the flyer said tentative

Last edited by JeKyL; 06-30-2011 at 02:19 AM..
JeKyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #20
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
One is for Veterans and Memorial day is a day to remember all Military personnel who gave their lives defending our country. One of those things everyone should know but schools don't teach like they used to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #21
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
One is for Veterans and Memorial day is a day to remember all Military personnel who gave their lives defending our country. One of those things everyone should know but schools don't teach like they used to.
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucks about adams. It would have been best to call ahead instead of assuming they are open, it is a memorial day weekend and a lot of businesses take a 3 day break. But Adam's should have put a sign up or something at the very least...
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #22
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
drift2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Thats real shitty,
And the reason I 100% think the people at Adams are shitty, and they are the fucking hemroid of the drift community should be removed.

Dont waste time giving those Judas meth heads your money. They dont drift, or do motorsports, they just take our money and dont care to give back.

Thats real fucked up it was cancelled, and they made no attempt to let anyone know.

Not some busted ass go kart track that was made to make money off people, not to support motorsports.
100% AGREED!!!:bowr ofl:
drift2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #23
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

yes but this busted old go kart track is one of the few places to go for some decent runs. sure they can be asses from time to time but it keeps some people off the streets.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #24
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Not everyone can afford to go to HTM let alone the drive up there even their cars to make it up there.

Adams is the next best thing in so-cal keeping the new drivers off the street.

Who cares if they're not involve with drifting. Big deal. They give the community a place to play safely and law-enforcement free.

But yeah organizers shoulda thought about the event carefully. sucks.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #25
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i miss when they where a legit kart track, probably different owners back then.. used to have mad fun renting the karts and racing my buddies there...
Old 06-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #26
JeKyL
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
JeKyL is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i think the owners were always the same they just changed their name to motorsports park because they allowed other forms of driving/riding to use their track in order to make money

Last edited by JeKyL; 06-10-2011 at 08:22 PM..
JeKyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #27
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

Karting can only make u so much money. Bills need to be paid.how do u thinking bar and Nite club owners feel? People need their fix
Old 06-14-2011, 04:14 AM   #28
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
I haven't had any bad experiences w/ the Adams personal.
non the less that is very shitty. because i also have never "called ahead" for any event.
the people in charge should have notified the potential clients.

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #29
lost240soul
Zilvia Addict

lost240soul is on the path to ruinlost240soul is on the path to ruinlost240soul is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Thats real shitty,

totally with u on that note ive personally done both types of events and the 626drift events are waaaaaaaayyy better than adams .. now dont get me wrong riley is a super cool dude and helps alot but willow springs venues are by far the bests..you get alot of track time and alot of help .. those are usually held by people who eat sleep and breath drifting..not like adams were its one guy that actually does that and everyone else is just their for shits and giggles ..
lost240soul is offline   Reply With Quote