Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 01:29 PM   #1
bruinlax22

Trader Rating: (0)
bruinlax22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bruinlax22
SPEC Clutches

What's up guys? I had my 5 speed swap done a while ago, and it's been a nightmare ever since. My mechanic and I have been trying to figure this problem out since the start. I even bought another manual trans and had it swapped in. I just recently dropped my car of to my mechanic AGAIN to have the T/O bearing changed to a Nissan OEM one, and he found out what the problem has been all along. A defective SPEC Stage 2 clutch disk. On the friction side, the friction material separated from the main hub of the disk, the rivets holding it on sheared off for no reason, well besides it being defective that is. I got on the phone with SPEC and they are sending me a brand new SPEC Stage 2 Plus kit, which is the next one up from the Stage 2 which I had. They knew it was defective as soon as they saw the pics, because they didn't even ask questions, they were quick to send me just a new disk, but I got them to send a whole new kit. But they wouldn't even express ship it. Overall, I'm very unhappy with my SPEC experience thus far and I feel that they should have been willing to do more to make me happy. Click Here ---> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705203/4 to see pictures of the defective disk. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...
Old 10-28-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
RSP13-Sideways
Zilvia Addict

RSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to RSP13-Sideways
So maybe I don't understand. You had a defective clutch (which happens) and SPEC:

1. Agreed it was defective

2. Sent you out a Spec2 Plus kit (which probably costs more but they're covering the costs I'm assuming)

3. Paying for shipping back to you

What's with the thumbs down? I would give SPEC props on good customer service. As a consumer you have to understand that defective products happens every now and then along with shipping damage and missing parts. You're being overly critical about the overnight shipping, if you need it that bad pay them extra for overnight and stop whining.

You should give your dumbass mechanic the thumbs down for not finding the problem the first time. He suggested you buy a whole new transmission because he overlooked the clutch on his initial review. Usually you start with the small items first and if it doesn't fix it then go to the big problems. He just jumped straight to a whole new transmission. Congrats, he sucks!

The bottom line? You suck. :hammer:

WTB: Nothing at the moment. LEWL
WTS: Everything sold, thanks folks!
Old 10-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #3
TheSpeedFactor
Leaky Injector

TheSpeedFactor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSpeedFactor
Spec Clutches Sold 70+
Spec Clutches Reported Bad 2
Old 10-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
TheSpeedFactor
Leaky Injector

TheSpeedFactor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSpeedFactor
well 3 now.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #5
tchenku
Zilvia Member

tchenku is making a name for him/her selftchenku is making a name for him/her selftchenku is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to tchenku
ain't nothing wrong with Spec clutches! i've purchased a total of 2 clutches from them so far and no problems. shit happens, so go whin to your mama.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:31 PM   #6
Irukandji
Post Whore!

Irukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfectionIrukandji is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Irukandji
hmm im having a hard time wondering why you gave them a thumbs down. You said they were quick to send you a new product, which is awesome news for you. Even though you may be experiencing a little down time, shit happens, and atleast Spec is sending you a brand new clutch.

I dunno I've always been impressed with Spec Clutches
Old 10-28-2005, 08:49 PM   #7
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
You're a fool. You got a defect and are giving the company a thumbs down because they're sending out a new one and taking every REASONABLE step to make you happy? You should not tear apart a transmission to install a new clutch without inspecting everything to be installed. In which case, you'd catch the problem, and not need overnight shipping. I think you're an impossible to please idiot, who can't follow forum rules.
-Jeff
Old 10-28-2005, 08:51 PM   #8
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
I removed the thumbs down sign, so that users wanting info about spec clutches will read this post, rather than see the icon and make up their mind.
-Jeff