Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #661
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchok View Post
i would be very interested in diagrams/drawings... great work as always
No Problem, I will do it in sections I will give up the specs on the Board first (after it is complete), then the wiring harness and how it was routed/terminated (EZ wiring 20 circuit mini harness) and linked into the wiring harness and then finally when it is all said and done... The switches I used (do not get to excited, I am eliminating ALL stock switches from the mix.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 04:20 PM   #662
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
no relay for fuel pump/ecu??? or is this borad strictly chasis wiring???
Old 09-20-2008, 04:24 PM   #663
1ZlowZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute1ZlowZ has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Snap some pictures of the car of how it is right now. Its been a little over a year since it started. I bet it looks great.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #664
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
no relay for fuel pump/ecu??? or is this borad strictly chasis wiring???
THis is strictly chasis wiring at this point. BUT, fuel pumps, brake light, and a couple others will be put on a board in the rear of the car while the ECU and a few other little accessories do not really need Relays due to the lack of pwer draw as a result of this little set up here.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #665
el ocho
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
el ocho is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wat kind of wheel are those...those are sex
Old 09-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #666
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ocho View Post
wat kind of wheel are those...those are sex
Rays 57 Pro
Old 09-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #667
Oo_Skyline_oO
BANNED

Oo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud ofOo_Skyline_oO has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Oo_Skyline_oO
very nice man, is theer some sort of ETA on this???
Old 09-20-2008, 05:02 PM   #668
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_Skyline_oO View Post
very nice man, is theer some sort of ETA on this???
I used to set timelines, but with work being what it is and family life being what it is, I just kind of go with what I can get done when I do it.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #669
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Any interest in this?

Old 09-21-2008, 02:54 AM   #670
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Any interest in this?

Once upone a time there was interest something like that, but for now, I am undecided as to whether or not I will run datalogging on that level or not.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:03 AM   #671
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
glad to see this alive and well. great work on the board there.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:11 AM   #672
Boostin on you
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Boostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Epic baller build!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:34 AM   #673
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
I think a decent gauge setup would be close in price to a full iq3 setup. Come on, do it.

Please!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:36 AM   #674
Boostin on you
BANNED

Boostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymoreBoostin on you is not welcome here anymore
hands down best build thread on zilvia

PERIOD!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:37 AM   #675
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Ben G is an unknown quantity at this point
that motor is what sets this build off
Old 09-21-2008, 05:26 AM   #676
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
I think a decent gauge setup would be close in price to a full iq3 setup. Come on, do it.

Please!
I was thinking more along the lines of datalogging without a display. We will see where it goes though. I may end up running something through the ECU and then some stand alone sensors here and there. I had a Stack Dash Logger for it a while back but sold it because I wanted to streamline it even more. I am sure whatever I decide to use will be soem good shit.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #677
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
awesome stuff as always man.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #678
Leo-kun
Zilvia Member

Leo-kun is an unknown quantity at this point
This has to be one of the sexiest S15's ever! Good job man on the build so far!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:23 AM   #679
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Here are some pics of the front board completed and a basic diagram.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #680
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
That looks like a time bomb.
AWESOME
Old 09-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #681
mxsx25
Zilvia Junkie

mxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-knownmxsx25 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to mxsx25
wow such an amazing car... truly can't wait to see the chassis put back together and obviously the whole car... props on the bodywork too it looks flawless, much unlike my work lol.. keep up the amazing work man.. cant wait to see some more updates
Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #682
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
I did something very similar (moved the fuse box to the glove compartment area, then decided I really wanted to ditch it and the SMJ, so made my own standalone engine and chassis harnesses), but I left out relays for the headlights:
1) OEM didn't use a relay, the switch is rated for 20A on each circuit (lows and highs), HIDs use 1/5th of that, tops? Reg lamps use 1/3?
2) Lots of added equipment with switches/relays, and the extra terminal room.

I wanted mine to stay as small/simple as possible.

Show us the whole car!

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #683
spartanic
Leaky Injector

spartanic is an unknown quantity at this point
Simply awesome. So clean you can eat off the engine.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #684
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
I did something very similar (moved the fuse box to the glove compartment area, then decided I really wanted to ditch it and the SMJ, so made my own standalone engine and chassis harnesses), but I left out relays for the headlights:
1) OEM didn't use a relay, the switch is rated for 20A on each circuit (lows and highs), HIDs use 1/5th of that, tops? Reg lamps use 1/3?
2) Lots of added equipment with switches/relays, and the extra terminal room.

I wanted mine to stay as small/simple as possible.

Show us the whole car!
I wanted to do something similar but I went for overkill instead of under kill. I wanted to alleviate some of the issues I was seeing with friends who had used after market harnesses and the like and make everything work reliably. Being that this is my first time doing wiring like this I figure I did alright but I definitely learned enough just in this small part to make some improvements in how I do things in the future.

I will put up pictures of the whole in a few weeks. I am waiting on some parts and some other things to happen (found some discrepencies in the paint that have to be fixed) and did not want to post any pictures of the whole car until it was close to a rolling chasis. So next time I put pictures of the whole car up, it should have the sway bars in it, subframe brace, wheels and brakes installed and a couple other little items done.

For now I will stick to one section at a time and move nice and methodical through this thing so I do nto blow myself up later on
Old 09-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #685
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
quick question, if its to complicated to post pm if you'd like. i'm just curious as how you are bringing it back to the states. i wasnt sure how the whole shipping of track car works. i'm very interested though. i'm debating on taking orders to oki now lol. good luck and beautiful car.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:32 AM   #686
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
quick question, if its to complicated to post pm if you'd like. i'm just curious as how you are bringing it back to the states. i wasnt sure how the whole shipping of track car works. i'm very interested though. i'm debating on taking orders to oki now lol. good luck and beautiful car.

I have 2 or 3 ideas on what to do but have not made a decision on it. I really do not want to get into a discussion on importing this car back as we all know that it is not on an eligibility list so I am not going to be doing it traditionally.

All I can say is research because if it is worth your money it is definitely worth your time.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 AM   #687
vaughn4
Zilvia Member

vaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to beholdvaughn4 is a splendid one to behold
like your attention to detail. maybe you covered this before but, where will this relay panel be located? im guessing in your dash somewhere. any pictures?

all you need is a fender puller, some zip ties, and a blog.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:15 AM   #688
Axi$

Axi$ is an unknown quantity at this point
That's awesome i've been looking for your project for many months, and also building BN Sports Silvia. Of course not the same class of perfection but i took some ideas from your project. Thank you

If you don't mind, i attach one picture of mine:
Old 09-30-2008, 01:34 AM   #689
blu808
Post Whore!

WOW! Sexy S15. Esp from Russia. Good job man. Perfect for the Halloween season.

Looks nice.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:08 AM   #690
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axi$ View Post
That's awesome i've been looking for your project for many months, and also building BN Sports Silvia. Of course not the same class of perfection but i took some ideas from your project. Thank you
damn! Russia in the house. That bodywork looks reeeeeeeeeeal nice.

not a big fan or the paint scheme, but i still love it.

CursedGTR...Lookin forward to seeing some shots of the car in completeness
Closed Thread