Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-22-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kirkey Racing Seats

Just out of curiousity.

Has anyone sat in a kirkey racing seat?

I was wondering how comfortable they are.

They sure do look like they HOLD YOU IN really well though, and plus points for being ugly.

Maeda
Old 02-22-2005, 09:22 PM   #2
TK
Zilvia Junkie

TK is an unknown quantity at this point
being made of aluminum its not quite the lazy boy seat, but you can slide over a slip cover over it, but it really doesn't do much.

i think for a track car it should work, i wouldn't daily drive in one although i know of a guy that does lol
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Maeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura aboutMaeda has a spectacular aura about
How much worse is it then a "lightly" paded corbeau..?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
MrSkinny
Zilvia Member

MrSkinny is an unknown quantity at this point
how much?>
Old 02-22-2005, 10:02 PM   #5
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Which kirkey are you looking at? Cuz some of their seats have literally no padding at all.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #6
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Right now i'm looking at...
Ultrashield Rally (with cover) & Kirkey Intermediate Road Race (also with cover)

It sure does look like neither of them have real padding... but neither does my corbeau really...
Old 02-23-2005, 12:23 AM   #7
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
On the kirkey I saw in person, I'd say the seat padding was equivalent in thickness to a cheap office chair. The side and head padding was equivalent to an oven mitt.............so not very much padding at all.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:02 AM   #8
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
good thing i have some of my own padding. LOL
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:37 AM   #9
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
works fine for a race car, would work in a pinch for the street but uncomfortable imo. Most low end race seats feel the same to my ass.

You need to mount the seat with a back brace though...roll bar, harness...to be truely streetable. Not worth it imo.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #10
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
The Deluxe Road Race seat is actually pretty comfy..
Old 02-23-2005, 11:54 AM   #11
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Oh yah? The ultrashield deluxe road race seat?
I'm assuming you sat in in sykikchimp?

That ones just a metal bucket with padded cloth right?

o.O
Old 02-23-2005, 12:14 PM   #12
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeda
Right now i'm looking at...
Ultrashield Rally (with cover) & Kirkey Intermediate Road Race (also with cover)

It sure does look like neither of them have real padding... but neither does my corbeau really...
what corbeau seat(s) do you have?

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #13
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeda
Oh yah? The ultrashield deluxe road race seat?
I'm assuming you sat in in sykikchimp?

That ones just a metal bucket with padded cloth right?

o.O

no it has foam padding everywhere.. I sat in one at an hpde I went too.

http://www.kirkeyracing.com/43000seat.html

comfy for a race seat.. still a little harsh for a daily driver. It's a pain in the ass to get in and out of them b/c of the rib support.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:59 PM   #14
Maeda
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi
what corbeau seat(s) do you have?
Forza. It's good for the price, but im not fat enough to fill it all up....
Old 11-25-2016, 09:45 PM   #15
1993fdrx7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
1993fdrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
What rails are you using to mount these in a 240?
1993fdrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:52 AM   #16
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Kirkey's are not meant for anything other than track regardless what it says. After a decent distance, it'll feel like you're sitting on a park bench. Your ass will start to hurt and everything else. Not only that but it doesn't exactly offer much protection should some unfortunate accident happened.

Things that keep you alive like seats, steering wheels, seat belts and suspension bits should not be cheaped on. If one of these things were to fail, you'd wish you spent a little more time and money on something that you know will stand up to what it's designed for.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:18 PM   #17
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993fdrx7 View Post
What rails are you using to mount these in a 240?
that 11 year old thread bump though, they are side mount seats so any side mount rails with the right brackets will work, you can get brackets from kirkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Kirkey's are not meant for anything other than track regardless what it says. After a decent distance, it'll feel like you're sitting on a park bench. Your ass will start to hurt and everything else. Not only that but it doesn't exactly offer much protection should some unfortunate accident happened.

Things that keep you alive like seats, steering wheels, seat belts and suspension bits should not be cheaped on. If one of these things were to fail, you'd wish you spent a little more time and money on something that you know will stand up to what it's designed for.
ive never gone on a long road trip in one but an hour or so in one that has the padded cover isnt bad and you do realize kirkey seats are used in circle track and drag cars that get wrecked at way faster speeds than your typical s chassis will be doing correct? lol
1988montecarloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 06:04 AM   #18
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Yes, but those cars have much, much more reinforcement than you'll be running. Hence the statement I made. The things that keep you safe was a broad statement not directly aimed at just the seat.

That plus the comfort is going to be pretty rough.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:45 AM   #19
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Lmao. Every time I hear this brand the first thing to pop up into my mind is a disabled person in a ghetto wheelchair. The philosophy of some people is beyond retarded. Let's "save" a few bucks on this ghetto looking seat only to end up spending thousands, years later at the chiropractor (who will gladly suck all your finances out) Don't you guys realize what kind of long term effect this seat will have on your spine? I own a sparco pro 2000. The padding on it is great and can't even be compared to that Kirky trash and still I won't dare to daily in my sparco
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #20
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
This is ignorant. You're right about them being uncomfortable but you lost all credibility here.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:10 AM   #21
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
The trick with most of the aluminum seats is that you're supposed to run a back brace.

Also, Ultra Shield seats are lots more comfortable than Kirkey seats, in my experience.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:55 AM   #22
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
anything other than racing or competitive driving id pass
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:47 AM   #23
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
This is ignorant. You're right about them being uncomfortable but you lost all credibility here.
How is that ignorant? You're saying cheaping on safety items is okay? I'm confused.