Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #1
wew

Trader Rating: (0)
wew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 sr20det with s13 stuff

I have an s13 sr20det in my car right now and all the matching harnesses/ecu to go with it. My question is that if I were to buy an s14 sr20det, can I still use the same harness and ecu as my s13 stuff? I know ecu wise the s14 ecu only works with the s14 harness and s13 ecu works with the s13 harness. I'm strictly talking s14 engine with s13 harness and ecu.
wew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2016, 05:04 AM   #2
ItsNotMitch

ItsNotMitch is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think you'll run into any problems. I can't remember if the s14 runs a stock MAP sensor, if it does that's the only issue I can think of.
ItsNotMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:19 AM   #3
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Just get matching ecu and harness.... what u have shouldn't just match up
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:03 AM   #4
ItsNotMitch

ItsNotMitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Just get matching ecu and harness.... what u have shouldn't just match up
This would be the RIGHT way to do it, but sometimes that's not always an option
ItsNotMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #5
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
I don't see why... if you're spending money... do it once do it right
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #6
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Oh, you mean. right if i do it once, but, i got money? Got it makes perfect nonsense. I can afford to do it stupidly. So, why not?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #7
wew

I was just asking because I have an s13 sr20 already in my s13 with and ecu tune. Just asking if it was possible to do with s13 harness and ecu on s14 sr20 but if it's not I was planning on doing everything the right way anyways. Just checking so I didn't have to go spend extra money.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #8
S13MATT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
S13MATT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Mechanically I don't think there would be in issue. They only thing I can think of that would be an issue is S13 and S14 SR Idle Air Controller Valve plugs are different and the S13 SR harnesss doesn't have a plug for the S14 SR VTC. But save your self some headaches and go with a S14 SR Harness
S13MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:01 PM   #9
LayNLow
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
LayNLow is making a name for him/her selfLayNLow is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13MATT View Post
Mechanically I don't think there would be in issue. They only thing I can think of that would be an issue is S13 and S14 SR Idle Air Controller Valve plugs are different and the S13 SR harnesss doesn't have a plug for the S14 SR VTC. But save your self some headaches and go with a S14 SR Harness
This. I am doing this myself as well, I had a S13SR with nistune, ended up buying a S14 block and head and rebuilding it, and now I am keeping the S13 harness and ecu because its already wired, and it has nistune. The difference is the IACV is wired up differently.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:20 PM   #10
wew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayNLow View Post
This. I am doing this myself as well, I had a S13SR with nistune, ended up buying a S14 block and head and rebuilding it, and now I am keeping the S13 harness and ecu because its already wired, and it has nistune. The difference is the IACV is wired up differently.
This is exactly the situation I'm in, I have an rs-enthalpy tune on my s13 ecu already so I figured I would ask if I could use my s13 stuff.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:02 AM   #11
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wew View Post
My question is that if I were to buy an s14 sr20det, can I still use the same harness and ecu as my s13 stuff? I know ecu wise the s14 ecu only works with the s14 harness and s13 ecu works with the s13 harness. I'm strictly talking s14 engine with s13 harness and ecu.
The answer here is no.
Could you repin your harness and make some of the s14 stuff work? Short answer. yes, and thats where it gets stupid. That part isn't even the hard part.
The hard part is figuring out if you're going to get an s14 ecu and harness or repin it back to stock or just trash it etc. Because it runs like crap. You could just sell to some unsuspecting noob, who comes to zilvia! Your options are endless.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:29 AM   #12
gaz_moose
Zilvia Member

gaz_moose is an unknown quantity at this point
how is your s13 ecu going to control the VVT?
gaz_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:54 AM   #13
LayNLow
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
LayNLow is making a name for him/her selfLayNLow is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz_moose View Post
how is your s13 ecu going to control the VVT?
It doesn't, a lot of them dont work, or fail anyway.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:28 AM   #14
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
if you don't engage the vtc the gear will empty of oil and start to knock as if the engine has a rod knock.

dont try mixing harnesses, engines or computers. those parts are very cheap and there is no excuse, even for a poor person like myself. It is literally the reason why I have a 240 to begin with, because that is the only car that I can afford to do right with $0 income. It really throws me in a loop when people tell me they can't afford to do a basic swapped 240 correctly. You must have a negative income, or underpants gnomes are stealing your salt.