Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
Garage Skidz

Trader Rating: (0)
Garage Skidz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR Can i reuse these Wiseco pistons?

I bought a 240 for cheap with a built sr20 but previous owner said it had a bad bottom end noise. So as i disassembled the engine i found that it ran without the oil pump drive gear attached, so no oil at all (however the engine only idled for 5 or so minutes). 3 of the rods were fine so i figure i can reuse them without a problem. Three of pistons are not worn too bad and was wondering if i could reuse them or not. i got one new 87mm piston and measured the skirts with a caliper and they are close but slightly worn down from the lack of oil. they are supposed to be 87mm at the base of the skirt as i measured with the new one but they are 86.95mm on the other 3.

this is a budget build so i would like to replace the least that i have to and pistons are expensive.

So my question is, will .05mm be a big difference? Will that cause piston slap or will i be ok? Can i just lightly sand these smooth and be ok? Has anyone done this and it work?

new vs #2 piston

#2 up close

Garage Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links