Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #31
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Clean title two-tone lives on!
Old 07-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #32
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Congrats on the clean title.

My miata is clean title, but really really really shouldn't be lol because racecar.

silvia front end time?
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #33
economix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
economix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just an idea, and most folks should apply this thinking at least since our vehicles (240s) are significantly under-valued given the work we put into them. Have your car appraised. Grab what receipts you have, work with the appraiser and let them know the time you have into it and anything else you can think of. You'll ultimately pay more to insure your vehicle, but it puts a greater value on your vehicle should you wreck it or you're put into this situation in the future again, you'll be compensated accordingly.

Just a thought moving forward if you don't want that sort of headache again.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #34
bc.
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
Alright guys i got an update, my car is staying clean title! She is going to pay me the estimate amount of $1950 and call it a day and i'm happy with that. Thanks for all the advice, heres some pics of damage, like i said very minor. Time for silvia front maybe
Who the fuck appraised that damage to $1950????? Wow. I can't believe she paid you that out of pocket either, it's your lucky fucking day dude, don't spend it all in one place.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #35
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by economix View Post
Just an idea, and most folks should apply this thinking at least since our vehicles (240s) are significantly under-valued given the work we put into them. Have your car appraised. Grab what receipts you have, work with the appraiser and let them know the time you have into it and anything else you can think of. You'll ultimately pay more to insure your vehicle, but it puts a greater value on your vehicle should you wreck it or you're put into this situation in the future again, you'll be compensated accordingly.

Just a thought moving forward if you don't want that sort of headache again.
This guy knows what he is talking about. Don't wait until an accident to address this issue. Talk about it before and get an appraisal before. I personally put together an 11 page pdf document showing parts etc etc etc for my insurance company (State Farm) and therefore if anything ever happens to the car I will get $8,000 no questions asked. Appraisal companies will put the same thing together for you for a couple hundred dollars.
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #36
economix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
economix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^^ worth every bit of the extra time and cost IF/WHEN something goes awry ^^^
Old 07-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #37
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
Who the fuck appraised that damage to $1950????? Wow. I can't believe she paid you that out of pocket either, it's your lucky fucking day dude, don't spend it all in one place.

I agree the damage to my car is very minimal, but you have to remember when the insurance company appraises stuff they dont buy parts of CL or junkyards, plus the door and hood would have to be blended with the new paint. KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS EVERYONE, this is very important, keep all your receipts they will help if this ever happens to you.

Agree with the people in this thread, have the car appraised with receipts and you should have no problem with insurance company BS.

Edit: when i say she is paying me, i meant the insurance company is cutting me a check. I would not want someone to pay that much out of pocket.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #38
Slippin'eight-nine
Leaky Injector

Slippin'eight-nine is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice! Im glad that worked out for you! Time for some upgrades
Old 07-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #39
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Turned out for the better, silvia front now and lose that poor pignose!
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #40
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
*Puts on Insurance Adjuster Hat*

Zilvia there is a simple way to avoid incidents like this. Find an insurance company that will allow you to insure your car and the parts that are on it. Most companies call it endorsing. Basically underwriting your car for what you paid to have in it***. If your car is worth $2000 and you endorse $5000 worth of parts if an accident happens you have a value of $7000.

Do this and choose the lowest deductible your company has. That way if something happens like it did to OP you can toss them 25-100 bucks and boom no worries about your car being totaled. Then your company will subrogate (go after the other company for your deductible and monies they paid out) the other company and all is good.

Not all companies will do this. Ask you agent/service department whether they will or not.

***Note I said what you have paid for. They won't care if your aero cost $2000 new. If you paid $1000 for it they will most likely consider it's value $1000. Though some companies will haggle it with you.

*Mod hat back on*
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #41
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I showed my insurance $10k of receipts and got $5000 back. The accident was my fault. Core support was fucked. I bought a new shell for $800, spent the rest on new parts...

Win/win.

Who cares if you get a salvaged title.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #42
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The person buying your car
WristWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #43
wattupbaii
Leaky Injector

wattupbaii is an unknown quantity at this point
Its really simple, you're getting 2k for a salvage tittle. If you decide to sell the car later on you may get a grand less because someone bitching about the tittle but you still got another grand of free money.
Take a plunger to the fender and pull it out, thats not deep. I had a dent in my rear fender that was 8 inches in and i pulled it out with a pulley and a hammer. That aint nothing, dont waste your money on a new fender thats an easy fix.
wattupbaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #44
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
My friend that works in insurance/body shop field said for MOST CARS, each panel damaged is going to be roughly 1k.

Buying NEW OEM parts (is expensive, we all know that), then shipping them, paying a shop for LABOR (in Cali = $$$), time, materials, etc. Comes out to about $1k per panel.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #45
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Go buy a lotto ticket!
Its your lucky freaking day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #46
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
nooo sil front...chuki front
Old 07-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #47
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakville View Post
nooo sil front...chuki front
^ this guy is drunk, don't listen to him. Sil front and keep it a two-tone.

/end thread
Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #48
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
damn 1950 for that?
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #49
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Well, I got a buddy who's about to go thru Hagerty. He said so far he's quoted roughly $680 for 6 months on a 90 Foxbody that he's trying to insure for $12K. If he wrecks, Hagerty will pay him out the $12K. Only catch is this car can't be his DD and thats for 10K miles for the year. Still don't think its bad...if he wants more mileage, he'd pay like $30-40 more/6 months.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #50
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Welcome to the reality of 240 ownership. A scratch on your fender will salvage it. You only have two options:

1: Don't go through insurance. Pay out of pocket and hopefully the person who hit you will be willing to re-inburse your expense. This is not likely as that's what insurance is for and the person who hit you probably won't be willing to pay out of pocket for something their insurance will cover.

2: Let the insurance company salvage it. You can buy the car back off them for waaaayyyyyyyy less than their declared value. Use the leftover money to repair the damage and deal with having a salvage title.

This is how insurance works, you have no other options. The insurance company is not going to change their mind on what the car is worth regardless of what you say...

This is why you need specialty insurance. You can get anything insured for just about anything. They will simply have an auditor evaluate the vehicle and put together a report. However you will pay the going rate for that value.

So yes, you could insure your car at a value of $16k - but expect to pay $160 a month instead of $55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Well, I got a buddy who's about to go thru Hagerty. He said so far he's quoted roughly $680 for 6 months on a 90 Foxbody that he's trying to insure for $12K. If he wrecks, Hagerty will pay him out the $12K. Only catch is this car can't be his DD and thats for 10K miles for the year. Still don't think its bad...if he wants more mileage, he'd pay like $30-40 more/6 months.
bingo.

msg

OP - you sure that car hasn't been wrecked before?

Headlight lids don't match and the headlight brackets are red...
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #51
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
As far as i know the car has never been wrecked, i had it since 07, and i swapped headlight assemblies cause both my motors went out. I've heard of Hagerty, and 10k miles a year isnt bad at all when your cluster doesnt work.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #52
Moncef
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Moncef will become famous soon enoughMoncef will become famous soon enoughMoncef will become famous soon enoughMoncef will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
As far as i know the car has never been wrecked, i had it since 07, and i swapped headlight assemblies cause both my motors went out. I've heard of Hagerty, and 10k miles a year isnt bad at all when your cluster doesnt work.
LOL

msglength
Moncef is offline   Reply With Quote