Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: RB or SR in 240sx?
RB 94 42.15%
SR 129 57.85%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 09:29 AM   #31
Bbandit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Bbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Bbandit Send a message via AIM to Bbandit
SR.. it makes more sense

==>>TGL GARAGE<<==.. RIP!
S13 coupe KA-T @ 0.5 Bar = SOLD!
A31 Cefiro + SR = Current
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2004, 07:00 AM   #32
M.Piedlourde
Zilvia Member

M.Piedlourde is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sama
KA... Speed insnt everything... Plus the 2,000+ you speed could be put toward buying tires an brake pads

I'm with this guy. Why no option to just stick with the KA?
Old 06-04-2004, 09:35 PM   #33
goofynick6
Leaky Injector

goofynick6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to goofynick6
Because when you up the boost and blow the ka, you get greedy and end up building the whole thing, and the money and time spent doing it could go toward a newer engine that was built for boost and would withstand more than 10-12 psi safely.

Nick
Ground Control Coilovers, Koni Yellows, Rear strut brace, Subframe spacers, 17x8 and 17x9 Racing Sparco wheels, Pro-Car Racing seats, Stainless clutch line, Axxis Ultimate pads, Energy Susp. Bushing Kit, S15 front

Engine Mods: 11lb Fidanza flywheel, XTD 6 puck clutch, 65mm TB, Custom intake manifold, Hybrid FMIC kit, T3/T04E 57 trim turbo, Tial 38mm wg, 3" downpipe with 3" electronic cutout, 550cc injectors, Z32 MAF, EPROM Emulator, Wideband, HKS bov, etc
Old 06-05-2004, 02:38 AM   #34
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I gave a kid with an RB the thubs down last night.

200lbs extra in front...

KA is best for touge and drift. Instant power and easy to control.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #35
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
almost everyone in this thread keeps reffering to RB.. WHICH ONE? only a few have been specific about which rb engine they are talking about. which rb engine adds 200 pounds to the front? the poll reads

RB or SR?

which rb?
Old 06-05-2004, 02:33 PM   #36
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
They all add 200lbs. RB, although compact, is still a 6 banger, and therefore bigger and heavier.

RB20 and RB25 are nothing special really. The RB26 has all the extra bottom end strengthening that made the RB series so popular. I guess you can say the RB20 and RB25 are just riding on the wave of the RB26's popularity.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:36 PM   #37
rps13 SR
Zilvia Member

rps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymorerps13 SR is not welcome here anymore
2jz is better...
Old 06-06-2004, 07:21 PM   #38
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

... or L28et That's a good Nissan inline 6.

180hp non-intercooled. Not bad for 1981!
Old 06-06-2004, 08:39 PM   #39
goofynick6
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl
They all add 200lbs. RB, although compact, is still a 6 banger, and therefore bigger and heavier.

RB20 and RB25 are nothing special really. The RB26 has all the extra bottom end strengthening that made the RB series so popular. I guess you can say the RB20 and RB25 are just riding on the wave of the RB26's popularity.
Yet again, the perfect example of the guy who starts rumors and spreads bad information because he obviously hasn't read anything.

No, not all RB's add 200, and adding 200 depends on if you had auto or manual before hand. The rb20 is a lot lighter than the rb25 because the transmission is like the sr's and ka's, and is smaller than the rb25's.

On top of that, 90% of guys who add these engines place them properly, and notice no ill-effects on their handling of their car; the power makes up for the extra weight and then some.

Why give someone thumbs down because they're different and probably will make more power with less mods than you? You seem like a dick; you should be giving him thumbs up for being different and having an engine that doesn't sound like ass...

Nick
Ground Control Coilovers, Koni Yellows, Rear strut brace, Subframe spacers, 17x8 and 17x9 Racing Sparco wheels, Pro-Car Racing seats, Stainless clutch line, Axxis Ultimate pads, Energy Susp. Bushing Kit, S15 front

Engine Mods: 11lb Fidanza flywheel, XTD 6 puck clutch, 65mm TB, Custom intake manifold, Hybrid FMIC kit, T3/T04E 57 trim turbo, Tial 38mm wg, 3" downpipe with 3" electronic cutout, 550cc injectors, Z32 MAF, EPROM Emulator, Wideband, HKS bov, etc
Old 06-06-2004, 08:40 PM   #40
goofynick6
Leaky Injector

and oh yeah.."rb20 and rb25 are nothing special"

Is that why people have made 600rwhp on stock internal rb25's? And 500rwhp on stock internal rb20's? And that's w/o a bunch of headwork and stuff like the sr guys do that make that much on stock internals.

Sorry man, but stick to what you know from now on..

Nick
Old 06-06-2004, 08:42 PM   #41
goofynick6
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I gave a kid with an RB the thubs down last night.

200lbs extra in front...

KA is best for touge and drift. Instant power and easy to control.

Yeah, and we all know how much touge driving we do here in the states...
Old 06-07-2004, 07:39 AM   #42
nissantuner22
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (-1)
nissantuner22 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nissantuner22
I'm torn between the 2 myself. Its very tempting to get an RB20DET, as my car is mostly a daily driver that gets "sprited driving" from point A to B. The only thing really stopping me from the RB swap though is the parts supply. With an SR20 I can get whatever I want, with an RB, its kind of intimadating. What if something craps out on the car? than i gotta wait for parts. ugh.

anyone daily driving an RB now and can comment on its reliability and drivability?

Current Project: Operation: N/A SR: 93 Silvia Q SR20DE Engine with go fast goodies. ,
"Common problems 240sx's suffer from are curbs, trees, ditches, and other immovable objects."thx247

"on the tounge... there is no guardrails."- citizen
Old 06-07-2004, 10:59 AM   #43
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynick6
and oh yeah.."rb20 and rb25 are nothing special"

Is that why people have made 600rwhp on stock internal rb25's? And 500rwhp on stock internal rb20's? And that's w/o a bunch of headwork and stuff like the sr guys do that make that much on stock internals.

Sorry man, but stick to what you know from now on..

Nick
Wow! Thats alot of power...
Old 06-07-2004, 07:33 PM   #44
goofynick6
Leaky Injector

RB parts are becoming very common now, and they share parts with the non-turbo 300zx. Sparkplugs, fuel filter, coilpacks, clutch, etc. Other parts like belts you just size them up at the local advanced auto or napa and get them. Waterpumps and gaskets you can order from a dozen online places that carry them now and they usually have them in stock. If you're looking for something under 400whp, the RB20det is a very easy, effective, great sounding/performing engine that is usually cheaper than the SR.

Nick

Old 06-08-2004, 01:20 AM   #45
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Wow goofynick, you actually needed 4 posts to "prove" your point? Blah Blah.

I gave the rb25 kid the thumbs down because he was attracting attention to me on a public street in the middle of the night. I don't street race and I don't want any cops thinking that I do. Besides, I've met him before and he's a tool.

And no, RB20 and RB25 are still nothing special. Saying they can run X amount of horsepower with stock internals really doesn't prove anything. L28et can do 400hp on stock internals as well, and that was back in 1981....

You think these engines are god's gift to the automotive world because you aren't used to seeing them every day. Go live in Australia for a few years and you'll get over it really quick.

Pound per pound, the RB will weigh more than a KA. The 200lb figure is a bit high now that I think about it, but I'm sure there is still a 100lb difference or so.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:01 PM   #46
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Does anyone know how much the stock Ka weighs??

Im in the process of doing a Lt1 swap into a s13 and I wanna know whats the diff. in weight gonna be like.

oh and as far as rb20 ,rb25, rb26, vs sr goes..... I still say good ol' NA KA with bolt ons! its fast enough and the money could be spent on other things like suspension/tires/track time/exc.. Whats the use of having a rb26 if you cant drive worth a damn?
Old 06-08-2004, 02:57 PM   #47
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Sama
oh and as far as rb20 ,rb25, rb26, vs sr goes..... I still say good ol' NA KA with bolt ons! its fast enough and the money could be spent on other things like suspension/tires/track time/exc.. Whats the use of having a rb26 if you cant drive worth a damn?
Finally, someone who understands where I'm coming from...

Although stock KA is better than KA w/boltons. Because you don't really feel a difference, IMO.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:37 PM   #48
crazyikimasho
Nissanaholic!

crazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond reputecrazyikimasho has a reputation beyond repute
on the reliablity note... my s14 has been RB25det powered since November of 2003. Since then the car has been all over the eastern seaboard to various events and from New York to South Carolina.

The car is very reliable. I do drive in drift events so I know how the car handles. The motor is clearly heavier, but adjustments can be made in suspension to compensate. Not to mention things that can be removed to reduce weight. The car does have a significant amount of oversteer now compared to stock, as the engine is heavier. Overall the car is very fun to drive, I am still running just over stock boost, with stock downpipe, and open cat.

I weighed the car with everything, as the car is loaded (i.e. sunroof, leather), including amps and sub. Without me in it and weighed 3000lbs on the nose. With a decent suspension setup: coilovers, bracing, replacing the 4.36 gear I have now with a 4.08 again, and some small misc stuff the car will be great on the track.

It all depends on what you want, the sound is amazing and the car is super smooth. On the highway its great, just need to get the 4.08 gear back in so that I am not running 3800+ rpm at cruising speeds on the interstate. I like my setup, but its not for everyone.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:31 PM   #49
d1borty

d1borty is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to d1borty
depends on what chasis it is going into...
sr20det=s13/s14/s15
rbs=r32/r33/r34
get a motor that actually belongs to the car.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:12 AM   #50
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
... or L28et That's a good Nissan inline 6.

180hp non-intercooled. Not bad for 1981!
right on l series are nice. i love how everyone is raping this rb bandwagon. Thank you sport compact car.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:19 AM   #51
goofynick6
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Finally, someone who understands where I'm coming from...

Although stock KA is better than KA w/boltons. Because you don't really feel a difference, IMO.
Or just someone else who will never have anything other than a KA, and therefore will bash what they don't/can't have.

I never said the RB was god's gift to anyone, but I'd have to say it's better than a KA...yeah, stock KA with bolt ons, and you'd still get beat by an SI.

Ignorance is bliss guys, and most of you are happy as can be. I'm done with this thread..argue all you want, call me any name you want, but when it comes to the street and real life that's where it counts; not this zilvia crap..

Nick

Old 06-11-2004, 05:08 PM   #52
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss guys, and most of you are happy as can be. I'm done with this thread..argue all you want, call me any name you want, but when it comes to the street and real life that's where it counts; not this zilvia crap..

Nick
You're the one who keeps arguing about some engine you've never even touched. And I'd rather autox a KA over an RB any day. Power isn't everything. For power, I always have my 13B-t... so yea...

Go rub one out or something, and quit whining about "where it counts" Zilvia is not crap, it is the shit. What are you trying to prove, and who are you trying to prove it to?
Old 06-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #53
Baka Sama
Zilvia FREAK!

Baka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfectionBaka Sama is close to perfection
Angry

Quote:
Or just someone else who will never have anything other than a KA, and therefore will bash what they don't/can't have.

I never said the RB was god's gift to anyone, but I'd have to say it's better than a KA...yeah, stock KA with bolt ons, and you'd still get beat by an SI.

Nick
#1 your a dumbass

#2 I will never have anything other than a ka so i bash on things i cant/dont have?? please... I am not 16 and i dont work at McDonalds. If I really wanted a SR20 all I'd have to do is pick up the phone and call my friends shop. If you read! (wow theres a thought) I said I was in the process of swaping out the ka for a lt1. Man I cant wait to drop that v8.

#3 When I said a ka w/ bolt ons i was refering to drifting. The 2k you would spend on a jdm engine you DONT NEED could be spent on better things such as suspension. Why the hell would u street race a stock ka?

Quote:
Why give someone thumbs down because they're different and probably will make more power with less mods than you? You seem like a dick; you should be giving him thumbs up for being different and having an engine that doesn't sound like ass...
Remember to keep those exact words in mind if your ever lucky enough to get spanked by my lt1 240.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:23 PM   #54
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Can't wait to see this LT-1 in a 240... definitely post pics when you're done.

Reverse-flow cooling and huge aftermarket, not a bad choice.

V8 is a more compact design than I6 also.

I like the way you think.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:43 PM   #55
Ghettokracker71
Post Whore!

Ghettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enoughGhettokracker71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ghettokracker71 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettokracker71
Quote:
Can't wait to see this LT-1 in a 240... definitely post pics when you're done.

Reverse-flow cooling and huge aftermarket, not a bad choice.

V8 is a more compact design than I6 also.

I like the way you think.
Aries on NICO has a juiced LS-1 in an s14 IIRC
Old 06-17-2004, 06:55 AM   #56
goofynick6
Leaky Injector

I don't have anything against a KA, or and LT1 or CA18..etc. Anything in a 240 is cool. However, when people just downright bash an RB or anything that isn't the almighty truck engine, then I think that is stupid. I'm open to all engines and setups, and I think everyone should be.

But spreading bad info about something and then giving someone a thumbsdown like that (if it is because of their engine) just sucks.

Nick

Old 07-15-2004, 07:24 PM   #57
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
it's not a truck engine,,, the trucks get sports car engines.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:14 PM   #58
JINX

JINX is an unknown quantity at this point
I ran into a dude who plans on swaping a v8 into a 240.
I feel like he is betraying the whole import movement.
It is almost sacriligous.
I wouldnt swap a RB20. RB25det or 26dett, yes.
Putting the bigest motor in your ride is the American way.
But a v8, there is just something fundamentaly wrong with that.
Isn't part of it to smoke V8s every chance you get?
Now your flipping sides?
Old 07-20-2004, 03:21 PM   #59
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
brianglawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to brianglawson Send a message via AIM to brianglawson Send a message via Yahoo to brianglawson
i was curous, how tourqey does an rb20 feel to those who have one, say compared to an sr....im planning on one for my 240z, i can get one for 1700, and thatll leave me alot of extra cash to make it humm
on the arguement, i like all of em, L series, sr, rb, ca, all except the V8, to me an american v8 just doesnt feel sporty but thats a personal preference... 2jz, is also a great motor, to bad there so expensive
Old 07-21-2004, 06:41 PM   #60
Siizzzoooo
Zilvia FREAK!

Siizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really niceSiizzzoooo is just really nice
quit yapping about which is the best bang per buck

just buy it all and be happy. shit.