Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
11Past9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
11Past9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will these wheels fit well?

I am looking to buy some Enkei RPF1 17x9 in SBC finish but they are +35 offset. I am an offset newb but was always told I want +20 or less if I'm going to run 9 inches wide all around.

I have a 1998 S14 with Tokiko struts and s tech springs and will be putting 235/45's on the wheels.

What will it fit like? I just want it to look good, not stick out, not look akward, just look like it belongs. I do not have rolled fenders.

I searched, and reffering me to a 275 page wheel whore thread that consists 99% of the wheel set ups being on slammed 240's with rolled fenders and can barely fit a card between the tire and the fender...

Someone just help me out.

11Past9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Jesus, how many threads about this bullshit do you seriously have to make? We told you already...do you want us to hold your fucking hands about everything?

God, go to NICO for stupid shit like this...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
In all honesty, it depends on what YOU want. For me that kind of fitment would look like ass...but that is me personally. That sizing would be a little better than stock fitment, and not stick out. +15 would be more ideal....but again, just my opinion.

Ray Ray.... play nice.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
11Past9
Leaky Injector

The lowest offset they come in is +22. would that be better?
Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
Max_PSi
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Max_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enoughMax_PSi will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
17x9 +15 fits perfect all around on S14's. My JIC's are that offset.

+22 won't be that bad though.
Max_PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
for a 9 inch wide wheel i'd go with an offset closer to zero, but thats just me, and are u sure they only come in +22??? i'm pretty sure if u call them they could give u better idea of what offsets they can do for u
Old 02-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Jesus, how many threads about this bullshit do you seriously have to make? We told you already...do you want us to hold your fucking hands about everything?

God, go to NICO for stupid shit like this...
QFT

just buy it and make it fit. if you need spacers, buy spacers. if you needa roll, roll. if you need widebody, go widebody.

and for the record, go 235/40.

/thread.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow40sx View Post
for a 9 inch wide wheel i'd go with an offset closer to zero, but thats just me, and are u sure they only come in +22??? i'm pretty sure if u call them they could give u better idea of what offsets they can do for u

I have 17x9 +17 all the way around and they are pretty flush. Depending on how slammed you are and how "square" (i.e. not stretched) your tire sidewalls are, you will be good.

I had to do some minor rolling/pulling, and now the top edge of the sidewall sits just inside the lip, and when I hit bumps, the camber gain causes the tire to just sneak inside the lip of the fender.

Also, 245/40/17 would be better looking/fitting than 235/45/17, as 235/45/17 will be a little too tall relative to stock.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #9
11Past9
Leaky Injector

The reason is I have a set of basically new potenza reo1r 235 45's that I don't want to waste.

The guy I am getting them off of only has as low as +22, he is getting me SBC RPF1's 17x9 for $235 per wheel shipped. Which is a hell of a deal. $940 total shipped.

I only have tokiko blue shocks and s tech springs. I'm running evo wheels now which are 17x8 and +30 or +35 I believe.

I just want it to be flush and not look stupid and stick out or be too sunken in.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
with a shock spring combo, your main concern is going to be the height of the tire (the over all diameter) so measure that and make sure it will fit, and +22 will work fine as far as fitment goes, you will need to roll your fenders which is really not difficult at all and if you're careful you will not chip the paint.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote