Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
03redTuscani
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (0)
03redTuscani is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 03redTuscani
Vertical Headlight Adjustment

Hey guys.

It has been awhile since I've posted. I'm severely in need of adjusting my headlights downward. I just installed some HID projectors on my Zenki S14 and I thought I had them aimed correctly until I hit the road for work, tonight. I felt bad for everybody in front of me because they lit up the sky. lol

The problem I'm having is on my driver side. Whether I turn the screw clockwise or counterclockwise, the headlight does not adjust. The passenger side is fine. I read in this thread: http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/182172...ent-issue.html, that it could be a seating/stripped problem. It never clarified if that was only for the horizontal adjustment or for both of them. Just looking for some input on the situation. I'm hoping I don't have to crack the housing open again to fix it.
03redTuscani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
03redTuscani
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (0)
03redTuscani is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 03redTuscani
Lack of responses and need to get this done led me to pretty much disassemble the whole shit. lol

To answer my question, in case anybody needs to know later, yes, the adjustment screw was stripped. No, you do not have to crack the seal between the lens and the housing.

That is the vertical adjustment screw. The white part is what you'll need to focus on. Unscrew the two screws on the white part itself and you can adjust the headlight from there. I did not fix the stripped pieces. In fact, I stripped out one of the rusty screws on the white part, so i just forced it open like a boss and turned the gear itself. I'm waiting for my silicone sealer to cure before I put it in and test it. I'd rather it be too low than too high because I hate people who have HID's aimed too high (especially since I'm lowered about 3"). But I digress. Cheers!
03redTuscani is offline   Reply With Quote