Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #301
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Again, for those having cooling issues....do not skimp out on the cooling system for the 2JZ setup. As Flick pointed out as well as others, the key to keeping temp within range is to buy quality parts especially if your thinking about running AC. So running CX Racing or Mishimoto Rads do not seem to be an option. Fans also need to be of quality. More than likely you will also need some panels or other way to channel air directly over the radiator.

I have even considered swapping my Koyo rad out for a Dual Pass like the ones Griffin, Allstar Performance, Jegs, and Howe (muscle car guys love these) offers. This should also help improve cooling.

Last edited by 2muchboost; 02-07-2013 at 01:44 PM..
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #302
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
EXACTLY! I'm proof that cheap cooling parts don't work on these swaps.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #303
Sir
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Sir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud ofSir has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Stopped by vinny yesterday AMD saw the big pile you left him. I recognized it immediately by the spark plug cover, lol. Wheels are going to come out awesome.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #304
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir View Post
Stopped by vinny yesterday AMD saw the big pile you left him. I recognized it immediately by the spark plug cover, lol. Wheels are going to come out awesome.
haha Thanks, I'm excited to see how everything turns out!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #305
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Again, for those having cooling issues....do not skimp out on the cooling system for the 2JZ setup. As Flick pointed out as well as others, the key to keeping temp within range is to buy quality parts especially if your thinking about running AC. So running CX Racing or Mishimoto Rads do not seem to be an option. Fans also need to be of quality. More than likely you will also need some panels or other way to channel air directly over the radiator.

I have even considered swapping my Koyo rad out for a Dual Pass like the ones Griffin, Allstar Performance, Jegs, and Howe (muscle car guys love these) offers. This should also help improve cooling.
Im going to be running a Mishimoto Radiator on my 1JZ if it could keep Matt Powers LSX cool it should keep my 1J cool I much rather prefer a Griffin (its on my wish list) but I got my Mishimoto for dirt cheap & should do the job...as far as a CX Racing I have a buddy with one in his SR & another that has a Cressida with a 1UZ V8 & it keeps both those cars cool I was surprised how well it did with the V8 on a Hot Socal Summer with 4 hours of driving

I say it mainly with the fans & your CFM rate Ill be running Flex-a-Lite Dual 12in Puller Fans & it should be cool...if anything is too fail ill definitely mention it in my build

Also Clean Stitch's Flick top notch as always...this is one of my favorite builds on Zilvia so keep us updated!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #306
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Matt Powers has a Dual Pass Mishimoto + oil cooler. Most guys with the LSX swap don't usually have a medium-large intercooler disturbing air flow....same with other v8 swaps.

SRs are a whole different game. I had a stock ka rad with Altima fans keeping a 320rwhp in check with no issues.

I'm just providing info which has been a proven formula. And I agree....good quality fans are a must.

Last edited by 2muchboost; 02-10-2013 at 11:06 AM..
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #307
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
mishimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flick: Just read through the build, fantastic job the car looks great!

2MuchBoost: This is true Matt Powers is using our Dual Pass Radiator for his LSX powered car. We offer a variety of radiators for different uses and we have plenty of enthusiasts using our Aluminum KA Radiator for 2J swaps without issue. We also offer a silicone hose kit that incorporates our aluminum KA radiator for use in an LSX S14.

With higher powered vehicles we recommend our dual pass unit which is used in many track dedicated vehicles. Chris Forsberg uses this radiator in his 370Z and I know that he has not seen temperatures over 190 degrees. So it comes down to how much power you are making and how much heat is generated.

I also saw mention earlier about our thermostat for the 2JZ. Our thermostat opens at 61 degrees Celsius and is a great choice for a street or track vehicle.

Feel free to PM me for any questions related to our products!

Thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #308
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

@Mishimoto...thanks for chimming in. I do have your thermostat installed at the moment.

If possible could you find out if those using the KA rad were running AC?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #309
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

mishimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
@Mishimoto...thanks for chimming in. I do have your thermostat installed at the moment.

If possible could you find out if those using the KA rad were running AC?
Sent a PM your way so we do not clutter the build thread!

Thanks
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #310
xxRaika562xx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
xxRaika562xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Beautiful built! Makes me wish i was already at this level ! Much respect
xxRaika562xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #311
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxRaika562xx View Post
Beautiful built! Makes me wish i was already at this level ! Much respect
Thanks! Just keep going at it and sooner or later you'll look back and really enjoy it.

In Febuary me and Liz went on a Vacation. Leaving from Wisconsin, Then we went to Charleston,SC then to the Daytona 500.. Then Disney for a few days. On the way home we went back to Charleston since we liked it so much.
Pics from vacation here: Some car stuff too! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=bd53adbd66

Started working on the car a little bit as the weather has become tolerable to work on in the garage again.

Me and Liz went to Chicago May 22nd to get away for a night. And this happened.

Needless to say she was quite surprised! As "our" plan for friday/saturday was to go looking at rings. She didn't think she would be get one.

Liz has been going to town on wiring up the new gauges.

While she was doing that, I built a custom gauge cluster.

Also picked up some used tires.
(2) 225/40/17 Toyo R888
(2) 255/40/17 Toyo R888
(3) 205/50/15 Toyo RA1
(2) 225/50/15 Toyo RA1
Old 04-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #312
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Congrats!!!!
di-devol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #313
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
Congrats on the engagement! I was wondering what happened to you - hadn't seen a post in a while. Hey if u get a chance can u snap some pics of your harness routing?

Thanks

Sick gauges btw
Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #314
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice gauges! And congrats on the engagement!

Instagram @bankai_r32
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #315
Bumpkin203
Zilvia Junkie

Bumpkin203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol enGAUGEment

Instagram @bankai_r32
Bumpkin203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #316
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Awesome build! Congrats on the engagement aswell, you picked an awesome spot to propose. Selling that HUD cluster by any chance?
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #317
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-devol View Post
Congrats!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
Congrats on the engagement! I was wondering what happened to you - hadn't seen a post in a while. Hey if u get a chance can u snap some pics of your harness routing?

Thanks

Sick gauges btw
Thanks Mike! I've been pretty busy as you can see. What routing pics do you want? Just overall harness pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
Nice gauges! And congrats on the engagement!
Thank You!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin203 View Post
Lol enGAUGEment
i LOL'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Awesome build! Congrats on the engagement aswell, you picked an awesome spot to propose. Selling that HUD cluster by any chance?
Thank you! It was a pretty good time, I'm only about 90 minutes from the City so it was a good spot that will be memorable.

I am NOT selling this HUD cluster as it's the original one that has 19k miles. I do however have another HUD Cluster that i haven't tested but i bought it as a "working" HUD if you are interested i can snap some pics for you. Just PM me.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #318
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
I'm looking for routing on injectors/coil packs and where the harness goes around be alternator plz - I took a quick Stab at it before I dropped the motor in but I got frustrated and left it off
Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #319
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Thats a awesome engagement photo set! congrats dude!!!
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #320
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MiKE86 View Post
I'm looking for routing on injectors/coil packs and where the harness goes around be alternator plz - I took a quick Stab at it before I dropped the motor in but I got frustrated and left it off

That pic might show the injectors/coilpack stuff. I will get some better pics this weekend idk if i have any good pics of the other stuff.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #321
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Did a little work this weekend. Started to make this.

Not done obviously, But it will look good when all is said and done. Not to mention should match the new custom cluster! And allow for the factory center vent to go back in the car.

Got most of all the gauges alll wired up. Planning on getting the car nearly finished this weekend. Then just waiting for the wheels to get done.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #322
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Are you still running the walbro pump and stock hard lines? Do you have the dual fees -6 FIC Rail? What kinda fittings did u use in that area?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #323
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Mike, Sorry i didn't grab any pics of the wiring i'll try to snap a few this weekend the wiring is all torn apart so you couldn't tell much anyway lol.

2 Years ago i ran Dual Walbro 255's and Dual -6AN Feeds and a -6 Return. (dual feed fic -6 rail)

Last year knowing i wont be going E85 any time soon (if ever) I took out the dual walbro's and put in 1 Deatschwerks DW300 Fuel Pump and kept 1 of the -6AN Feed lines and the -6AN Return. I have it into a Y Block right by the firewall where it splits to each end of the rail.

All of my AN stuff is either Red Horse Racing, or Big End, a few Earls or Russell stuff.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #324
jp69

jp69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Clean work man
jp69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #325
Rafi Casas

Trader Rating: (3)
Rafi Casas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Do you remember the color code for the gray coupe by any chance?
Old 06-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #326
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp69 View Post
Clean work man
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafi Casas View Post
Do you remember the color code for the gray coupe by any chance?
KG2, factory color.

little teaser...

Out with the old, in with the new.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #327
specv118
Leaky Injector

specv118 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
little teaser...

Out with the old, in with the new.
Does like x10 + 1,000,000
specv118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #328
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Thanks bud! The new wheels are getting mounted/balanced today. Picking up the rest of the painted goodies tomorrow morning then i'll get some new good pics.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #329
specv118
Leaky Injector

specv118 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Thanks bud! The new wheels are getting mounted/balanced today. Picking up the rest of the painted goodies tomorrow morning then i'll get some new good pics.
Thumbs up! Can't wait to see it together!
specv118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #330
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Well... got some stuff "done" on the car.

Got all the new painted stuff on the car.
(spark plug cover/Velocity stack/Strut bar ends)
Kind of sucks the velocity stack won't fit with the hood down, looks like that will be just for show now. Also picked up a new middle timing cover from Elmhurst Toyota.

These pic show the old middle timing cover....

Some wheel pics.

Car needs a serious alignment which will come soon, Also need to lower that front end alot more.

Full car pic.

Also got most of the interior buttoned up and "finished" Just needs a little tweeking and some hard cleaning.