Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #421
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There should be a S13 to S14 swap manual / how to some where.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:10 PM   #422
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Clutch Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Clutch Dog
Found it http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/181139nico to the rescue. long story short, I need a s14 non abs driveshaft ( huehue) and some wires and crimps, and a CAS sensor and a swanky cool tap bit
also for cruise control... this set uplooks like a three day evolution. first day is removing everything and installing the clutch master and clutch pedal, second day is putting everything back in and the last is wiring wiring wiring.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #423
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

The link went no where specific, but nico does have alot of info.

Three days? Nah.... Two.... MAX.
One day to rip everything out and install what's needed as well as putting everything back in.
Second day is spent wiring. Third day is to enjoy the fruits of your labour......lol
Old 07-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #424
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

You are forever optimistic friend. I imagine day one for pulling everything and modding the firewall, day two for the install and day three chasing electrical gremlins XD XD
and then a week later, THEN driving the shit outta it.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:40 PM   #425
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
No, the second day is spent going back and forth to the auto parts store grabbing shit that you broke or didn't know was broken to begin with.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:37 AM   #426
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Ding ding ding ding ding ( trying to plan for that now before hand... XD XD)

Also, 240 runs now, bad fuel pump was the cause of the no start issue. now the car is fully tuned up with fresh spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, pump, oil filter, oil change, and radiator flush. and new tires to boot. Cant wait to get back and drive it (minus the auto)
Old 07-30-2016, 08:13 AM   #427
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Glad it's running.

I'm only optimistic when it involves other cars, mine will forever be a pain in my azz....lol

Agem, what's going on man?
Old 07-30-2016, 03:57 PM   #428
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Not much is new with the S14.
Replaced clutch master cylinder.
Swapped to a DCC.
Converted interior lights to LED
About to install new carpet and dye it black.

What I really need to do is get new axles or rebuild my pair and get my NAVAN kit paint matched.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:38 PM   #429
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Not much is new with the S14.
Replaced clutch master cylinder.
Swapped to a DCC.
Converted interior lights to LED
About to install new carpet and dye it black.

What I really need to do is get new axles or rebuild my pair and get my NAVAN kit paint matched.
You did all that and you say that you didn't do much? You're putting me to shame....lol

Where do you get your axles repaired?
Old 07-30-2016, 06:48 PM   #430
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

I was thinking about doing them myself. I need to shop around find a kit. And overalls. I heard it can get real messy.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:07 AM   #431
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
axles are pretty nasty sometimes. I hate grease. just make sure you have clean work area, the right grease, and a little patience. easy to do.
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:09 PM   #432
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
clean work area, the right grease, and a little patience.
I only have 2 out of the 3 of those things. :|
Old 07-31-2016, 01:33 PM   #433
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
How is drifting in the Portland and Medford areas? Family is moving to Medford for work and I'm considering bailing on Vegas and possibly moving to Oregon in a few years. How are they with motor swaps? My S14 is registered as a classic rod here and I was wondering if they have anything like that? I glanced over the Oregon DMV page and saw that they have special purpose plates or something like that; is that basically the same thing?
Old 07-31-2016, 03:42 PM   #434
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Welcome to the Pac Nor West, Not sure about Oregon, Up here in washington ( upper washington) the most common area is the evergreen speedway,

vegas is chill. did the big supra meet a while back.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:12 PM   #435
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Vegas is chill if you don't live here.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:20 PM   #436
S30ZG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
S30ZG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
How is drifting in the Portland and Medford areas? Family is moving to Medford for work and I'm considering bailing on Vegas and possibly moving to Oregon in a few years. How are they with motor swaps? My S14 is registered as a classic rod here and I was wondering if they have anything like that? I glanced over the Oregon DMV page and saw that they have special purpose plates or something like that; is that basically the same thing?

Washington has Evergreen Speedway, Bremerton(old runway) and south sound speedway off the top of my head. There's some guys that are trying to build a replica of one of the tracks from Ebisu a few hrs from Seattle but I think that's still few years down the road.

Oregon has Pats Acres (Parc) and they used to have events in Medford run buy the guys at Life Blasters.

As for motors swaps I think they are pretty chill at the Oregon DMV, I know a lot of people have managed to get some sketch grey market cars registered (s15,r33,etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S30ZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #437
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Right on, thanks for the info. It's definitely something for me to consider.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #438
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

Age, I don't have much patience anymore. Lol

Mister, WA doesn't do any sort of visual inspection for 95 and older so if you pass the sniffer, you're golden. I passed with no cat on my basically stock S14, and I plan to pass with a big turbo v8 in it with a replaceable rear part of the exhaust that will be 3 cats in a row. Also, my 370z is new enough still that it doesn't require any smog or inspection.. so free game for those cars. I think its 09 and newer.

if it doesn't pass smog, you can take it to a repair shop, have a certain dollar amount of 'work' done, and if it fails again, they'll waive the car for that year. easy, peasy. if you're obd2 its harder cause they scan. I know you said Oregon but Washington is just a bit up the road. I do know, however, that you have to register your car quickly when moving to Oregon. they'll fine you if you live there longer than 30 or 60 days and haven't put in for your ID or registration change or whatever.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:59 AM   #439
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostyMcZface View Post
I do know, however, that you have to register your car quickly when moving to Oregon. they'll fine you if you live there longer than 30 or 60 days and haven't put in for your ID or registration change or whatever.

Nevada has the same clause. When I got out of the military I had to go to the DMV to relinquish my Cali DL and get one for Nevada. The S14 wouldn't have to be registered immediately as my Titan is my primary means of transport. I just want to make sure I can eventually drive it on the street in whichever area I planned to move to. Would prefer not to live in Washington and then work in Portland. Id' live where there is sales tax and then have to pay income tax to Oregon. There is a VA clinic that is an extension of the Portland VA hospital located in Vancouver, but I've never seen any openings there.

Again, this is all just a thought that I was having. I have no real idea if I will solidify the move eventually or not. If I did, it would be a few years anyway.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:07 PM   #440
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

ah right on. I do like me some vegas. decent car scene out there. pretty crazy place, I like the local spots though. there's lots of VA stuff in WA, big army / navy / air force presence.

its always good to kick around ideas. idk I just like Washington. I'm building a house and planning cars to stay legal or beat the system. it would cost too much for me to move back to CA, and deal with all the BS and over priced stuff down there. though I do LOVE me some in n out. lol
Old 08-03-2016, 04:29 PM   #441
Mister.E
Post Whore!

I would never move back to Cali, they literally hate everything I like. South WA or Oregon would be perfect. My family is in Nor Cal at the moment and will be moving to Medford, so the closer the better. I'm looking for a change of climate, but not like Seattle change. [emoji23] I'm 10 hours drive from them right now so four would be a hell of a lot better.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:22 AM   #442
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Cali has too many car restrictions for me to even think about moving there.

I also love WA's inspection process, especially the one here in Redmond.

My boosted 95 240, with no cats and SAFC tune some how passed the 'sniffer' test.
Then with 96 or newer cars, all you have to be is code free with no pending codes. That to me comes from a good tuning program.
What's funny is that they do allow a 'few' sensors to be turned 'off', I think 2 for the most. So the first time I went, I simply turned some off, but I failed the test, so I quickly hooked up the laptop, turned them on and went right back in....lol.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #443
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm looking for a change of climate, but not like Seattle change.
If you think Portland/south WA is better climate wise, you're gonna have bad time.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #444
Mister.E
Post Whore!

It's better than 110+ for weeks in a row with winds that whip at around making it feel like a big ass blow drier. I grew up in Nor Cal, I need green again. The heat, wind, dust, crime, and all around shittiness of Vegas is getting old.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #445
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Quote:
It's better than 110+ for weeks in a row with winds that whip at around making it feel like a big ass blow drier. I grew up in Nor Cal, I need green again. The heat, wind, dust, crime, and all around shittiness of Vegas is getting old.
I know how you feel. I lived in Reno for 23+ years. I'm very aware how old Nevada can get.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #446
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I'm from the Caribbean and I don't want to deal with a 110 degree anything.....lol
Old 08-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #447
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I know how you feel. I lived in Reno for 23+ years. I'm very aware how old Nevada can get.

Damn, I'm sorry. My feelings are that I would probably like The PNW a hell of a lot more than here.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:05 PM   #448
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Still the endless weeks of rain and dark winters..
Old 08-04-2016, 11:45 PM   #449
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
Still the endless weeks of rain and dark winters..
Weeks of rain? Are you saying that to make yourself feel better? Because if so, I totally understand....lol

It makes you appreciate the summer time and sunlight even more.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:37 AM   #450
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Axles are nasty AF
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote