Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
cbc24

Trader Rating: (0)
cbc24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WHITE LIGHTNING build thread

Well since ive had the car for about 2months and have not posted a build thread yet i figured it was time.. SO heres my RPS13 1993 Nissan 180sx sr20det! The car already came with coilovers, 40MM wheel spacers, nardi wheel, crappy old recaro drivers seat, catback exhaust and a Turbo timer.
How she was when i looked at it in edmonton:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...30589435_n.jpg

Upon purchase right away i knew it needed a few things too make it road worthy.
I did an oil change , replaced both front wheel bearings , replaced rear rotors and pads, machined the front rotors + clean and lube caliper slides, replaced the crappy transparent HKS mushroom of death filter since i do live on a gravel road, replaced the broken signal lights on the front,Replaced hinges for glovebox since a few days before veiwing the car some jack off went and broke in and smashed the glove box out and removed the foglights.
Crappy stock rear brakes:

as you can see the rotors were pooched
Found some goodies on kijiji in town!

After purchasing front rotors i soon discovered 240sx's have 250mm front rotors and 180sx have 280mm Front.

Soon enough after owning the car for a little bit i Knew the tires needed
replacement asap as they were worn and had a death wobble, also the rear hatch had a spoiler mounted and had duct tape holding it together with a nice wad of rust under neath, so i sanded it polished around it sealed it with some good rust prevention paint then primed it. Also cleaned the beast, installed the tinted markers, new cusco swaybar links with the massive godspeed front swaybar, New 215/45R17 westlake sv308 rear tires.

With the following upgrades i did however notice i had a bit of understeer , the front end likes too push because its too stiff, the rears will hopefully fix that.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread