Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
hulkster_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
hulkster_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
ls2 hawaii build

(copied from silviav8)
Hello my name is Waylon and this is my build from the island of oahu,hawaii. the great808.
My first 240sx was a s14 in 1997.It was a 1996 and because i was working at nissan at the time i got a super good deal. and i've owned either a s-chassis or some type of nissan ever since. My car is a now 1993 s13 that i picked up about 2.5-3 yrs ago.Pretty much stock just had a silvia front and some tenzo wheels. it was auto with a/c. so first thing i did was change it out to 5 speed, did that in a couple hours on a saturday. then i needed rims and side skirts and rear bumper since the silvia front had a origin stylish on it i wanted to have it all matching. the kit i pieced together locally and the rims i ordered online. the shipping/handling to Hawaii for the wheels was almost the same cost as the wheels.went 5 lug and i also did a full 3z brakes all around. that got me to here

then made some led signals

Then i went the SR20 route. I bought a almost complete blown long block for 200. i did a complete oem rebuild with cosworth H/G, ARp studs and s15 turbo.
got everything i needed to make this a running swap with A/c, drove it for only 87 miles and sold it to fund my RB swap. That was my intension from the beginning. I sold it for more than what i put in it because i did all the work and not some machine shop
painted valve cover
Oh and i went s14 front dmax hood origin agressive bumper

made a bash bar

and made some koguchi fenders for the rearsold the z32 front brakes and got some g35 brembos. to put therse on you need to drill out the spindle mount to 14mm since these use bigger bolts, and you just use the 3z conversion lines. i stripped them and re-stenciled them. those are not brembo stickers.

this was the cockpit when i had the SR. nx1600 cluster, apexi boost gauge, and psm EVDM for water temp and oil pressure

here is the koguchi style fenders i made for the coupe

Last edited by hulkster_s13; 08-21-2012 at 01:13 AM..
hulkster_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
hulkster_s13
Zilvia Member

me koguchi fenders for the rear
So my plan of going Rb was close but it meant i would have to fly to another island to pack it and ship it because the seller did not want to do any of that. he was selling the motor for 1800 but then i was looking at spending another 500 for plane tickects and shipping and other misc. crap. i tried one last motor option, a friend 4-5 yrs ago crashed his gto 6 speed and was trying to sell it. I figured what the hell i'll just give him a call to see if he still has it. And what do you know he still had it!
So we set up a day to meet so i could check it out. When i get there this is all that is left of the car
nothing but the engine and trans left. he parted everything out. and i guess the guy before me who wanted the motor hacked up the engine harness. he cut everything!so now i'm going to need a new harness and ecu at this point.
I got the motor out and back to my friends shop

did a leakdown test and found out that driver side head last 2 cylinders was leaking.so i took the heads off since i wanted to do headgasket change

I ordered new gaskets and headbolts and the heads were back from the machine shop with new valve seals. everything else was fine. put gaskets on
did proper torque sequence.
heads done
since i had a koyo SR radiator i didnt want to buy a new radiator so i bought a 2010 ls3 corvette water pump since the outlets are oppisite sides, but then there is and issue of it not lining up with all the other accessories. the solution is water pump spacers
got them off ebay.if you do it this way your intake has to run to the passenger side of car
ordered me a clutch. Monster stage 3 with lightweight flywheel

changed out pilot bushing and installed everything with proper torque

installed the new slave and remote bleeder

bolted everything together put new belt on along with the moroso oil pan from fueled.
Put it up on the hoist and dropped it in the car for mockup.
started with this

then this (only tacked)

chassis side

everything welded

trans mount. engine start/run stand in the back. Me and a friend made

I set the mounts based off the oil pan. This is how the shifter sits. I made an offset piece out of some scrap and a SR alternator bolt. same thread pitch as stock nissan shifters.
now it is installed
I needed to to mount the dbw pedal and wait for my harness from a company that shall remain nameless
here is how i mounted the pedal

did my water temp sensor like this,drilled and tapped back of water pump

and i sold my s14 front end.didnt match the look i was going for

then i got my harness after waiting 4 months only to find out it ran on only 2 cylinders and the DBW didn't work.so i sent it back.
in the waiting time i decided it was time for the hated body work.I took a break one weekend in April because it was a friend and I's birthday, so our friends threw us a camping celebration in the mountain valley on the North Shore side of the island. It was great! Beer,food and slackline. For those that don't know what slackline is, look it up. I've been doing it for a couple months and i was already practicing tricks on it. I do it for exercise, it's a great core workout. Here's the doozy, so i was soing a trick on it......and i fell,about 8-9feet. Straight on my elbow and broke it!Destroyed the radial head, thats the actual joint people.
So i went in for surgery about 1 week later,the doc reconstructed the joint with pins and plates and all the jazz.
The fix lasted about 1 week, then i broke it again lol. So i had to go in for another surgery and they just gave me a full titanium radial head.
got some rims and tires. Weds bazeria 18x9.5 and 18x11.5

tire advan AD08 for fronts and nexen on rears to burn

But i had to finish my car so i continued to do the body work and prep for paint. Two of my buddies helped me out during this time. One arm in the sling the other holding a sanding block.
Now that that was finished it was time to prime and sand the prime. I shot it and my friend Josh poured the the primer in the cup since i had only one usable hand.

[

Last edited by hulkster_s13; 09-21-2015 at 07:14 PM..
Old 08-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
hulkster_s13
Zilvia Member

It turned out that i couldn't use the ls3 pump with the Sr radiator because i the intake running to the drivers side was hitting the water outlet on the radiator. And i still had my battery on the pass. side and didnt want to relocate it yet. so what i did was put the GTO pump back on and re-welded the waterneck from the drivers side to the passenger side. sorry no close up pics.
Also i got tired of waiting for my harness to get my car moving, so i decided to make my own. I took the hacked up DBW harness and disassembled it and repaired all the cuts. Then started studying the diagram and started the research on switching to a cable driven throttle body. I'll simplify whats needed to convert to a cable driven TB for those who decide to get rid of the DBW.
1. you need a throttle body. I went with a 90mm godspeed one

problem with the godspeed TB is that you are going to drill and tap new set screw positions to set the TPS. the stock locations that was provided were wrong.

2.You will also need a TPS and IAC for a 2000 camaro SS, i got mine from
Rockauto.

3.ECU.i switched from the E40/e38 (forget which one i had ) ecu to the 411 ecu.

4.Engine harness for a 2000 camaro, thats if you order one. i chose to convert mine to a 411 swap

since i was helping a friend do his LS swap i had an engine to base wire lengths off of. i also bought the red and blue ecu connectors off Ls1tech.
Followed this diagram.

and ended up with this nicely loomed harness

i got all my loom from wirecare.com
i also finished up my friends harness and it came up equally nice. i really enjoyed doing them.
also i upgraded my alternator to a 2003 escalade alt. the GTO one is 145amp, but it is 2 wire computer controlled and i couldn't find and info on how to use it with the 411 ecu.
now back to the body.

took everything apart to prep for paint. my good friend scott helped with the prep and paint

started laying some base down

right after clear

time to put everything back on

GOt the rims on and I got to drive it finally. All i can say is that it is fast! Spins wheels like butter and there is torque throughout the powerband. i love cruising the freeway in 6th at 1000rpm.

since we finished my friends ls1 swap (brown coupe) we decided to go for a mini cruise. my my fastback twin has a 435hp sr.(zilvia member gwb654)

Last edited by hulkster_s13; 08-24-2012 at 04:38 PM..
Old 08-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shared...

Awesomeness
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #5
flatout
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
flatout is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
that was awesome
flatout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #6
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
nice. great thread.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
great build!!

Your arm looked nasty!! lol
Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #8
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Would love to rent something like that on Maui next time I go back.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #9
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Great job for 1 arm lol. Let me guess you went with chase bay for the harness? I find it funny how long companies take to make a ls harness when in fact all it takes is like 5 wires to start the car alone lol. I did my own harness for the first time ever and it took me a solid 4hrs if that not including removing any of the none needed stuff.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
EvilRB
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
EvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond reputeEvilRB has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRB Send a message via MSN to EvilRB
I always tell everyone that some of the most amazing builders come out of Hawaii because you don't have the option of driving out and getting something delivered. this is a great example of this!
Great build man great rep for the 808!
Old 08-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #11
mishimoto
Zilvia Addict

mishimoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Great Build!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
hope the arm is doing better now, that looked messed up! Great job on the car too!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
hulkster_s13
Zilvia Member

My arm is okay I do therapy about 3 times a week. Close to about 70-80% recovery
Old 09-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #14
Slippin'eight-nine
Leaky Injector

Slippin'eight-nine is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice build! Any ideas on power? I see youre on the windward side as well meeeean! Haha
Old 09-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
aweeeeeeeeeeeeeesome
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #16
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
killed it!
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
silviavert
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
silviavert is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice Build
silviavert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #18
sidewaysfein
Zilvia Member

sidewaysfein is an unknown quantity at this point
Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by sidewaysfein; 11-07-2019 at 08:26 PM..
sidewaysfein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
taran!
Leaky Injector

taran! is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build!
taran! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #20
chaos240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
chaos240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Mind blown...
chaos240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #21
hulkster_s13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippin'eight-nine View Post
Very nice build! Any ideas on power? I see youre on the windward side as well meeeean! Haha
Motor is rated to 400hp at the flywheel so I'm guessing that I'm around 350 or so to the wheels. I'll find out as soon as I get to the dyno at Munky works.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #22
240Lover770
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Lover770 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i think ive seen you in kaneohe. pulled up right next to you. dope sounding car.
240Lover770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #23
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
dude i love the shit out of this car. and your buddies hatch. too awesome
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #24
GWB654
Leaky Injector

GWB654 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to finally see your build in the commen people section! Lol! Dope car!!! I seem it in person a few times!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #25
sidewaysfein
Zilvia Member

sidewaysfein is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB654 View Post
Good to finally see your build in the commen people section! Lol! Dope car!!! I seem it in person a few times!!!
Lolll

sidewaysfein is offline   Reply With Quote