Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #1
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
My kouki s14 rebuild

Most of you already know my car so I won't go through the previous stages it's been in.

Here's how it looked in March of 2016.

Leaving a Nissan get together my timing chain decided to break (it was an LS2 chain, not stock LS1). Not sure why but, that was the last time I drove the car.

Timing chain broke, bent a ton of valves, hit the pistons & to top it off a lifter turned in the bore, broke & got stuck which ruined the cam.

I was upset & didn't know what I wanted to do.....until I did, go bigger & badder haha.

I decided that another LS1 with just a set of ported heads wouldn't be enough, after 6 years of a bolt on, cammed LS1 I wanted a lot more power.

It was time to turbo the car. A friend found me a used 5.3 iron short block for what was almost highway robbery ($130).

New setup is gong to be.

gen 3 5.3 iron block
gen 4 5.3 pistons & rods
new rings, bearings etc for the short block
arp head bolts
PRC stage 2.5 ported truck heads
LJMS stage 1 TT cam
Mcleod twin disc
Tial 44mm wastegate
80lb injectors
Walbro 450lph fuel pump
etc
etc

PRC stage 2.5 truck heads

Mcleod twin disc

Before I pulled out the old 5.7, I dropped the car off with my fab guy to build the turbo kit while the 5.3 stuff is at the engine shop being rebuilt.

Turbo kit is a forward facing truck manifold on the driver side & an LS2 C6 Corvette manifold on the passenger side in order for the crossover pipe to clear the oem GM a/c compressor in its stock location. I was not going to give up a/c in Florida. Frame had to be notced for downpipe clearance. Turbo is a 7875 ball bearing turbonetics piece.

The shortblock is still at the machine shop which is upsetting, hes taking forever but i guess it gives me time to save money, ha.

I pulled the old motor out & threw it on the engine stand & then bolted on the turbo kit. I still need to throw on the p/s pump & alternator. I want to make a heat shield for the alternator & measure thermal sleeving for the power lines so I don't cook it instantly.

Also I've got to measure length for oil feed & return lines.

And that's really it for right now. I'll be sure to update this more as I progress.
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links