Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-11-2022, 08:16 AM   #661
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Everything in writing and if you're worried about road noise, it makes sense to take a day off and sit outside the house while commuter traffic passes.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2022, 11:04 AM   #662
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

I sweatergawd, this will be the last season I push mow this back yard. Fucking thing just ate up my whole lunch break.

Also, the grass in the back has behaved MUCH better than the front without my having to do as much treating and for that I am thankful. I just make sure to keep a bag of lime on hand because my dogs (and sometimes my stepdaughter's dog) get to run freely back there.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:29 PM   #663
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yo, fuck the house market.
Shoutout to my parents basement.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:51 PM   #664
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
Not discounting the value of this stuff, just remember that it's dynamic. You can't always control who else moves in, especially with a lot of people selling to cash investors who just rent them out, and then the renters sublet and you have 10 cars parked down the block.
You are absolutely right, they are both things that can change in an instant. But, if I am looking at a home, the crime and amount of sex offenders within a 5 mile radius, if there are too many I will def pass on it.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:07 PM   #665
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
House at the end of my block...
Went on market on 02/02/22 for $165k. Under contract on 02/06, closed on 02/24 for $173k. House is smaller than mine, on less land with no garage. They put in flooring/carpet, countertops and painted and now they're asking $249k. I drive past this house every day because I have to and saw this unfolding. This market is truly infuckingsane.

And I write too!
Old 05-13-2022, 01:58 PM   #666
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The few houses in my neighborhood that have sold this year, the prices seem to be up by about 20%, but I always wonder if there's some weird market effects when the values hit the jumbo loan range. I dunno. I'm done buying/selling at this point and just watching how it hits my property tax.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 04:24 PM   #667
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
House at the end of my block...
Went on market on 02/02/22 for $165k. Under contract on 02/06, closed on 02/24 for $173k. House is smaller than mine, on less land with no garage. They put in flooring/carpet, countertops and painted and now they're asking $249k. I drive past this house every day because I have to and saw this unfolding. This market is truly infuckingsane.
Since 2018, my house has increased by 60%. The average home price in my town was $673,794 last year and it's $867,606 this year.

If I sold my house tomorrow, I... could actually put a big down on a great house in a quieter neighborhood with more usable land and an actually fun commute to work. Shit, maybe I should move.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 10:58 PM   #668
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
A black dude who writes funny as shit short stories, drinks bourbon and has three dogs. They're wasting their fucking time on me.
Fixed.

The house marked is properly fucked. I have trapped equity. I bought my house before it got crazy 148k. 3 stories with a little work needed (most of that is done) smaller house next to mine in lets say 25% better condition (that is generous) sold for 279K LAST YEAR.

I get letters asking to buy my house weekly. I get calls too.

I have considered selling if someone wants to pay me 350K, however, then I would have to buy a house in this crazy ass market. I looked at an apartment for gits n shiggles and people are paying 1100-1600 in my area. I am 35 mins from ATL. Some apts in atlanta go for 2700/month.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:04 AM   #669
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Fixed.

The house marked is properly fucked. I have trapped equity. I bought my house before it got crazy 148k. 3 stories with a little work needed (most of that is done) smaller house next to mine in lets say 25% better condition (that is generous) sold for 279K LAST YEAR.

I get letters asking to buy my house weekly. I get calls too.

I have considered selling if someone wants to pay me 350K, however, then I would have to buy a house in this crazy ass market. I looked at an apartment for gits n shiggles and people are paying 1100-1600 in my area. I am 35 mins from ATL. Some apts in atlanta go for 2700/month.
My uncle around the corner from you got his house right around when you got yours for $250k. I am betting that house in that neighborhood could get half a mil now.

And I write too!
Old 05-15-2022, 01:09 PM   #670
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Just got new carpet installed on the upper floor of my house and let me tell it's like walking on kittens compared to my old 20 year old carpet.

Unfortunately, I had to move everything downstairs. I just now realized how much useless shit I've accumulated over the years. Let the great purge begin.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 01:53 PM   #671
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Unfortunately, I had to move everything downstairs. I just now realized how much useless shit I've accumulated over the years. Let the great purge begin.
That was me when I moved. I purged, sold, gave a donated a ton of shit and I have STILL been doing that over the last 6 months.

And I write too!
Old 05-15-2022, 02:15 PM   #672
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
That was me when I moved. I purged, sold, gave a donated a ton of shit and I have STILL been doing that over the last 6 months.
I don't know how I let it happen, but turns out by Girlfriend has a bed sheet/fuzzy blanket addiction. Multiple bed sheets and blankets still in their packaging taking up space in our hallway closet taking up space. Good god woman!

Honestly it would be so much easier if we didn't have so many Christmas decorations that we love. Trees, Bulbs, garland... all take up so much space. I should probably throw some MDF boards in the attic to get more storage space.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:31 AM   #673
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
The woman keeps filling the house with stuff. my garage is anything but that. it is starting to overflow into the basement. I just want to rent a dumpster and toss out anything that has not been touch in more than 6 months.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:47 AM   #674
OaxKouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
OaxKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
The woman keeps filling the house with stuff. my garage is anything but that. it is starting to overflow into the basement. I just want to rent a dumpster and toss out anything that has not been touch in more than 6 months.
That is pretty much the rule at our hose, other than seasonal decorations, if we have lived without needing it for 6 months than we don't really need it.
OaxKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:28 AM   #675
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Everyone, I have read your suggestions and I appreciate them. I've added them to the list.

In the meantime, hows everyone doing?
My mothers house had it's property assessment value go up $90,000. I checked quite a few houses in the zip code and MOST if not ALL houses shot up 70-90k in assessment value, so her taxes will be higher come next year.

We are in Philadelphia, PA. I assume most cities are doing the same. Looks like I'll be in my mothers basement for a HWhile
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #676
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

My assessed value went up by almost $30k, which means my property taxes will go up. I figured it would happen so I been throwing extra at my escrow, so as to keep my payment from going up.

And I write too!
Old 06-02-2022, 12:09 PM   #677
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
my assessment keeps climbing and climbing...

several houses within 1-2 blocks have sold for quite a lot recently

$1.4M
$1.14M
$1.1M
$1.2M

Thanks Trump/GOP for the $10k SALT cap you guys passed in 2017, I've officially gone past that and can no longer deduct my full amount.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:46 PM   #678
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
my assessment keeps climbing and climbing...

several houses within 1-2 blocks have sold for quite a lot recently

$1.4M
$1.14M
$1.1M
$1.2M

Thanks Trump/GOP for the $10k SALT cap you guys passed in 2017, I've officially gone past that and can no longer deduct my full amount.

So you want rich people to get tax write offs for owning million dollar mansions now?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:47 PM   #679
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
My assessed value went up by almost $30k, which means my property taxes will go up. I figured it would happen so I been throwing extra at my escrow, so as to keep my payment from going up.

Locals are fucking loving it.

Jack property taxes up for unrealized gains and then tell you inflation isn't an issue.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 12:07 PM   #680
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
So you want rich people to get tax write offs for owning million dollar mansions now?
no, but the point I was getting at is that the tax deduction cap actually ends up squeezing a lot of people in the middle.

my house was bought in 2005. it wasnt like I bought this when it was high, but the assessed value has more than doubled and with the cap it has made people like me unable to deduct a portion of this.

but if you want to just equate $10k in deductions as a symbol of "rich people.... owning million dollar mansions" then you clearly are in a bubble of your own and no amount of facts will change your mind.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 03:16 PM   #681
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
no, but the point I was getting at is that the tax deduction cap actually ends up squeezing a lot of people in the middle.

my house was bought in 2005. it wasnt like I bought this when it was high, but the assessed value has more than doubled and with the cap it has made people like me unable to deduct a portion of this.

but if you want to just equate $10k in deductions as a symbol of "rich people.... owning million dollar mansions" then you clearly are in a bubble of your own and no amount of facts will change your mind.
@ Corbic A million dollar house in certain area is just the normal like San Francisco Bay area. The houses aren't mansion, not even close.

MAV, there are some work arounds, say if you own a business. Consult your CPA. Total agree with re 10k CAP. I know tons of people paying so much tax due to "high salary" but we live in high cost of living area.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:13 AM   #682
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

I have a single car garage and a driveway wide enough to fit six cars.
We own three at current
My plan is to use most of the garage as a man cave of sorts, leaving just enough space to back the 240 in and work on it when I fancy.
One thing I always intended to do was to put shelves between the exposed beams on one side of it and put my 1:18 cars all over the place. Shelving is high as astronaut ass though. My solution was to go to Lowe's and buy the 12-ft deck lumber at like $8.88 each and have them cut them -- FOR FREE -- into the 14" boards I need. 7.99 corner braces from Amazon and now I got my shelves. I will show it all whenever I finish.

And I write too!
Old 07-28-2022, 12:08 PM   #683
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I have a single car garage and a driveway wide enough to fit six cars.
We own three at current
My plan is to use most of the garage as a man cave of sorts, leaving just enough space to back the 240 in and work on it when I fancy.
One thing I always intended to do was to put shelves between the exposed beams on one side of it and put my 1:18 cars all over the place. Shelving is high as astronaut ass though. My solution was to go to Lowe's and buy the 12-ft deck lumber at like $8.88 each and have them cut them -- FOR FREE -- into the 14" boards I need. 7.99 corner braces from Amazon and now I got my shelves. I will show it all whenever I finish.
That sounds awesome. Can you take pictures of the finish product.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 01:01 PM   #684
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsilvias13 View Post
That sounds awesome. Can you take pictures of the finish product.
Just got one up for now, as I have spent the morning putting the brackets onto the shelves, while still on the clock here in the house.
They will be randomly strewn across that wall like so, though:

... and the weight bench and bike are getting moved once everything else is cleared.

I do outdoors shit too...
I just noticed I never followed up on the front yard...
Seller left me a MESS with a bunch of crab grass, it took me from February to late April to get it cleared up, then to late may to get it RIGHT.
... then we had a patio installed in the back so my shit got trampled, then there was a three-week drought and it got burned.
After my summer birthcation I take at the beginning of July every year, the rain was back and has stayed, so now I finally have the front yard JUST like I want it.

I cut the front at 10am every Monday AND Friday. Monday I cut diagonal from the corner of the drive/walkway there to the pole up at the top and on Friday I cut it parallel to the street. EXTREME consistency allows the contrasting cut lines to both be faintly visible after any cut.

And I write too!
Old 08-04-2022, 12:15 PM   #685
Future240
Future Moderator

My a/c just went out for the main floor of the house. Hoping it is a quick fix like my top level a/c was.

My unit was built in 1994....
Old 08-04-2022, 12:23 PM   #686
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
My a/c just went out for the main floor of the house. Hoping it is a quick fix like my top level a/c was.

My unit was built in 1994....
I still have flashbacks on that $7k disaster in 2018 and cry like it happened yesterday.

And I write too!
Old 08-04-2022, 01:12 PM   #687
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
All the houses that come up for sale here sell for 50k over listing price to companies who put the house up for rent right after.
Moved to phoenix area almost three years ago for a better paying job, cost of living keeps going up and pay doesn't go up with it so now I can't even afford to buy a house.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 01:51 PM   #688
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
All the houses that come up for sale here sell for 50k over listing price to companies who put the house up for rent right after.
Moved to phoenix area almost three years ago for a better paying job, cost of living keeps going up and pay doesn't go up with it so now I can't even afford to buy a house.
I was looking back over the houses we were "outbid" on and see that more than half of them are being rented out now. The one I was MOST angered to not get is renting for about $500 MORE than our mortgage would have been if they had taken our offer. Most of them didn't even offer more than we did, they were just cash offers. It would have been almost worth it to go after one of those HOA neighborhoods that do their damndest to keep investors out.

And I write too!
Old 08-04-2022, 04:44 PM   #689
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm honestly mad that there is not more protections in place to ensure families are able to buy homes and not let corporations buy them all up for investment properties. It's ridiculous. ESPECIALLY foreign companies!
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:07 AM   #690
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I'm honestly mad that there is not more protections in place to ensure families are able to buy homes and not let corporations buy them all up for investment properties. It's ridiculous. ESPECIALLY foreign companies!
I seriously don't have the words to express how pissed I was at this. There were about three that we were EXCITED to get, and know for sure we made a better offer, where this happened. That was the most fucky part of the whole process.

And I write too!