Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sr20 no start cas help

So about 2 months ago my car would run lean while crusing and had a slight missfire. Checked my codes it blinks twice then pauses then repeats the same code. Im taking it that that is code 11 for the cas.

My cas had half of the connector part missing so i figured whatever and ordered a new one. I just recieved it and installed it. Timing is set with the cas at the middle and the cas lined up correctly in the head. However now the car wont start. It doesnt even sound like its trying to fire. Just cranks and cranks. Still shows code 11.

Im totally stumped as this is the only thing i changed and it started up instantly and ran before.
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Ka-t in progress
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Ka-t in progress is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would double and triple check the timing just to be sure. Do you have a timing light? Installing the cas in the center and locking it down doesn't mean it can't be one tooth off. If it checks out as you say,try checking your connections with a voltmeter. Big vacuum leak,maf. Also did you unplug your battery after replacing the cas to erase the code?
Ka-t in progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I cant get it started to check the timing. and yes i did. code came back
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
If you spin the cas by hand, do you hear the injectors fire? do the plugs fire?

If no, then put a good cas back in.

if yes, then proceed to B:

B:
take valvecover off and turn the engine to piston #1 TDC. Then look at the cam lobes. If the lobes are facing inwards, turn the engine 360*. If the lobes are facing outwards, proceed to step C:

C:
Install CAS while cam lobes are facing outwards. To install, line up 2 dots and push the cas in. if the other two dots are now lined up, you did it right. If no dots are lined up, reinstall the cas such that 2 dots are always lined up.