Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
car help!!

so it doesnt sound like the wastegate opens till about 5-6k (no tach), ( i have my wastegate hooked up side port on tial-mbc-hotpipe and the top one is open) and the car is way to slow for 3071 at 6psi. the fire ring thing is in
but, it builds 6psi way earlier and holds it to high rpm
the idle is super up and down, but the up parts are still low and it almost stalls. i sprayed starter fluid everywhere and the idle didnt raise so im not sure if its a vacuum leak. but my vaccuum at idle is 16ish when i first start then a few secs later fluxuates between 10-15 depending on what part of its bumpyness its on.
i can kinda hear a fshhhh sound when its boosting, but i am not getting a serious cut out like you do when you boost with a vacuum leak ( i have no cut out whatsoever)
also it smells like the car is running real rich
its not an individual cylinder because when i unplug injector or spark plug in a cylinder it gets worse.
tommys dad redid cam timing no help.
my setup is s15 injectors (reddish/brown), rb20 maf, jim wolf ecu.
any help would be really appreciated