Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #6331
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmtrS13 View Post
My car reeks of sulfur every time I shut it down. I think it comes from the exhaust. Does this mean the cat has gone bad?
Yes.

msglength
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.

Last edited by soreballz; 06-02-2011 at 08:51 PM..
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #6332
roxzorz

Trader Rating: (0)
roxzorz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got a new starter installed and now my motor stalls out after a few seconds. Friend suspects two possibilities:
-bad/low gas
-timing

I don't think it's timing since my motor never stalled out before I had to change the starter. Any other suspected possibilities?
roxzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #6333
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegendary View Post
i have had brake squeal for weeks!

i have new autozone gold pads, new brake shims from nissan, super lubed up, r33 calipers, new q45 brakes, calipers were built two years ago, filled up z32 bmc indicating no leakage, brake pedal is a bit spongy though.

got any advice?
anyone that wants closure to this, it squealed consistently because I installed the shims in the wrong order. Just one of those things you gotta pay attention to.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #6334
gotricebih

Trader Rating: (2)
gotricebih is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How can I tell if my s14 t28 is ball bearing not? I've searched and found no definate answer.
gotricebih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #6335
t_rempel
Leaky Injector

t_rempel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNTi View Post
Hey, I bought some OEM pignose 180sx half clears, and I'm currently running them on my Silvia. I had to use the harness from my old signals and put them in the half clears to be able to use them, but I only have the amber bulb in since my old harness was a single bulb. I thought the rectangle half clears were supposed to work on Silvia and 180sx.

Any tips on how to wire things up so I can have the clear bulbs act as parking lights (like on Kouki S13's) and the amber as signals?

Pic for reference...

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3089/5780129008_725c9cd703.jpg/IMG]

Thanks!
If you wanted to go all out, you could transplant the DTRL circuit from a Canadian car.
t_rempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #6336
Mew2Senshi: The Driver

Mew2Senshi: The Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Three questions:

1) One of the terminals of the rear defogger got desoldered? Is nit possible to solder it back?

2)Does anyone has pics on this particular mod: http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=127078. It had pics at one time, but are no longer available.

3) Are the center A/C vent frames easy to find, buy and install? The plastic frame on the center vent is missing and I know peole often remove the vents to install aftermarket gauges.
Mew2Senshi: The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #6337
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
soooooooooooooooo my ride height fluctuates and i don't know why...

I'm on megan streets and the ride height adjust on its on.. Coilovers aren't blown and all the lockrings are tight..

ex. car is parked and it's at the ride height i set it at. Then i drive it and an hour later it's raised about a half inch to an inch. Some days it won't change at all and it'll be perfect, but most of the time it's fluctuating.

I've heard from someone that it could be worn out bushings..
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #6338
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplganger1 View Post
Im going to be taking my valve cover off to get it blasted and painted while it is off what should I use to cover the engine since the engine will still be inside the engine bay, its an sr by the way and i dont know anyone with a spare cover
Remember to double/triple/quadruple make sure all of media is out of that manifold...it sticks to every last part of oil you could think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 til 3 View Post
Ok, i'm having some wiring issues with my alternator...does the white(to relay box), and the battery white go to the same prong... and then the small 8mm bolt is for a ground wire?
Off the top of my head that's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlush View Post
Who has the best deal on Vertex/VS "style" kits?
Check ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxzorz View Post
Got a new starter installed and now my motor stalls out after a few seconds. Friend suspects two possibilities:
-bad/low gas
-timing

I don't think it's timing since my motor never stalled out before I had to change the starter. Any other suspected possibilities?
Did it run ok before you changed starter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotricebih View Post
How can I tell if my s14 t28 is ball bearing not? I've searched and found no definate answer.
In the grand scheme of things, aside from fittings, it's not going to make any real HP difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post
soooooooooooooooo my ride height fluctuates and i don't know why...

I'm on megan streets and the ride height adjust on its on.. Coilovers aren't blown and all the lockrings are tight..

ex. car is parked and it's at the ride height i set it at. Then i drive it and an hour later it's raised about a half inch to an inch. Some days it won't change at all and it'll be perfect, but most of the time it's fluctuating.

I've heard from someone that it could be worn out bushings..
That's pretty drastic for 'worn' bushings; to the point that you'd hafta feel a shitty ride or it would clunk for being that soft.

Do you have any preload in your coilover spring? If so remove it (unlock the cop collar that touches the sprung, and lower it until you can rotate the spring around in the housing (not so it rattles, just loose enough to spin)

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #6339
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
So I adjusted my clutch pedal to stock settings today, and I absolutely hate how high up it grabs. Not to mention my knee hits the steering wheel. But I was wondering if I set it to be lower, if that would mess up the clutch in any way?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #6340
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irresistible View Post
So I adjusted my clutch pedal to stock settings today, and I absolutely hate how high up it grabs. Not to mention my knee hits the steering wheel. But I was wondering if I set it to be lower, if that would mess up the clutch in any way?
No, you should follow FSM on freeplay and engagement height to help you out. Remember the upper adjustment adjusts where the clutch pedal sits.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 06-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #6341
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
No, you should follow FSM on freeplay and engagement height to help you out. Remember the upper adjustment adjusts where the clutch pedal sits.
Okay. It seems like its slipping now that its adjusted. But ill play with it some more I guess and set it properly. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #6342
Torkair

Torkair is an unknown quantity at this point
3 part question, and hopefuly not too dumb.

1: At what power level will a z32 chassi start self-destructing due to flexing from torque?
2: Where on the car should I reinforce first and where is it unnecessary?
3: At what point should I just stick a 4 point cage in the car?
Torkair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #6343
gotricebih

gotricebih is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

In the grand scheme of things, aside from fittings, it's not going to make any real HP difference.
I need to know which size oil restrictor to get. They are different for BB and non BB correct?
gotricebih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #6344
srstan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
srstan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkair View Post

1: At what power level will a z32 chassi start self-destructing due to flexing from torque?
1. 100000 hp
2. depends on what your using it for
3. the point when you feel its needed
Old 06-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #6345
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

my steering response is super slow in my 91 coupe.. Recently installed full arms, went from 15x8 to 17x9's, got an alignment and now i have slow steering response.. Could it be that my steering rack bushings are worn?

Old 06-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #6346
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkair View Post

YOu'll never reach the limits. Trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotricebih View Post
I need to know which size oil restrictor to get. They are different for BB and non BB correct?
atpturbo.com

Quote:
my steering response is super slow in my 91 coupe.. Recently installed full arms, went from 15x8 to 17x9's, got an alignment and now i have slow steering response.. Could it be that my steering rack bushings are worn?
Going to a 9 tire up front is going to be a big change in 'response' of steering (which I don't underadn

Old 06-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #6347
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Quote:
Going to a 9 tire up front is going to be a big change in 'response' of steering (which I don't underadn
What? hmm i think i'm describing this wrong.. There's a late response when i turn my wheel a quarter either to the left or right in 35+ mph

ex. Im going down a straight road and there's a bend to the right coming up. I get to the beginning of the turn and i turn my wheel but it's still going straight.. My car doesn't actually start turning until the top of my steering wheel gets to the 3o'clock position. So from the 12 o'clock position to the 3 o'clock position im not getting any steering response. It's FUCKING DANGEROUS and SCARY!

my alignment guy said its worn out steering rack bushings.. Cause my car still pulls left or right after the alignment.. If i make a sharp right turn it'll pull right, if i make a sharp left it'll pull left..

Old 06-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #6348
Yad
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Yad is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i found this cable janging around my door panel, its a manual windows, i was wondering where this cable goes?
thanks in advance

Last edited by Yad; 06-03-2011 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: forgot the pic
Yad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #6349
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Just got my 300ZX brakes in last night and I took it for a test drive just now. While applying the brakes at very low speeds, there is a loud high pitch squeal type sound that I hear from the front driver's side. I looked it up on google and some people say it is normal, some say I need to clean my brake pads, and some say the rotors are warped.

To get rid of some speculation, the brakes do not make this sound when applying brakes at 40mph. The brake rotors aren't warped since the brake pedal doesn't shake when I apply the brakes. The brake system was used by previous owner before selling it to me and I know they had some pad left on the pads. I don't know the brand but the color is like a turquoise/teal kind of color.

What could be the problem? Do I have to bed the brakes? If it is my pads, what brands do you recommend that I get (non-track)?
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #6350
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
Just got my 300ZX brakes in last night and I took it for a test drive just now. While applying the brakes at very low speeds, there is a loud high pitch squeal type sound that I hear from the front driver's side. I looked it up on google and some people say it is normal, some say I need to clean my brake pads, and some say the rotors are warped.

To get rid of some speculation, the brakes do not make this sound when applying brakes at 40mph. The brake rotors aren't warped since the brake pedal doesn't shake when I apply the brakes. The brake system was used by previous owner before selling it to me and I know they had some pad left on the pads. I don't know the brand but the color is like a turquoise/teal kind of color.

What could be the problem? Do I have to bed the brakes? If it is my pads, what brands do you recommend that I get (non-track)?
did you install shims or put them on correctly? Or you can get disc brake quieter and apply it to the back of the brake pads. The squealing comings from vibrations.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #6351
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
crazy question, but does anybody know how much higher the koguchi power hood vents sit from the actual hood? or dmax.. or anything that looks similar to those. hatchback by the way
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:44 AM   #6352
Rk3

Rk3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stupid question but what is a rom tune?
Rk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #6353
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Turn the key from on all the way to the stop where you'd have to press the release button to turn the key another little bit.

If I were to pull the key out (no lock) without pressing the release and turning that final click would that drain my battery?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #6354
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Quote:
Do you have play in the steering wheel at low speeds also (even a little) might be time to replace your steering bushing. Rack bushings couldn't hurt either. How are your tie rods?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #6355
HOOCH
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
HOOCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Aftermarket lifters?

Im upgrading all my valve train and i was just wondering if there were aftermarket lifters other then the tomei solid ones? I dont want the hassle of dealing with solid lifters! I did that enough on my old drag car!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #6356
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
does anyone know if the s13 passenger-side axles will work on a s14? I can't find a replacement for the s14.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #6357
shiftin_sideways
Leaky Injector

shiftin_sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
What size helicoil do I need for a bolt hole that takes m12x1.25 bolt?
shiftin_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #6358
chiboy002
Post Whore!

chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
my pedal was working nice and dandy today then i hit a huge bump and locked up my brakes and ripped the ebrake prior to hitting it (slowed down enough so i didn't go flying but i still hit it) and now the pedal is SUPER soggy

lines don't seem to be leaking or something, cause my reservoir is full, anybody have an idea?
Old 06-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #6359
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
does anyone know if the s13 passenger-side axles will work on a s14? I can't find a replacement for the s14.
When I busted an axle in my s13 the only replacement I could find was s14, bolted in just fine

And yes it was passenger side (usdm)
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #6360
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
thanks, ordering my reman axles.