Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #91
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
No hablo ingles.

I said give him the wing to avoid shipping since you're making the trip already.

I know nothing comes free. Thats what blow jobs are for.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #92
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
No hablo ingles.

I said give him the wing to avoid shipping since you're making the trip already.

I know nothing comes free. Thats what blow jobs are for.
lol...
Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #93
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Damn I thought those were JimmyTango's VS-XX's... those are Volks? Were they messed up when you bought em? Jack said he had to do some real work on em.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #94
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Damn I thought those were JimmyTango's VS-XX's... those are Volks? Were they messed up when you bought em? Jack said he had to do some real work on em.

haha jack is full oh shit... j/k most likely to prep the polished surface to hold paint.

that's the only damage that was done to the wheels.

other than that I think it was just a huge bitch and a half to prep the surfaces for paint.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #95
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Hot to deffff!!!! Why paint the lips though?

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 12-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #96
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Because....

Because, i'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far.

hahahaha j/k

because I hate 2 piece wheels with polished lips. And, i've for the last 6 years have wanted a set of candy red wheels. And what better wheels to make candy apple red than the only set of volks (GT-U) in the US with the offsets I have.

I wanted to buy the 11's for the rear and throw the 10's up front hence why I test fitted them up front, but they wont turn out with the vertex skirts and i'm not cutting up 500 dollars of side skirt for perfect fitament!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #97
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
i'm not cutting up 500 dollars of side skirt for perfect fitament!
pussy .
Old 12-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #98
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
1. Good build sir!

2. Candy red Rims=win!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #99
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
pussy .
yup, my nick name is beef curtains i'm so pussy! lol fuck that. you pay 250 dollars for a side skirt and see how quick you are to cut it. LOL! especially if the integrity of the side skirt would be degraded by cutting where the wheel would touch. Yah no thanks =(

That and the 6 month wait for some wheels i'm going to pay to fuck up kinda turned me off to the idea too.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #100
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Cut triangles and reglass it. You'll bbbeee fiiiinneee. haha

Nah, I don't even want to drill for hood pins in my hood.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #101
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Cut triangles and reglass it. You'll bbbeee fiiiinneee. haha

Nah, I don't even want to drill for hood pins in my hood.
My current hood is a haggard piece of shit hence why I bought aerocatch... but I like not running a hood latch. I think i'll do the same to my d-max hood or bn-sports. whichever I buckle down and buy first.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #102
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Quote:
Give Jack the roof wing when you go get them!

I see that fool regularly.
Bitch I haven't seen you in a minute.

Talking about regularly.

Unless that's you in the mornings peeking though my bathroom window.

Fucking perv.

That picture of the wheel doesn't really do it much justice.

I took a pic of it in the sun and the pic was just a blur.

In person it looks pretty sick. Not my particular cup of tea, but I can appreciate it.

Be careful though if you touch it without gloves you might catch a cold because it's sick.........
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #103
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
This build rocks, props so far!

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
DJButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 PM   #104
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Bitch I haven't seen you in a minute.

Talking about regularly.

Unless that's you in the mornings peeking though my bathroom window.

Fucking perv.

That picture of the wheel doesn't really do it much justice.

I took a pic of it in the sun and the pic was just a blur.

In person it looks pretty sick. Not my particular cup of tea, but I can appreciate it.

Be careful though if you touch it without gloves you might catch a cold because it's sick.........
You're scared to come hang out.. I can't help it.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:41 AM   #105
tastycakeman
Leaky Injector

tastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-knowntastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-knowntastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-knowntastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-knowntastycakeman is making his/her stupidity well-known
wow, this is a legit build covering all the bases.

with every sick build i always ask, how the hell do you have all the time to do all this, and what pays the bills.

anyways, everything about this is sick, the aero, the red on black. woot
tastycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:10 AM   #106
alindeman1989
Zilvia Addict

alindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to allalindeman1989 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to alindeman1989
yessss s14 build ftmfw. Great work man!!!

tofu man: Don't be cheap, and buy shitty high offset rims
alindeman1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #107
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastycakeman View Post
wow, this is a legit build covering all the bases.

with every sick build i always ask, how the hell do you have all the time to do all this, and what pays the bills.

anyways, everything about this is sick, the aero, the red on black. woot
right now, until I move... my bills consist of paying my street accountant back some loaned cash to obtain the car. my cell phone bill, and food to eat.

I live in a house and used to pay rent, lady let the house slip into foreclosure back in august or something like that. Bank told us to stop paying her rent and just stay in the house so it's not vandalized or what not.

We'll probably be in the house until it sells, but I am moving to the 626 pretty soon, so rent will come back into play. Since both cars are not street legal, and I don't drive them on the streets, they're both not currently registered nor am I paying insurance on them. Another reason why I wont take them in the streets either, i'm not trying to take any chances.

So once I get the car's where I want them to be one by one, i'll get all of the paperwork in order for them, and properly register them somehow. It's so cal, everyone out here is trying to make a buck somehow man. But anyway as far as the time, I really just do research during the week and do my wrenching on saturday since sunday is girlfriend day.

But I told her I have to hit the car up during the week here and there to get this electrical shit done. I still need to resolve my fusebox situation, and my other wiring gremlins before I can do any driving or take the car off any stands for joy riding.

And whomever said red wheels on a black car... the car wont be black.

I'm painting the car the same color as Vaughn4

"Freddy"... the GM powered S14

I am also borrowing quite a few idea's from his build as well as far as his fusebox relocation work and the wheel tubs to replace the beat ass ones in my car. I'll sort out the intercooler piping when the time comes.

Anyway... Should be doing some wiring work tonight on the lower harness.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #108
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
if u want a complete umcut enginebay/interior harness let me know...

it was off an ABS S14
same car the glass came off of

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #109
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
if u want a complete umcut enginebay/interior harness let me know...

it was off an ABS S14
same car the glass came off of
No I have my old harness, thanks though.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #110
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Well, there have been some recent s13 into s14 posts on zilvia.

s13 sr into s14 wiring

Figured I'd post some more random pictures about wiring... Car wiring is pretty fucking complex imo. I wish I had all day to play around with cars and do this lol. Too bad everyone is cheap asses and that's why the people who do offer these services do it on the side or are all out of state. Boo!!!

So I got my workspace all ready, got my mucho mango Arizona juice can! and worked on the car until I ran out of juice LOL (literally)

So I will tackle all of this on the weekend and prepare the harness for sleeving and wire repair where there are like 30 junctions.

Some of the stuff on GXRJordans diagram are not loomed into my upper harness or were ingeniously hacked into other plugs that aren't supposed to be powering those devices but did the same function... +v and -v lol godamn you people that understand electronics!

Anyway so I took the simple write up I posted in another thread.

yeah, so the F10(SR) plug and the F8(SR) plug are making my head hurt, I got the f10(SR) plug all matted up and ready for it to make love to the F3(KA) plugs wires...

I taped the wires from the engine harness and the ones from the f3 plug that will be joined so I can do all of the soldering and shit later and they're out of the way and separated from all of the other wires. That way I can have someone double check my work before I proceed.

LOL if you don't have a picture, now you have a substitute on your how to.

hahahahahahah!

WTF IS THIS???? can I cut it out, de-pin it from the harness plug, does it serve a purpose, honestly, it's going to bug the shit out of me if I need to keep this. Well not really but yeah can I cut it out?

Lastly the F8 plug is where my headache is, it looks like on this little how to that I will be using the 4 wire. But my wire is either burnt or faded, but I fucking swear it's a green wire with a blue stripe and it is fucking with my color identifiers or something in my head like that kool aid from back in the day that was like green but when you added water it turned blue? You know what I'm saying.

Anyway I'll have some more progress tonight to share. Stay tuned kids!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #111
DeadlyZ33
Leaky Injector

DeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really niceDeadlyZ33 is just really nice
I'm upset at the lack of painted rim pictures.
Thinking about painting my Volk GTS' a solid grey color of some sort.
DeadlyZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #112
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyZ33 View Post
I'm upset at the lack of painted rim pictures.
Thinking about painting my Volk GTS' a solid grey color of some sort.
HAHAHA! The rims are currently in the custody of AZNDOC, you're more than free to ask him to try and take more pictures with his iPhone, but they cannot handle the awesomeness and it just looks like he took a picture of the sun itself.

The wheels aren't 100 percent finished, when I get them I will still need to add the pin striping to the wheels myself.

not with paint either, with removable stickers just like volk... Also need to have some volk racing stickers added to the wheels and what not, but some custom ones. Like a smoke or gunmetal glitter color or what not.

I'm going to rock these lugnuts with the red tops to break up the red a bit.

And the pin striping i'm going to use should look like this.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #113
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Great wiring diagrams! The piece you posted is from the SR harness, or is it a plug? I think it's a diode, if it's loomed into the harness.

Those lugnuts are killer! And the pinstriping is a nice touch.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #114
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Great wiring diagrams! The piece you posted is from the SR harness, or is it a plug? I think it's a diode, if it's loomed into the harness.
Yeah, fuck so I guess I need to keep it, I swear I opened it up and looked for some kind of circuitry to validate why it's wrapped up and hidden but no dice. The end part has a rubber cover over the plug and looks like it can plug into something but I dunno what, bah I'll just wrap it up and hide it.

Quote:
Those lugnuts are killer! And the pinstriping is a nice touch.
Well I originally told jack that I wanted to keep a pinstripe on the wheels when they were red, but instead of the (red) pinstripe that is on the wheels already (when the centers were gold) to make that black. But it's all good I can add that shit on my own since it's just stickers.

The lug nuts are baller, as in fucking expensive so I will probably wait till january to coin down on them. I wont be mounting my regular nuts on these wheels for wheel point shots so I don't scratch up the lug mounting holes (oh god noes it's a car scratch it up yo).

I also want to ditch those shitty nexen's on my front wheels and get some nice nice nice grip tires that are streetable and wont die out after 4 months of street driving lol.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 AM   #115
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Alright, I had jotted up like my update and what not, stepped away from my computer, my roomate started to use my computer, froze it downloading illegal movies to it and what not (no wonder why my scratch disc space got low). So yeah he restarted my computer and my shit got lost. GRR!!!!

Friday night I got home from work after getting my girlfriend some wine, headed to the garage to do the dirty with my car. So I've been going back and forth with this one cat trying to figure out this wiring harness madness, lets just say I hope my car fires up the first time no problems. I'm double, tripple, quadruple checking the pin outs, what wires belong to before I do any permanent (well more like I don't want to re-solder anything.) damage.

oh yeah, this image doesn't works on the faq.

this one either.

remember if you need the f3 plug pinout then this is your best friend right here.

Aright, got my ac wiring laid out, GXRJordan said there is a pinout difference between the Zenki and Kouki 240's we shall see since my car secretly was a Zenki at some point, but lets not talk about that horrible time shall we :P

close up with re-done pin out.

white electrical tape is so win!

Ideally this is what the f7-f9 to f3 plug is supposed to look like. + a ring terminal for your ground which should be the orange cable if I can remember correctly off of the top of my head, sorry I'm tired and delusional right now.

Instrument cluster wires on the f3 are all separated, and also on the ecu plug they're ready to go, I just need to do the wire extension and we should be set on that.

alright... I think I'm going to do the length elimination in the bay and leave the engine harness wires the same (I pulled the extra slack into the cabin.)

Anyway started around 2pm yesterday, did about 9 hours of soldering, purchased about 50 dollars worth of wiring I may or may not need, need more heat shrink, need a new needle for my soldering iron, need a shower... Oh and I need to go to fucking sleep, it's 4:15am right now.

I tried not to take over the upstairs loft again by laying my shit out on the floor, and now that we have a pit bull puppy that likes to chew up wires to shit, leaving my harness on the floor is out of the question.

so here is the f9 plug, which I decided I will move in the cabin pre-grommet with the wiper amp.

I didn't have a vast selection of color for the wires I used on the harness. I had 18ga and 20ga wire... the faq said to use 16-18 but half of the wire on the harness is 20ga, and most of it is 18ga. The black/red power cable is about 12-14ga I'm sure I bought some 12ga wire but it wasn't needed after all.

Alright wiper amp stuff all done, put some masking tape on it just to tidy up the wires for now since my workspace is limited. As if it wasn't already very obvious, working with a lot of wires at once is very intimidating and annoying. But now I'm like a semi-pro at de-pinning and doing heat shrink on sweet solder. Ring terminal was added for the ground. =)

f2 plug finished.

Now the fun part... the ignition power, and coil power, to power (F3-1), this one took a while for the solder to finally penetrate ALL of the wire... yeah good fucking luck getting heat shrink over that one. I electrical taped it.

Alright, lets join our f10 wiring... I refrained from adding extensions to most of the wires beyond the wiper plugs from the ka harness just due to the plain fact that we have at least a foot of harness we can eliminate for cleanliness. No point in making stuff you're going to cut longer.

Oh, I noticed on this other harness I'm trying to replicate he had all of these plugs in the cabin, I now realized what they were. The wiper amp (KA-F9) and also the SR Igniter plugs, I threw them in the cabin too. I couldn't figure out where in the engine bay to put them without annoying me or drilling even more holes in the sheet metal. I just don't want it exposed to the engine bay since a replacement is nearly 400 bucks.

Yeah, I'm going to find this shit, and de-pin it...

back to this...

Yeah, I cant pull it through the grommet since the wires are tangled in this bastardization of wires called an engine harness. So I'll have to depin the ground, marked with green tape so it doesn't get lost in abyss.

viola

and now the ignition chip and cables are in the engine bay, the coil pack plug has enough space from the grommet to mat up to the sub harness for the coil packs.

I also had some wires "left over" from the plugs I had to trace back to the engine plugs to find out WTF they were going to, a lot of them were just in random ground junctions but were never originally going to anything when I pulled the motor. I'm sure some of these things were going to that jig rig ass fan relay I pulled off of the car in an earlier post...

you will not be missed. Anyway here is a list of things besides the instrument cluster that still remain on the f3 plug.... that's it for today, I'm spent.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:24 AM   #116
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damn dude your 2nd post in this thread freaked me the fuck out.

I have GT-U's in the same color, I also have a half-ass attempted Kouki conversion, and I have the same style CF hood and aeroctach pins! LOL.

Anyways good luck with the build and the crazy wiring, and thanks for the inspiration to have my Volk's painted (black with flakes, red pinstripe). Keep up the good work.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #117
sidewayz180
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
sidewayz180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
keep us updated
sidewayz180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #118
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

I finished my wiper plugs yesterday - the guide had different pin locations on the wiper motor from what my wiper motor had, but the colors are the same

Looks like you're making great progress. I didn't mess with the f3 plug at all in the end, because I didn't know if my car's body harness even worked... I gave the ECU/sensors one fused relay and the ignitor/ignition another, both activated by ignition switch power, just so that if my entire interior takes a shit, my engine still runs.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #119
wgJoY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
wgJoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wgJoY
... wow. all those wires....
wgJoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #120
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
what kind lugs are those